Body Kit

roversen

Hi everyone, i would like to know what brands of body kit can i look into for bmw. Would like to look at more choices before deciding. eg. Hamann, Rieger,AC Schnitzer any others that i don't know of? Hope you guys can fill me in. :)

Re: Body Kit

it helps if you state which model of yr ride & whether u wld prefer subtle or aggressive type of bodykits .

adsnx;267428 said:
it helps if you state which model of yr ride & whether u wld prefer subtle or aggressive type of bodykits .

Hi, sorry miss out the model. I am looking for body kits of E92 335i coupe and of aggressive type :) would also like to know of the brands of Titanium Exhaust i can look at.

acupunch;267577 said:
Rieger... bery bery aggressive. need 20" bling bling wheels to go along.
Yup the current one i have in my mind is Rieger, trying to see if there are any more aggressive ones haha. Heard that 20inch rims gotto roll fenders for 335i so i will have to give it a pass.

Rieger is one of the more aggro kits out there! Only problem that Kentonna didn't go for it is cuz of the materials that its made of!

Cheers!

There was a thread that covers the same topic.....

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/exterior-section/16409-after-market-bodykit-e92-coupe.html

Quite a few of us - Azrielsc, elmariachi - here went through lots of talking-cock and surfing to end up with our choices. The conclusion remains - there is no "purist" kit that suits the E92 or E93. You need to mix and match to obtain the best match. But before you decide which kit to jump into, you've gotta ask which exhaust & rims to complement, and if you wanna lower your ride? Have you done your research? Cause one thing will lead to another.......these are my thoughts:

• Hamann - the sideskirts are aggressive, rear diffuser is nice - only if you run quads. Note that I am biased here. Front add-on lip does not change the front look very much. Boot spoiler disappoints, roof spoiler is overdone.
  • AC Schnitzer - front add-on changes the front look quite a bit - much more angular. Sideskirts are add-on, looks shabby. Rear add-on on bumper is real nice - again you will have to run quads or ACS's twin peanut-shape tips. Trunk spoiler is nice. Roof spoiler is overkill.
  • Hartge - best front so far.
  • Rieger - my initial choice !!! Why did I give up? One, it is not made of PU, but ABS plastic. It is not as resilient as PU on impact. So, watch those humps if you want those sideskirts and rear valance !!! Two, you will need 20" rims to carry those thick sides and rear valance. But, it is full of character, IMO. If properly executed, of course. Remember to choose correctly when ordering - 2 versions of front lip and at least 2 versions of rear valance to fit your quads. So plan carefully with your exhaust mods. Oh yeah, rear spoiler is nice too.
  • M-Sports - best balance of the lot. Similar to the E92 M3 front, subtle sides, nice rear, but really need the right car colour to carry that rear valance.
  • M-Aero - front lip is most popular amongst all - again I am biased here. Sides are too subtle. Rear is very contentious.
  • Duke Dynamics - very M-Sport look, but suspicions of poor fitment. Read e90posts for the various guys trying hard to fit the parts in.......
  • Vorsteiner - best trunk spoiler IMO. Front lip quite popular among the US guys, but it is not angular - in fact it further accentuate the rounded look on the stock front bumper.
One important question - what colour is your car?

My choices for E90 , one of the following only:
1.OEM Full MTech Kit
2. Hamann full replacement front bumper, side skirts, combined with OEM M Tech rear bumper
3. Alpina

Azrielsc;270860 said:
Rieger is one of the more aggro kits out there! Only problem that Kentonna didn't go for it is cuz of the materials that its made of!

Cheers!

Yup Rieger looks fierce but 1 down point is its made from ABS plastic. :(

kenntona;270883 said:
There was a thread that covers the same topic.....

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/exterior-section/16409-after-market-bodykit-e92-coupe.html

Quite a few of us - Azrielsc, elmariachi - here went through lots of talking-cock and surfing to end up with our choices. The conclusion remains - there is no "purist" kit that suits the E92 or E93. You need to mix and match to obtain the best match. But before you decide which kit to jump into, you've gotta ask which exhaust & rims to complement, and if you wanna lower your ride? Have you done your research? Cause one thing will lead to another.......these are my thoughts:

