Brake pad & disc

Ric Chong

My E66 left 3 yrs 3 months.

Should I change brake pad & disc from the agent, or original parts/OEM from other workshops?

Hope to get your experienced advise.

Thanks!!

Re: Brake pad & disc

Ric Chong;1029314 said:

Should I change brake pad & disc from the agent, or original parts/OEM from other workshops?

Thanks!!

from outside workshop can already......... ( check site-sponsors )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

If you intend to keep the ride, any of the site sponsors can do the same job for an affordable price! :)

A reputable workshop should suffice. No point wasting good money on agents. Might as well spend the extra $ on modding.

Why don't you just go back to the workshop that solved your parking brake problem? Like what the others mentioned, save your money to upgrade your car camera.

Hi brothers,

I will visit outside workshop....but should i use original parts or OEM? Please advise! Thanks a million.

To me there's no difference..it's just an additional logo that clocks up the price.
:)

Better do some research ....... Different pads got different characteristics e.g sound, dust etc .....

Brake pad & disc

Ric Chong;1029314 said:

Thanks!!

Regardless of age and how long more you intend to keep your ride, please change your brake system components asap when they are due. Nothing is more valuable than your life and those of others on the road.

If you drive hard and need the stopping power, upgrade to a larger brake kit. If you don't drive hard, the stock setup should be sufficient and personally I feel that the only aftermarket item that will make any significant change in this case are ceramic brake pads (eg. EBC) which generate less brake dust compared to stock pads. However, they have a higher chance of squealing if not bedded properly.

Since need to change rotors and pads, maybe good excuse to upgrade to BBK.

angcheekeong;1029390 said:
If normal street driving, oem pads good enuf but dusty.

I used to lovingly call my stock pads "dust balls" for obvious reasons... especially when I was washing brake dust from my rims every 2-3 days...

View attachment 54318

JuzMe;1029401 said:
Since need to change rotors and pads, maybe good excuse to upgrade to BBK.

7 series with BBK?? Interesting... I have yet to sight a fast and furious one on the road.

Eh TS, you seem to be having some wear and tear issues with your 7. Why not just get a quote or two from one of the trusted outside workshops for whatever you need to do?

Dear all brothers of BMW.SG,

Replaced front wheels brake pad + disc, brake sensor, radiator, and a pair of hood struts. Saved a lot of $.

Thanks for your valuable advise! Very much appreciate!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back