BMW X5/X6 vs new Porsche Cayenne

Re: BMW X5/X6 vs new Porsche Cayenne

Purely based on looks..i will go with X6 - fierce, big, aggressive and looks like gunning down on you when you look at the rear mirror. Again personal.

X5 - when you really need a 7-seater.

Cayenne - Unless you want to go for the Turbo...or Cayenne S. It is really heavy and the V6 is not as smooth. Also looks wise..from the rear, it looks quite cheap (plenty of plastic parts) like a Kia Sportege.

I'd pick the X5. I find it a better all round car then the X6. Very usable and dynamics wise, unless u are really pushing it into the corners, not much of a difference imo.

149215_10150346497510604_862110603_16460475_5005734_n.jpg

But according to the brochure the new Cayenne is much much lighter. I like the hybrid one but heard there are some problem with the overheating of the hybrid batteries.

But I agreed with you X6 still have that "LOOK" and I can see many on the road now.

Both X5 and X6 are very easy to drive. Their steering feedback is better than Cayenne. Somehow I felt handling of old Cayenne is better than the new one.

screw all...get the range rover sport

If size doesn't matter, save some moolah and get the new x3 35i?

X6 , interms of design , no doubts about it.
In her own league as for now.

Ultimatedriver;597556 said:
X6 barely. So many x6 traded in for the 7 series.

Interesting, why do they trade in for 7 series? :screwedu: From a SUV to a sedan??? How much can a second hand X6 fetch now? I will go for the new A8, space frame and 3 liters supercharged.

The x5 is much more common in our area. The x6 seems to be much more polarizing; either you love it or you dont!

Besides looks and performance, any actual ownership experiences for the Cayenne?

Is the maintenance expensive vs the X5 or Q7?
Any frequent visits to the mechanic for various issues?
Is it reliabe?

Looking at getting an SUV for my next car within this year, but i hate having my schedule disrupted to repair stuff. Spending 3K on rims is one thing, spending 3K on repairs is another feeling altogether

Thanks bros in advance for any advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbenbetat
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back