BMW Performance Intake & Exhaust for E90 320i?

Re: BMW Performance Intake & Exhaust for E90 320i?

ed6141;645372 said:
Low end loss is minimal.

But the same cannot be said, if you will to for quad exhaust.

I heard smaller engine size BMW, 2500cc n below with automatic transmission, requires backflow on the exhaust in order to have more gain. Anyone knows if this is true?

Melvin Lee;646194 said:
I heard smaller engine size BMW, 2500cc n below with automatic transmission, requires backflow on the exhaust in order to have more gain. Anyone knows if this is true?

For engine

freshie;646165 said:
Is the 1.6k from PML or 3rd party workshops? I've just checked with PML, and it's $1.7k for parts, and $900 for installation. Total $2.6k !!

My Performance exhaust for E90 320i was installed by PML with inspection @ less than $220.00

Only set back are their down time of 02days. :p

Just for info.

Cheers ~~

pengful;646320 said:
What about CAI + dummy quads?

For CAI + dummy quad = CAI + twin + dummy twin = CAI + twin

Feel like changing it after reading... Anyone wanna buy my existing stock 320i XOs? :)

Latest update on PML price for BMW Performance Exhaust for 4-potter:

- Parts: $1,588.36 + 7% GST
- Labor: $132 + 7% GST
- LTA inspection: $80 (not sure if need to + GST)

BMW buyers from PML get 10% discount on parts. Those with the 30% discount (new buyers) will get the 30% discount on parts.

Lead time: 1 month (they don't have ex stocks)
Deposit: 70% downpayment to confirm order
Downtime: 2 days (not including Saturdays)

P/S: The $900 labor that my sales agent told me was apparently mis-representation/BS.

freshie;648330 said:
Latest update on PML price for BMW Performance Exhaust for 4-potter:

- Parts: $1,588.36 + 7% GST
- Labor: $132 + 7% GST
- LTA inspection: $80 (not sure if need to + GST)

BMW buyers from PML get 10% discount on parts. Those with the 30% discount (new buyers) will get the 30% discount on parts.

Lead time: 1 month (they don't have ex stocks)
Deposit: 70% downpayment to confirm order
Downtime: 2 days (not including Saturdays)

P/S: The $900 labor that my sales agent told me was apparently mis-representation/BS.

so have you bought it???

cheers

ac323;648333 said:
so have you bought it???

cheers

So tempted.................................................. arrghhhhhh...............................

freshie;648338 said:
So tempted.................................................. arrghhhhhh...............................

good price are very hard to come by..........
we only live ONCE!!!

MTL
cheers

Argh u guys are tempting me too...

detach8;648424 said:
Argh u guys are tempting me too...

go for it,..........................

rims and exhaust........swee swee
cheers

Guys

Dont get your hope too high on BMW Perf Exos...I have it installed on my 330 and the sound is so quiet not bassy at all. Huge disappointment when I collected my car from PML on one Friday evening....Imagine the shock when I press the START button and I cannot hear anything...:( From that point I comtemplated to do some surgery on the exos but chicken out when the word LTA flashes in my brain...LOL:lol2:

Anyway downtime for me was 1 full day including LTA inspection.

YMMV

Cheers

Arrow;648868 said:
Guys

Dont get your hope too high on BMW Perf Exos...I have it installed on my 330 and the sound is so quiet not bassy at all. Huge disappointment when I collected my car from PML on one Friday evening....Imagine the shock when I press the START button and I cannot hear anything...:( From that point I comtemplated to do some surgery on the exos but chicken out when the word LTA flashes in my brain...LOL:lol2:

Anyway downtime for me was 1 full day including LTA inspection.

YMMV

Cheers

I assume you have just installed it. Do let it run in more. It will be louder till then. :)

Actually, its the more free flow that is more important rather than sound. (my nee jiam lar)

Cheers ~~ :)

tomace;648872 said:
I assume you have just installed it. Do let it run in more. It will be louder till then. :)

Actually, its the more free flow that is more important rather than sound. (my nee jiam lar)

Cheers ~~ :)

This is good to know, Tomace. Can do us all a favor here - post a youtube video of the roar of your BMW performance exo. Will really help the uninitiated amongst us (i.e. yours truly) to decide if we do make that plunge! Thanks!

p/s: I googled it on YouTube and I actually like the sound... it was quite impressive... bassy, yet unassuming...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIgga896nk]YouTube - ‪BMW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST E92 320I 2010‬‏[/ame]

freshie;648878 said:
This is good to know, Tomace. Can do us all a favor here - post a youtube video of the roar of your BMW performance exo. Will really help the uninitiated amongst us (i.e. yours truly) to decide if we do make that plunge! Thanks!

p/s: I googled it on YouTube and I actually like the sound... it was quite impressive... bassy, yet unassuming...
YouTube - ‪BMW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST E92 320I 2010‬‏

I would suggest a meeting up to hear it as youtube are very misleading. At 1st after hearing the sound clip from youtube, I assume tat it should be about the same as my previous ride exhaust.

But after installed, Im abit disappointed. After fully run in, its better. :)

*ps: mid ~ high RPM range = song! :)

Cheers~~ :)

tomace;648911 said:
I would suggest a meeting up to hear it as youtube are very misleading. At 1st after hearing the sound clip from youtube, I assume tat it should be about the same as my previous ride exhaust.

OK! Thanks for the offer. PM me your number and we can arrange a time. Thanks!

tomace;648911 said:

Good suggestion. Hearing the real thing from a fellow bro, on the same car same engine, is the closest one can get to knowing what it will sound like on his own car....

tomace;648911 said:

Bro

I have installed for about 8 mths already. And yes I installed it based on youtube and repeated compusive youtube viewing for many nights. haha

The issue is the US system includes a straight through mid pipe while mine only comes with muffler only. 335 sedan perf exos one come with straight through mid pipe and the tone is very nice. I hear it before in person.

I tot I will get this sound but I did not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hNZ5f1Se8]YouTube - ‪BMW Performance Exhaust / Intake‬‏[/ame]

Pls PM if you wish to meet up.

Cheers

tomace

does your system comes with straight thru mid pipe? If yes then you should get that sound on the youtubes posted here. I have bmw perf intake too btw.

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back