BRAKE (irritating sound)

rt4ouredz

Hi all

driving '05 E90
after changing brand new OEM rotors, brake pad, sensor (both front & back).
but i did not bleed the hose.
the irritating sound still there, dunno how to explain how is sound like.
when brake and release brake also have the "crock" sound.
the whole braking feel is NOT smooth at all!!!
should i go back to the workshop?
any kind soul can help?

additional, i realise when i brake and slow down my ride, i heard so empty "howling" sound, issit from the type or wheel bearing or any related?
using 19" breyton with CSC3

Re: BRAKE (irritating sound)

rt4ouredz said:
should i go back to the workshop? any kind soul can help?

Could be poor bedding. Drive for a week or two and the noises should be gone.

Else, SOP answer - drive back to the workshop and diagnose.

i just changed my rear oem brake pad too but still using old rotors. so far so good. no sound whatsoever
i'm not sure whether workshop bed the pad.
do they drive + jam brake several times or use tool to bed the pad?
is it a must for workshop (sop) to bed in the pad or just install and drive 1 week+ ... the pad is bed in "naturally"

Last edited by a moderator:

rt4ouredz;1001916 said:
Hi all

driving '05 E90
any kind soul can help?

additional, i realise when i brake and slow down my ride, i heard so empty "howling" sound, issit from the type or wheel bearing or any related?

Take it back and get the mech to drive it to hear for themselves. It is either they used the wrong brakes pads or they did not install correctly. I also just had my rear rotors and pads replaced and had none of what you described.

pengful can share where u did it?
I went back they tell me its normal...
wtf...

rt4ouredz;1001916 said:
Hi all

driving '05 E90
any kind soul can help?

You mentioned OEM Brakes . Did the workshop put on TRW brake pads for you ? If its TRW, its gotta be the crappiest brakes around. It squeaks/squeals almost immediately after putting on .

rt4ouredz;1001916 said:
Hi all

driving '05 E90
any kind soul can help?

Bro i had the same problem recently and problem is with the rotor which the ws skimmed it for me and after that, it went on smooth without the howling sound anymore.

REND said:
Bro i had the same problem recently and problem is with the rotor which the ws skimmed it for me and after that, it went on smooth without the howling sound anymore.

NEW rotors need to be skimmed ? Which workshop?

kenntona;1007837 said:
NEW rotors need to be skimmed ? Which workshop?

I asked the same question too bro and was said some times it happens. Sent to one of the ws at euros for skimming as not ws has skimming svcs

REND said:
I asked the same question too bro and was said some times it happens. Sent to one of the ws at euros for skimming as not ws has skimming svcs

Nonsense. You do a proper bed-in on the new rotors, then over time you will realise if you need them to be skimmed.

Bro me newbie to this leh so since it work after skimming then take it as its the rotor lol

REND;1007937 said:
Bro me newbie to this leh so since it work after skimming then take it as its the rotor lol

This is what they do to your rotors. Usually for the (old) rotors with surfaces that are slightly uneven.

[video=youtube;LlvH03IBHb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvH03IBHb0[/video]

Bro, brake noise due to OEM.. Brake pad size unmatched, even you apply tick grease on in between brake pad and caliper it'll just temporary soften the noise,, it very irritating on my previous E90 as well... Ended up I gave up and send to Munich to replaced original parts and problem solved. I swear will never bring my ride to outside workshop ever again! Because most of them will tell u ' Boss cheap n saving $ is like that 1 la' !!!! Save not much and yet created uncomforted myself !!

As for the noise most likely wheel bearing worm, bring to Munich to get it check, they are very professional and I would said Fast, Accurate, reasonable price n superb customer car!! What else better then 1 year warranty on workmanship 2 years Warranty on Parts??? :thumbsup:

nhc;1007606 said:
You mentioned OEM Brakes . Did the workshop put on TRW brake pads for you ? If its TRW, its gotta be the crappiest brakes around. It squeaks/squeals almost immediately after putting on .

all brakes will have to be properly bedded-in, regardless whether you change the pads or the rotors. otherwise they will squeal.

for more information, pls read http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/suspension-brake-tyres-rims-section/33263-squealing-brakes-such.html

REND;1007836 said:

congratulations! you have effectively reduced the thickness of your rotor, i.e. shortened its lifespan.

REND;1007924 said:

asked who? your workshop mechanic? should stop going to whichever workshop that is...

a lot of information is archived in this forum, posted by other members who will probably have encountered the same issues. all you have to do is search for it.

or you can send a PM to any of the Lau Jiao here and they will be more than glad to help (provided you buy them kopi after that).

REND;1007937 said:

don't know - ask, and make sure you ask the right people.

but at least make an effort to find out on your own first.

1. brake noise is not due to OEM parts. it can be a multitude of reasons, but most oftern due to brakes not properly bedded-in. pls see my previous post above.

2. the fact that your previous workshop is incompetent does not mean MA is good. i'm very glad you found MA good. to each his own.

3. a little knowledge is dangerous. i'm impressed at how you can arrive at the conclusion that the wheel bearings are worn, just from reading this thread.

4. are you from MA? really hard-sell leh...

Francio;1007944 said:
Bro, brake noise due to OEM.. Brake pad size unmatched, even you apply tick grease on in between brake pad and caliper it'll just temporary soften the noise,, it very irritating on my previous E90 as well... Ended up I gave up and send to Munich to replaced original parts and problem solved. I swear will never bring my ride to outside workshop ever again! Because most of them will tell u ' Boss cheap n saving $ is like that 1 la' !!!! Save not much and yet created uncomforted myself !!

As for the noise most likely wheel bearing worm, bring to Munich to get it check, they are very professional and I would said Fast, Accurate, reasonable price n superb customer car!! What else better then 1 year warranty on workmanship 2 years Warranty on Parts??? :thumbsup:

seanskye;1007940 said:
This is what they do to your rotors. Usually for the (old) rotors with surfaces that are slightly uneven.

[video=youtube;LlvH03IBHb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvH03IBHb0[/video]

Thanks bro for the info.

jinooi;1007998 said:
all brakes will have to be properly bedded-in, regardless whether you change the pads or the rotors. otherwise they will squeal.

for more information, pls read http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/suspension-brake-tyres-rims-section/33263-squealing-brakes-such.html

congratulations! you have effectively reduced the thickness of your rotor, i.e. shortened its lifespan.

asked who? your workshop mechanic? should stop going to whichever workshop that is...

a lot of information is archived in this forum, posted by other members who will probably have encountered the same issues. all you have to do is search for it.

or you can send a PM to any of the Lau Jiao here and they will be more than glad to help (provided you buy them kopi after that).

don't know - ask, and make sure you ask the right people.

but at least make an effort to find out on your own first.

yup. i have stopped going to the ws.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelissaChambers

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back