Brake Warning Signal

gunship

Hi Folks.

This is rather urgent. My wife's E90 just had this signal lit up 1 hour ago. It is obviously got to do with brakes. I would very much like to get this fixed for her before i travel this Sunday.

Can someone pls direct me to a workshop who can help me diagnose and fix this please? BVO, Juzz, Boss, R2D ?

Thank you for your help.

IMG_0708.jpg

Re: Brake Warning Signal

Hi gunship,

it is brake pad finishing soon but can still drive in sg and not at Sepang Track......hehe
you can go to BOSS, look for Calvin or Nick....6459 0038

cheers

gunship;588583 said:
Hi Folks.

This is rather urgent. My wife's E90 just had this signal lit up 1 hour ago. It is obviously got to do with brakes. I would very much like to get this fixed for her before i travel this Sunday.

Can someone pls direct me to a workshop who can help me diagnose and fix this please? BVO, Juzz, Boss, R2D ?

Thank you for your help.

IMG_0708.jpg

What are the cost of the brake pads?
Anyone has any idea how much the disc brakes would cost?

Pads quite cheap, disc a bit more ex. U can ask ur workshop to quote.
Anyway expensive also must change, davidtch say one. Just like tyres.

How much roughly? Can provide since i also need to change pad and disc. Thanks a million!

chocolate;687810 said:
How much roughly? Can provide since i also need to change pad and disc. Thanks a million!
Hi Just to share,

changing Brake pads (stock), Rotor (Brake Discs) +sensor (OEM brake disc and pads all round)+labor = below SGD 900
should do the flushing and changing of brake fluid as well..recommended. kindly check with our sponser workshops.
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

great! btw.. which workshop is good? Is it a must to change yearly? PML quoted me almost 2k! :(

btw.. PML told me must change back BMW pad.. got such thing? Orelse my warranty void?!

chocolate;687839 said:
btw.. PML told me must change back BMW pad.. got such thing? Orelse my warranty void?!
what a load of crap.....PML...day light roberry.....to me this is Total Bullshit.....

Bro, for Brake Pads and Rotor u either wait for the sensor to prompt (via On Board Computer) or get the workshop to check the condition (thinkness)it is not a scheduled replacement.....yearly or not depends on ur driving pattern and habbits.....heavy braking.....light braking...????? THe Norm is after 3-4 brake pads change....the Rotor will be due for change.....on average......

You can check with R2D/BVO/BOSS

Hope this helps....

Can some one share the average life of disc/rotor and pad in terms of KM ? Normal driving type. Thanks

Any one know's ????

Hi MonacoBlue,

This is just my point of point (based again on my driving pattern) brake pads change every 20K....Rotors every 80K.....on average.(the fourth time u change the brake pads...u also will roughly need to change ur Rotors/Disc Brake)

Hope it helps and this is just a rough guide :)

Best is to always gets the Brakes checked during your service.....

Cheers.

MonacoBlue;688255 said:
Can some one share the average life of disc/rotor and pad in terms of KM ? Normal driving type. Thanks

Any one know's ????

Mine changed at abt 30km(twice so far), rear have abt 10km more but to save time i change front and rear at the same time.

Original pads seem super abrasive, i need to change all rotors for every pad replacement.

Dear all, I'm new in this forum and is looking towards a pre-owned 2009/2010 318 or 329. Never owned a BMW before (last ride was a Nissan Teana 200). any comments on 318 or 320?

Also, how abt the servicing? Heard that for a merc, there is a major servicing at 70k and probably you will spend $5k for the parts replacement, is this the case for a Beemer too?

Appreciate if you could share your past experiences please.

Thanks!

Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetsbs1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back