BMW yesterday, Volvo tomorrow?

Saab9500

i love my 6 pots 320i. its the ultimate so far, in my 16yrs driving. however, i have been big time disappointed time and again by service centre alexandra that its now goodbye bavarian, hello scandanavian. i dunno how many dudes here face the same choke in the throat treatment by PML Service centre but they are, at best appalling. sadly, i will depart my slate green wheeler for a sapphire black 2 tonners.

it cant be any worse now.

[/b]

Well bro, if u try non-PML workshops, u might have been less disappointed. Enjoy yor new Scandinavia ride bro.

I came from the other way. Had a T6 for a mere 7 mths and decided Bimmer is a much betta drive. ;)

Well I went from German (Stuttgart's 3-pointed star, not Munich's propeller though) to Japan. I must say I am still in love with my current in-line 6-pot now. I have 26 years of driving Germans and Italians before that ... was a true-blue conti-biased nut before.

The smoothest I have driven, even so, compared to my previous 6-pot 320i ... which was a tad rough and unrefined, compared to this Japanese. No regrets as far as Borneo's service center and post-sale customer service over the last 2 years. No long waits, or unresolved issues.

Now I need to check out the new GS300 or the coming IS250.
Not sure if all-aluminium V6 will cut the butter better than the previous IL-6 of both models?

Re: BMW yesterday, Volvo tomorrow?

Saab9500 said:
i love my 6 pots 320i. its the ultimate so far, in my 16yrs driving. however, i have been big time disappointed time and again by service centre alexandra that its now goodbye bavarian, hello scandanavian. i dunno how many dudes here face the same choke in the throat treatment by PML Service centre but they are, at best appalling. sadly, i will depart my slate green wheeler for a sapphire black 2 tonners.

[/b]

I hated PML. I told Marc Singleton, before he was removed, in his face that I will NEVER ever drive a BMW in Singapore if its still being distributed by PML.

Well, 3 years have passed. I still have soft spots for BMW. Particularly the new 630i.

Come network with Volvo owners and visit our site at www.volvosg.com

I swtiched from Alfa to BMW to Volvo and now Merc .....

I agree with T6. There are alot of independent mechanics out there who are capable of taking good care of our rides be it Jap or Conti. I have visited many car forums, and almost every forum has problems with the car distributors. For me, I drive second hand cars. Most importantly, because it is much cheaper. At close to paper value, I can easily scrap it if I want to without losing much. The only drawback is I am not the first to savour the nice leather smell etc and not the first to try out new models of cars. There are so many nice cars to try out. Off hand, I can think of Mazda RX8, Saab Aero, Volvo R, Honda S2000 etc..With car prices so unstable, for me at least, second hand is the way to go.

bro,
i would still reserve a soft spot for beemer and i never say i would never buy another one....though. somehow once a beemer will always be a beemer and i find it true.

Mr Rock is no better. the Service centre needs a new image and new management.

keep it up. i will still be zipping in here once a while.

if the alfas, saabs and audis make proper rwd cars, they'd be very enticing indeed. for those who crave outright performance, fwd feels a little lacking, in my personal opinion.

Racebred said:
if the alfas, saabs and audis make proper rwd cars, they'd be very enticing indeed. for those who crave outright performance, fwd feels a little lacking, in my personal opinion.

..... FWD is for safety more than for handling. You have owned Alfas, and I have owned most of their models. They handle well but still RWD is the best. The tuned S60T5 kick butts in the straight but when comes to corner it turns into a rooster (... not as bad as a chicken though). Even the Ah Pek RWD C240V6 more shoik to drive ...........

P/S Alfa, Audi and Saab won't make proper RWD, they have total lost it decades ago. Don’t forget one is own by boring Fiat, the other by family car VW and the last by wishy-washy performance and handling GM.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

no lah they do FWD to cut chassis development cost, and manufacturing cost. and keep their cars competitively priced for people who havent an idea what is rwd or fwd totally.

they will go, wah audi much cheaper than bmw, both german, okay buy!

bmw is for discerning buyers. how many people will appreciate the 1 series to be the only mainstream model of a hot hatch? they will only complain it's too expensive.

Re: BMW yesterday, Volvo tomorrow?

Saab9500 said:

[/b]

i share the same sentiment as you,

used to own a E46 but i have switched to S60T5.

afterall, i dont see y the hack that i have to tolerate with those ppl at pml when i paying a premium on the car...

good choice bro!

my humble score card for them:

:furious: PML Service Centre Alexandra

:thumbsup: Kpg Arang Service Centre

:shoot: customer service Alexandra

:inlove: girls in sales Kp Arang/Alexandra

:thumbsup: workshop manager Jerome Kpg Arang

:bullshit: Alexandra service centre superviors

:thumbsup: BMW 320i

:) BMW Asia Harborfront (Ralf)

Racebred said:

Alfas have gone AWD. The 75 was the last of the RWD cars.

you mean they have certain models with awd? but so has volvo, audi, and bmw. and those using haldax, is actually still a fwd system basically

Thats true. The EU is pushing furher on passive safety. Now its AWD.

I think soon cars will be so idiot prove that all you need is to program the destination and you seat behind and relax. Safety equals boring.

;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRogerss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back