BMW Garmin GPS....piece of S**T ?!?!

het

Am driving a 320i LCi and my ride comes with the above mentioned with charging cradle incorporated into our front dash board. I need to enquire if any bros here changed out their BMW Garmin GPS to another brand of still retaining the charging cradle?

Reason i'm asking is that i find this Garmin GPS is a piece of crap s**t !!! I was using a Eastgear GPS for the past 4yrs and having no issue / reading mistakes at all....this stupid Garmin one send me to duno where and always take the small road route even though expressway is just 4-500m away......kaozzz

Any bros here experienced the same as me and have changed out theirs? Am contemplating getting a Holux but just concerned abt the charging issue (i.e. exposed wiring etc) Was hoping to use back the charging cradle if possible...:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BMW Garmin GPS....piece of S**T ?!?!

not a fan of garmin....always give forumers the wrong place to go everytime they key in my postal code....end up at tanjong pagar....haha

have the maps been updated?

there's an default option where the GPS automatically avoids expressways. check that it is not selected.

if all things fail, buy an iPhone and download the streetdirectory app. i find that more useful and accurate.

jinooi;660840 said:

there's an default option where the GPS automatically avoids expressways. check that it is not selected.

if all things fail, buy an iPhone and download the streetdirectory app. i find that more useful and accurate.

Can meh? Can the street directory app (free) double up as a GPS?

jinooi;660840 said:

Maps updated, option also de-ticked....u just reminded me .....I oso have the app but never really have the presence of mind to use it...will try it sometime but they cant function the same as a GPS ya? as in real-time tracking to know your current location ya?

change to malsing map la .... best in sg, jb and some say batam :D
just rename the SD card folder GARMIN to GARMIN_ORIG and then create a new GARMIN folder with malsing map, copy the original voice folder over for voice navigation... tada ... all set

I use the Maps app on iphone. 10 times better than Garmin. Now I only use Garmin as a GPS Speedometer.

haolian ... purposely use the GPS to record top speed izit
anyway, i find the OEM GPS with Malsing map is good enough for me la ... the original map is really SH--T

C3P0;660865 said:
I use the Maps app on iphone. 10 times better than Garmin. Now I only use Garmin as a GPS Speedometer.

go do a search on the other car forums and ebay s'pore...

do you know how many people have sold off their GPS ever since iPhone was launched?

the older iPhones did have such good GPS apps. but iPhone 3 and 4 location-based apps work quite well.

i did a comparison between my Garmin and iPhone, and found that iPhone works faster and better, mebbe because it's dependent on cellphone base stations rather than satellite location?

pengful;660855 said:
Can meh? Can the street directory app (free) double up as a GPS?

jinooi;660884 said:
go do a search on the other car forums and ebay s'pore...

do you know how many people have sold off their GPS ever since iPhone was launched?

the older iPhones did have such good GPS apps. but iPhone 3 and 4 location-based apps work quite well.

i did a comparison between my Garmin and iPhone, and found that iPhone works faster and better, mebbe because it's dependent on cellphone base stations rather than satellite location?

Yeah, the iPhone seems to eat into everyone's pie. Sibei tok-kong!

wt_know;660867 said:
haolian ... purposely use the GPS to record top speed izit
Recently my Garmin shows my top speed as 489km/h. No kidding. I was like WTF? :thinking:

btw iphone FTW. Singapore is changing so fast that it is too troublesome to keep updating the Garmin maps.

2 possibilities:-

1) your car is faster than a veyron - very good!

2) your x-wing fighter has engine problems.

which one is it?

C3P0;660890 said:
Recently my Garmin shows my top speed as 489km/h. No kidding. I was like WTF? :thinking:

+1

3) your wheel offset is wrong

jinooi;660893 said:

which one is it?

het;660838 said:
Am driving a 320i LCi and my ride comes with the above mentioned with charging cradle incorporated into our front dash board. I need to enquire if any bros here changed out their BMW Garmin GPS to another brand of still retaining the charging cradle?

Reason i'm asking is that i find this Garmin GPS is a piece of crap s**t !!! I was using a Eastgear GPS for the past 4yrs and having no issue / reading mistakes at all....this stupid Garmin one send me to duno where and always take the small road route even though expressway is just 4-500m away......kaozzz

Any bros here experienced the same as me and have changed out theirs? Am contemplating getting a Holux but just concerned abt the charging issue (i.e. exposed wiring etc) Was hoping to use back the charging cradle if possible...:thinking::thinking::thinking:

My GPS is by this vendor, if you want i can pass u the contact, PM me... do not want to post here
I just collect my car and the GPS NAV is a throw-in by my SE.

PM if you want the contact. :)

Lol, Nokia is dead here. Since Nokia's GPS in their phones has one of THE BEST GPS for a phone, it's pretty good! And i have one. :p

jinooi;660893 said:

which one is it?

wt_know;660912 said:
+1

3) your wheel offset is wrong

It's the driver, not the car, heh heh. Ai race Mai? My car top speed 489km/h, got garmin to prove

something wrong with the LCD screen lah...

decimal point is missing...

not bad if the driver can run at 48.9kmh. should join the youth olympics, but might be over age...

C3P0;660964 said:
It's the driver, not the car, heh heh. Ai race Mai? My car top speed 489km/h, got garmin to prove

I highly recommend Tom Tom GPS
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXRNdmrBAjw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Official Star Wars C-3PO Celebrity GPS VoiceSkins on TomTom Demo‬‏[/ame]

BlueSwift;660931 said:
Lol, Nokia is dead here. Since Nokia's GPS in their phones has one of THE BEST GPS for a phone, it's pretty good! And i have one. :p
yes agreed Bro,

Nokia Phones have a good GPS system with voice aid and very accurate as well, works fine for me, but one thing...as i stay in Pasir Ris the GPS seems to love the PIE over the ECP for some weird reason...anyway can't complain its good and it is free...gets the job done...getting me from where I am, to where i want to go.

BUT I was under the impression that GARMIN was a Renowned BRAND in GPS equipment....was thinking of getting one...for my wife..as the GPS apps that i have come accross for Iphone does not have/support voice aid, kindly correct me if i am wrong.... Just sharing :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back