BMW E36 - Super Charger ?

MotorSprt325

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is the items ?

I was told that is a Super Charger for BMW - model - e36......:confused:

anyone can advice?:uhhh:

Cheer

Re: BMW E36 - Super Charger ?

From the look of thing, it doesn't seemed to have a pulley to run the turbine, hence I wouldn't conclude that it is a supercharger. The cylindrical block behind the turbine looks like an electric motor of sort, hmm... interesting.. electric charger???

I am not aware of any supercharger for the E36 being BMW. Common one would be the AA Tuning, Downing Atlanta where a centrifugal unit is used. I have also heard of Eaton using the "root" type. BMW however do have turbo-charger for the diesel line and I have seen a couple on sale in the e-bay.

This is new to me.

Doesnt look like a supercharger.....but certainly resembles an electric water pump fitted to the newer engines in the E60?

jawsg,

understand normal super charger come with a pulley to run the turbine....

But this thing got a turbine but it run by electric.....

for your experience can electrical run the turbine? how fast will it run then?

MotorSprt325, that thing does resemble a high capacity water pump and turbine are indeed used for water pump, in which case we call it an impeller. Electric motor driven charger are not new and there are many bilge blower (from boats) being converted and sold as electric super-charger. There were claims that there are gains in the power improvement but I doubt that it will be significant. In most, it would improve on the lower end of the rev and make the car more driveable. For a electric motor to create a positive boost, it would have to be a rather big one and consumpt much electricity.

jawsg,

many thanks for your good explaination.....

Hopefully nobody get con.....hehehe

Cheer bro....

jawsg,

may i ask how much will this kind of electric pump cost ? any idea?

cheer

Nope, I have no idea of that one shown in the picture, but for the bilge blower, they'll cost about $50 ~ $300 depends on the capacity. Delmar seemed to have the highest CFM for a 4" blower and cost about USD 159.90.
There are 2 models (already converted) available here. You can check up the Autodesign ADM Air-charger or the E-Ram. They cost around $500 ~ $680 including peripheral and installation. How good they are I do not have any experience. Seemed like a mix of hits and misses from the feedback gotten from various forums.
I also heard of one brother (E36) that have tried one and got to overhaul his engine coz all the valves got busted. Just hear say.. have not seen his engine.

jawsg, GTV6,

You guys are correct....Just check with Golden link and they told me it was a latest 5/7serious electric water pump.....Phew.....Never kanna con by this guy...

This electrical water pump is available for sales at SGD$280....

My friends was quoted $2.5K plus installation of this stupid thing which the guy called SUPER CHARGER!!!

Hopefully no other people get con too....

Cheerz bro...

Wow.. got all kind of creeps out there trying to make a fast buck.. Have to be careful there MotorSprt325. Good thing you and your friend were not victims of this con.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back