Bridgestone or Jap made tyres

Vagabond

Hi, it seems that there is a following here for EU brand tyres. Does anyone here uses Bridgestone? It seems I also notice the bimmers on the road are on Michelin, GY, etc... Anything wrong with Bridgestone tyres?

Re: Bridgestone or Jap made tyres

Vagabond;642454 said:
Hi, it seems that there is a following here for EU brand tyres. Does anyone here uses Bridgestone? It seems I also notice the bimmers on the road are on Michelin, GY, etc... Anything wrong with Bridgestone tyres?

Hi Vaga,

Nothing wrong with Bridgestone...............what happen? somebody scolded you for using them?

cheers

Vagabond;642454 said:

My 3.5 yrs old E90 have been using Jap and Korean tyres all the while.

I started off with Toyo T1R, Falken ZE912 and now Hankook S1 Evo. Served me well all the while. It depends on your preference really. For me its more of budget haa haa.

Previously I was using PS2, now using Bridgestone S001 also, prefer S001 because they are manufactured this year. S001 handling is good and precise.

There's never an issue of a tire made in country A being negatively associated with unsuitability concerns with a car made in country B
That's bunch of nonsense.

A German marries a Japanese, the children will be good looking u know...

not made in China can liao...

LINGLONG%20CATALOG-1.jpg

TripleM;642513 said:
There's never an issue of a tire made in country
give u LingLong tyres on ur smurf

delrosa81;642488 said:
My 3.5 yrs old E90 have been using Jap and Korean tyres all the while.

I started off with Toyo T1R, Falken ZE912 and now Hankook S1 Evo. Served me well all the while. It depends on your preference really. For me its more of budget haa haa.
Well said BRO - delrosa81,

it is basically individual preference, cost $$ vs comfort vs usage, and finally striking the perfect balance which is value for money.

Bridgestone tyres are good, and there is actuall a site that gives a full range of Bridgestone approved Bmw tyres to choose from based on the specific BMW models..
Bmw tyres: Find the recommended Bmw tyres on Drive.com.au

again it is just a opinion based sugestion. have fun and hope this helps.

Not necessarily true...an ugly short german with a short & ugly Jap will produce a super ugly midget..

Some german are really short u know...

I have been using Michelin PP & Primacy HP because it is difficult to get sports tyre for 225/55 16 other than indent & wait.

On Bridgestone Potenza S001. Good, grippy, suitable for our weather (esp. the rain), yet sporty feel. Good balance between performance & comfort despite being on lowered ride with stiff sus and 19" wheels.

ac323;642457 said:
Hi Vaga,

Nothing wrong with Bridgestone...............what happen? somebody scolded you for using them?

cheers

Haha! No... I was just curious how come the postings rarely has info on Jap tyres. I see more threads on EU brands.

I am looking for Bridgestone tyres... S001 seems good and nice though its on the expensive side. I was looking at Hankook S1 Evo but now a lot of odd sizes. I understand there is a promo now that you can win an advance driving lesson if you buy a set of BS tyres.... check the site... I don't care for the $10bucks petrol voucher though :roll:....

Potenza Driving Lesson

Jadis;642509 said:
Previously I was using PS2, now using Bridgestone S001 also, prefer S001 because they are manufactured this year. S001 handling is good and precise.

You reckon S001 is better for you than PS2? I was contemplating PS3 and then Super Sports but the prices are unbelievable. I know RE002 is coning out soon but speed rating is still W. S001 is rated Y.

zorro;642516 said:
Not necessarily true...an ugly short german with a short & ugly Jap will produce a super ugly midget..

Some german are really short u know...

I like the Japanese AV ones... :yummie: I meant Yokohama AV series...

Vagabond;642664 said:
You reckon S001 is better for you than PS2? I was contemplating PS3 and then Super Sports but the prices are unbelievable. I know RE002 is coning out soon but speed rating is still W. S001 is rated Y.

S001 handling is better and more precise may be due to harder sidewall construction as compared to PS2. I may be wrong but this is what I feel. I am also particular on the date of manufacture, those Michelin and Pirelli tyres that available for my car are all more than 1 year from the date of manufacture, so I go for S001 since they are manufactured in 2011. I wouldn't use the tyres that is more than 3 year old.

I heard P zero is good but never try before.

My set of F1 Asym tyres are on their last 5,000km and recent kena sidewall puncture on the one of the rear, so was forced to change at least both rear tyres. F1 Asym and PS3 no stock, PS2 no size, left with RE001, S001 and PSS. S001 and PSS similar price, at almost $500 a piece. So to fit my budget, I changed my rear tyres to RE001 at $300+ a piece. After change, the rear has less grip than the worn out F1 Asym at the front (less than 2mm to wear indicator), so much so that DSC is activated when cornering above 80km/h. Though the grip improved a little as the rear tyres wear more than 500km, the RE001 is still no match in cornering grip to the F1 Asym.

Dilema: my front tyres are probably due for change within the next 2-3 months. Should I move the existing RE001 to the front and put F1 Asym 2 (was told will reach our shore in July and cost $300+ a piece) or RE002 (also arriving in July and cost similar) at the rear? Which combination will provide better balance for cornering without activating DSC? With F1 Asym all round, I could corner beyond 100km/h without activating DSC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back