BMW E60 LCI key fob

alvincsj

Hi, the battery for my E60 LCI Key fob appear to be getting weak. I have done some research online, and it seems that unless the car has keyless entry, the battery is a rechargeable battery which charges every time you plug your key into the slot.

Anybody knows where I can replace this rechargeable battery now that it is getting weak? (prob not charging properly). Thanks.

Dont think the key uses rechargeable battery. Watch the video below to change the battery yourself. Its quite easy.

You need togo PML just to get that done? Must be joking!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Did more readup on this, apparently there are 2 types of keys: Regular and ComfortAccess.

The Regular Keys are with rechargeable battery. Therefore it has to be inserted into the the key slot so that it can be charged. This is a smart idea employing wireless charging technology. As with anything high tech, once broken, pocket got hole. The upside is no need to replace battery.

The ComfortAccess Keys are the one with replaceable battery, just like mine. So I have never had to insert my keys into the slot. Its always in my pocket. Just changed out the battery recently when I saw the "Battery Remote Discarged" message on idrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aladin138
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back