• Hamann - the sideskirts are aggressive, rear diffuser is nice - only if you run quads. Note that I am biased here. Front add-on lip does not change the front look very much. Boot spoiler disappoints, roof spoiler is overdone.
  • AC Schnitzer - front add-on changes the front look quite a bit - much more angular. Sideskirts are add-on, looks shabby. Rear add-on on bumper is real nice - again you will have to run quads or ACS's twin peanut-shape tips. Trunk spoiler is nice. Roof spoiler is overkill.
  • Hartge - best front so far.
  • Rieger - my initial choice !!! Why did I give up? One, it is not made of PU, but ABS plastic. It is not as resilient as PU on impact. So, watch those humps if you want those sideskirts and rear valance !!! Two, you will need 20" rims to carry those thick sides and rear valance. But, it is full of character, IMO. If properly executed, of course. Remember to choose correctly when ordering - 2 versions of front lip and at least 2 versions of rear valance to fit your quads. So plan carefully with your exhaust mods. Oh yeah, rear spoiler is nice too.
  • M-Sports - best balance of the lot. Similar to the E92 M3 front, subtle sides, nice rear, but really need the right car colour to carry that rear valance.
  • M-Aero - front lip is most popular amongst all - again I am biased here. Sides are too subtle. Rear is very contentious.
  • Duke Dynamics - very M-Sport look, but suspicions of poor fitment. Read e90posts for the various guys trying hard to fit the parts in.......
  • Vorsteiner - best trunk spoiler IMO. Front lip quite popular among the US guys, but it is not angular - in fact it further accentuate the rounded look on the stock front bumper.
One important question - what colour is your car?

Hi, yup looked thru the link u posted. Won't be lowering ride to prevent sideskirts from rubbing humps. The kit which i am more or less confirm now is Rieger. For front will be the 1 that forms 2 U shape thingy and for rear bumper will be the 1 with 2 stripes beside both exhaust. Now main problem for me would be looking for a titanium exhaust. Don't know if eisenmann fits nicely into the rear bumper. Currently also doing some research in e90post to find out more about exhaust. Lastly ride would be Alpine White. :) Since Rieger was initially your first choice do you know roughly how much is the kit? You can PM me if its not nice to list it out here.

TripleM;270958 said:
1.OEM Full MTech Kit
2. Hamann full replacement front bumper, side skirts, combined with OEM M Tech rear bumper
3. Alpina

Hamann's kit looks good but 1 thing that puts me off are their spoilers.

roversen said:
Won't be lowering ride to prevent sideskirts from rubbing humps. The kit which i am more or less confirm now is Rieger. For front will be the 1 that forms 2 U shape thingy and for rear bumper will be the 1 with 2 stripes beside both exhaust. Now main problem for me would be looking for a titanium exhaust. Don't know if eisenmann fits nicely into the rear bumper. Currently also doing some research in e90post to find out more about exhaust. Lastly ride would be Alpine White. :) Since Rieger was initially your first choice do you know roughly how much is the kit? You can PM me if its not nice to list it out here.
My two cents......

(1) you wanna run 19" but do NOT wanna lower the ride ? Trust me that it will look weird on the E92 - those damn wheel arches. Choose your rims wisely. If your rims do not have spokes that extend all the way to the brim, or have lips, your rims will look puny.

(2) Exhaust - decides first, measures the distance in between the tips, then order the kit. My belief is that your exhaust mod will likely last longer than your kit, unless you are caught. Which begs the question - what if you are caught (touch wood)? To retrofit the stock exhaust, you will have to strip the bumper again........ just a thought.

(3) Do some research on Arqray - it has titanium tips. Check with J4C's Seetoh.

(4) Rieger kit - cost < S$2000 - cheapest amongst the lot because of the material. Two sources to check with - Barry aka rex7_vtec or Eurohaus at Eunos.

Plan your mods carefully.

roversen said:
Hamann's kit looks good but 1 thing that puts me off are their spoilers.
Mix and match, dude. There are plenty of nice "tuner" spoilers......

kenntona;271361 said:
My two cents......

(1) you wanna run 19" but do NOT wanna lower the ride ? Trust me that it will look weird on the E92 - those damn wheel arches. Choose your rims wisely. If your rims do not have spokes that extend all the way to the brim, or have lips, your rims will look puny.

(2) Exhaust - decides first, measures the distance in between the tips, then order the kit. My belief is that your exhaust mod will likely last longer than your kit, unless you are caught. Which begs the question - what if you are caught (touch wood)? To retrofit the stock exhaust, you will have to strip the bumper again........ just a thought.

(3) Do some research on Arqray - it has titanium tips. Check with J4C's Seetoh.

(4) Rieger kit - cost < S$2000 - cheapest amongst the lot because of the material. Two sources to check with - Barry aka rex7_vtec or Eurohaus at Eunos.

Plan your mods carefully.

Agree with you on the wheel arches but if i were to lower the ride the side skirts will say bye bye to me very soon, also lowering ride = 1 more item warranty void hard choice here haha.

Also thanks for your sources i will check with them on the fitment of eisemann and the bumper. By the way you change your exhaust from front all the way till back or match them on midpoint?

TripleM;270958 said:
1.OEM Full MTech Kit

Hi Jack, the above body kit are you referring to the one from PML? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back