BMW Vs S40 T5

Racebred said:
if you dont chiong, turbos actually improve the efficiency of your engine. your comsumption should go down.

whats the 0-100 and bhp of the t5?

buy turbo car of coz must chiong wat....else no fun

0 to 100 should be 7.2 secs?

wait till the S40R is out.....wow!

any comment about the fuel consumption for the T5 ? since its turbo kicks in as low as 2K rpm, i believe that the fuel consumption could be relatively high even on day-to day driving mode.

im not sure exactly what rpm the turbo spools up, but another reason for the low lag is because you have a bigger standard engine than say a subaru - so theres a bit more NA poke before the turbo comes in.

the consumption is not as bad as you may think. with a light foot, im getting about 9km/l, with a heavy foot it goes down to about 7.5km/litre.

couple of points about my FC - car is still quite new, so FC may improve with mileage and my driving is mainly city, very little highway.

mistraele said:
any comment about the fuel consumption for the T5 ? since its turbo kicks in as low as 2K rpm, i believe that the fuel consumption could be relatively high even on day-to day driving mode.

im not sure exactly what rpm the turbo spools up, but another reason for the low lag is because you have a bigger standard engine than say a subaru - so theres a bit more NA poke before the turbo comes in.

the consumption is not as bad as you may think. with a light foot, im getting about 9km/l, with a heavy foot it goes down to about 7.5km/litre.

couple of points about my FC - car is still quite new, so FC may improve with mileage and my driving is mainly city, very little highway.

but hor....

volvo dun have a wonderful forum like bimmer right? ha

volvo got forum! you die... it's started by a member from bmwsg. hahahahhaha. forum's quite big.

Racebred said:
volvo got forum! you die... it's started by a member from bmwsg. hahahahhaha. forum's quite big.

but volvo forum should be not as fun right? ha haha
bimmer owner age group ate younger in general.

Volvo s60 is their mass model, so those ppl should be late 30's? tow kay? no mod car?

if i worng just ignore my post. hahahaa

but volvo forum should be not as fun right? ha haha
bimmer owner age group ate younger in general.

Volvo s60 is their mass model, so those ppl should be late 30's? tow kay? no mod car?

i think as an average the volvo age group is probably a little older. but i wouldnt say its a tow kays forum. there are a lot of S40 T4 members, as well as S60s. the new S40s tend to be younger owners too.

as for mods, there are modders, but maybe not so much as the people here. the turbos do have quite significant mod potential though.

hitmee said:
but hor....

Barsket, who say Volvo forum no fun? They even drive to Malacca to meet the Malaysian Volvo club leh.

Most members in the Volvo forum own T4s so quite a young crowd. Ah Pek here still try to join them once in a while.

There aren't that many Volvos in Singapore and less mods available, so naturally that forum less active with less posts. But still alot of knowledgeable people there hor. ;)

T6 said:
hitmee said:
but hor....

Barsket, who say Volvo forum no fun? They even drive to Malacca to meet the Malaysian Volvo club leh.

Most members in the Volvo forum own T4s so quite a young crowd. Ah Pek here still try to join them once in a while.

There aren't that many Volvos in Singapore and less mods available, so naturally that forum less active with less posts. But still alot of knowledgeable people there hor. ;)

orhhh

Hello to everyone,

Interesting topic you guys are on.

Personally, honestly, when I bought my 1st bimmer 3 years ago, it neber occured to be buying a BMW meant image/branding. I thot that was reserved for the Mercs/Lexis/Jags/Rolls...

Hence I am surprised people buy BMWs for the image. But this, I have grown to appreciate over the years.... haha.

To me, I am attracted to BMWs because of its immense driveability. No doubt BMWs are not the most value-for money cars (enter S40, Legacy GT), but the driving experience is uncomparable.

Put it this way - we all know the chinese theory "one cent money, one cent good"......

I have gone through this many times myself - to opt for a far cheaper and value-for-money car with all the goodies and frills or to stick with the BMW with mininal frills, and cope with the high costs.

My conclusion is simple. Compare buying a $1,000 Hi-Fi set with 10 disc changer, digital sound enhancement, 8 speaker set, DVD/CD/VCD player all-in-one. Then compare an audiophile buying a tube amplifier, single disc player and 2 BOSE speakers - several thousand dollars in total. The richness and warmth in sound from a simple set-up will beat the all-in-one, hundred button/function Hi-Fi set hands down.

Paying less money and getting apparently a lot of "goodies" is not necessarily the wisest deal. Of course, the s40 and GT are probably more powerful in a straight line, but thats not everything. In anycase, there are pretty fast "stock" bimmers around who will eat the S40 and GT anytime. kekekekeke

Sometimes, simplicity is best, and less is more.

BMW - silky 6 pot, balanced chassis, sweet looks, fantastic autobox.

Thats all you need in a true driver's car.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers!
:wavey:

the truth is.....the volume sales speak for itself.

there must be success factors in BMW if not they will not be selling so well.

some benefit you just cannot see/feel from the spec on paper. u got to drive it.

hitmee said:

some benefit you just cannot see/feel from the spec on paper. u got to drive it.

Yup yup. agreed.

So dont regret buying your bimmer yah?

:thumbsup:

SMYUEN said:
My conclusion is simple. Compare buying a $1,000 Hi-Fi set with 10 disc changer, digital sound enhancement, 8 speaker set, DVD/CD/VCD player all-in-one. Then compare an audiophile buying a tube amplifier, single disc player and 2 BOSE speakers - several thousand dollars in total. The richness and warmth in sound from a simple set-up will beat the all-in-one, hundred button/function Hi-Fi set hands down.

Doc, audiophiles are anti-Bose lah ;)

SMYUEN said:
hitmee said:

Yup yup. agreed.

just book last sunday now regret mei. ha ha
waste money

must stay positive mah.

T6 said:
SMYUEN said:

Doc, audiophiles are anti-Bose lah ;)

okok... me not hardcore audiophile but just trying to get the point across...

hitmee said:
SMYUEN said:
hitmee said:

Yup yup. agreed.

just book last sunday now regret mei. ha ha
waste money

must stay positive mah.

oh I see...

Thats right. Dont be discouraged by other people's opinion. Most important is you like and enjoy what you bought!

Driving a Bimmers is sporty, yuppies. :thumbsup: it do cast a branding image, i think is undeniable. but performance wise 330i price too steep :( . wat abt a 320/318 wif turbo engine that is comaprable to T5 type, mayb selling price at $10k more lor. :) Cos i heard to modify an engine cost 15k+/-

Turbo said:
Driving a Bimmers is sporty, yuppies. :thumbsup: it do cast a branding image, i think is undeniable. but performance wise 330i price too steep :( . wat abt a 320/318 wif turbo engine that is comaprable to T5 type, mayb selling price at $10k more lor. :) Cos i heard to modify an engine cost 15k+/-

can try the new 1 series.. 120 turbo....
can fix that on 3 series??? shiok man

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aureacondo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back