BMW X1 versus MB GLK

Max88

Hi all,

I was about to get a GLK (in North Asia, think not available in Singapore). Unfortunately, my family member has gone to BMW and placed a deposit for another car (Z4, not the best car for us in the near future). Now I may have to convince BMW tro refund my deposit (almost impossible) or I may have to get BMW X series. X3 and X5 are relatively old models. I am looking at X1 as it may be also more comparable to my original choice GLK. The options available to me are:

1. Get the GLK and leave the deposit with BMW till my next BMW purchase (which may or may not happen); or

2. Get the X1 and forget about GLK.

GLK costs about 10% more than X1. I am looking at GLK300 and X1 (2.8l).

Please note getting GLK & Z4 is not an option. We currently have a MB sedan overseas and an E92 in Singapore. Any comments on X1 versus GLK. Many thanks.

Re: BMW X1 versus MB GLK

dun think u can consider X5 an old model. X3 maybe.

also, the GLK is a huge machine, diff class when compared with the X1.

unless ur concern is to carry loads of ppl, which the X5 also does, i would ditch the GLk and go for the more exciting and responsive X5 7 seater

Thanks for your comment. You are right that X5 may not be considered old model.

GLK is the smaller version of GL. GLK is slightly smaller than X3 and larger than X1. I would have consider X3 but a new X3 will be launched later this year. Juz want a SUV, albeit a smaller one.

if thats the size range u looking for i suggest waiting for X3. i bet it will be packed with a wholesome of goodies. X1 is too freain small IMO.

I wish I can wait for the new X3. 2 drivers and 1 MB sedan = unhappiness.

shucks. x6 dude. seems like u r not carry many ppl around.

go for a 4 seater

If only X6 is the same price as X1. Dont wish to spend so much. My family members are inclined towards a 2 seater (which I am against) or a SUV (which I am for) given that we already have a MB sedan there.

looks like u have not much of a choice. u need a small SUV urgently but bmw's r either too big or too old.

I am also eyeing the new X1 or X3. But lately I am thinking of the Audi Q5. Looks great and the review is fantastic. Maybe you might want to consider..

I am also keen on getting an Audi. Unfortunately, I was out voted. Only BMW and MB on the table. Matters are made worse because deposit was made to BMW when I was traveling. Otherwise, I would have gotten the GLK300 (think not available in Sg). Are all X1 China Made?

i think the China made ones are only for China market

and ya, GLK is not available here, MB decided RHD market not worth developing for

Thanks. I may have to get it from BMW because of the deposit. Options are: 1) X1 (3 months wait), 2) X3 (immediate and cheaper because new model is launching) 3) Z4 (3-4 months wait and will have to get another car when there is new family members in 1-2 years time) 4) non-turbo facelift E93 (4-5 months wait and almost same as what we have in Singapore, except current is coupe with turbo) 5) F10 (>6 months wait). Sadly, we can get immediate delivery for GLK in black but not an option because of deposit with BMW.

X1 then mate! 3 mnths not that long a wait.

ya.. 3 months is reasonable. We used to wait 4-6 months for E92 in sg. But juz not convince of buying X1 instead of GLK. But the deposit is limiting my choice. Hoping it will be a blessing in disguise (if some can offer some insights why X1 is a "better" choice). Thanks again for your feedbacks.

bmw FTW. u dun need a disguise for this blessing!

I heard the X1 that will be in spore via local dealer will only be offered in 2ltr 4cyl version as found in the 320 and it will be RWD

TripleM;514470 said:
I heard the X1 that will be in spore via local dealer will only be offered in 2ltr 4cyl version as found in the 320 and it will be RWD
thats pretty sad. consider the weight and size of the X1

BC2710;515989 said:
When is the X1 coming? Ready for order from PML?
no news yet. dun think its soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back