Bridgestone or Jap made tyres

Re: Bridgestone or Jap made tyres

I guess the grippier tyres should go in front since most of the braking work is done via the front tyres.......

156F1;642960 said:
My set of F1 Asym tyres are on their last 5,000km and recent kena sidewall puncture on the one of the rear, so was forced to change at least both rear tyres. F1 Asym and PS3 no stock, PS2 no size, left with RE001, S001 and PSS. S001 and PSS similar price, at almost $500 a piece. So to fit my budget, I changed my rear tyres to RE001 at $300+ a piece. After change, the rear has less grip than the worn out F1 Asym at the front (less than 2mm to wear indicator), so much so that DSC is activated when cornering above 80km/h. Though the grip improved a little as the rear tyres wear more than 500km, the RE001 is still no match in cornering grip to the F1 Asym.

Dilema: my front tyres are probably due for change within the next 2-3 months. Should I move the RE001 to the front and put F1 Asym 2 (was told will reach our shore in July and cost $300+ a piece) or RE002 (also arriving in July and cost similar)? Which will provide better balance for cornering without activating DSC. With F1 Asym all round, I could corner beyond 100km/h without activating DSC.

Thought for RWD, the grippier tyres should be at the rear to minimise tail happiness when cornering?

Red_Bean_Bun;642962 said:
I guess the grippier tyres should go in front since most of the braking work is done via the front tyres.......

156F1;642964 said:
Thought for RWD, the grippier tyres should be at the rear to minimise tail happiness when cornering?

Iin most braking situations I would think the front is doing most of the work. For cornering - not sure.......

Jadis;642702 said:
S001 handling is better and more precise may be due to harder sidewall construction as compared to PS2. I may be wrong but this is what I feel. I am also particular on the date of manufacture, those Michelin and Pirelli tyres that available for my car are all more than 1 year from the date of manufacture, so I go for S001 since they are manufactured in 2011. I wouldn't use the tyres that is more than 3 year old.

I heard P zero is good but never try before.

I tried the PZero Rosso on my previous ride. I never felt much on this tyres and it sucks on B roads. I feel the grip on some of the tyres I used is better. I do hope S001 is a better all round tyres since I have almost make up my mind to try it.

156F1;642964 said:

I think (i definitely not expert in driving, my DSC never ever light up before, so this is really just my opinion) if you are so much into cornering, than better have a more or less neutral car. If your rear is grippier you will end up with over-steer if your car is super powerful or you floor your gas pedal. When that happens DSC will probably kicks in too i think. When road is very wet, your situation will be amplified and very dangerous unless you can manage sliding your car regularly.

Best to get same make all round. So if your present Bridgestones are not up to your expectation, cut loss and sell them off for a new batch of all 4s of the make you can accept. Otherwise i can imagine you will be suffering for a very long time and by then you will still have uneven wear front and rear to complicate matters when 1 pair wears out faster than the other.

Tell me your license plate no. and your car make so i can recognise and avoid your car on the road until you fix your problems ;-)

Lane;643146 said:
I think (i definitely not expert in driving, my DSC never ever light up before, so this is really just my opinion) if you are so much into cornering, than better have a more or less neutral car. If your rear is grippier you will end up with over-steer if your car is super powerful or you floor your gas pedal. When that happens DSC will probably kicks in too i think. When road is very wet, your situation will be amplified and very dangerous unless you can manage sliding your car regularly.

Best to get same make all round. So if your present Bridgestones are not up to your expectation, cut loss and sell them off for a new batch of all 4s of the make you can accept. Otherwise i can imagine you will be suffering for a very long time and by then you will still have uneven wear front and rear to complicate matters when 1 pair wears out faster than the other.

Tell me your license plate no. and your car make so i can recognise and avoid your car on the road until you fix your problems ;-)

steady comment..........

* where have you been??????
cheers

Working my butt off lar...where else?

Catch up for drink soon ok?

Lane;643258 said:
Working my butt off lar...where else?

Catch up for drink soon ok?

sure.....................................

cheers

156F1;642960 said:
My set of F1 Asym tyres are on their last 5,000km and recent kena sidewall puncture on the one of the rear, so was forced to change at least both rear tyres. F1 Asym and PS3 no stock, PS2 no size, left with RE001, S001 and PSS. S001 and PSS similar price, at almost $500 a piece. So to fit my budget, I changed my rear tyres to RE001 at $300+ a piece. After change, the rear has less grip than the worn out F1 Asym at the front (less than 2mm to wear indicator), so much so that DSC is activated when cornering above 80km/h. Though the grip improved a little as the rear tyres wear more than 500km, the RE001 is still no match in cornering grip to the F1 Asym.

Dilema: my front tyres are probably due for change within the next 2-3 months. Should I move the existing RE001 to the front and put F1 Asym 2 (was told will reach our shore in July and cost $300+ a piece) or RE002 (also arriving in July and cost similar) at the rear? Which combination will provide better balance for cornering without activating DSC? With F1 Asym all round, I could corner beyond 100km/h without activating DSC.

DCS kicks in whenever your car starts to lose traction and correct it whithin the split seconds
so since you are running a 2 pairs of diff tyres, so the tracttion is surely not the same.
it could also be the rear tyre has a better traction than your front old tyre.
actually is also nothing wrong to drive with your car tyre setup now.

Lane;643146 said:

Perhaps you meant to say if the rear tyre traction value is lesser than the front, you may end up with oversteer .

Thanks for the comments and advices.

I am presuming that since with this setup (new RE001 at rear and worn F1 Asym in front) the DSC comes on at lower cornering speed, the tail of the car must be losing grip earlier than the front, i.e an oversteer situation, especially when the DSC is reducing throttle input to slow down the car. Hence, my conclusion is that the new RE001 has less grip than the worn F1 Asym. Is my layman's understanding of this issue correct?

If the above is true, then I will swap out the new RE001 and worn F1 Asym with a new set of F1 Asym 2 when it is available (was told July). Anyone interested in a pair of slightly used (around 2,500km by July) RE001 (245/40R18 )?

156F1;643565 said:
Thanks for the comments and advices.

I am presuming that since with this setup (new RE001 at rear and worn F1 Asym in front) the DSC comes on at lower cornering speed, the tail of the car must be losing grip earlier than the front, i.e an oversteer situation, especially when the DSC is reducing throttle input to slow down the car. Hence, my conclusion is that the new RE001 has less grip than the worn F1 Asym. Is my layman's understanding of this issue correct?

If the above is true, then I will swap out the new RE001 and worn F1 Asym with a new set of F1 Asym 2 when it is available (was told July). Anyone interested in a pair of slightly used (around 2,500km by July) RE001 (245/40R18 )?

I'm no expert. I'm just trying to help and learn new things from members of this forum.

DSC intervenes when the car Understeer or Oversteer. Not just Oversteer.

I'm not saying that at the time, when you drove and DSC intervened, the car did not oversteer. New tyres can be very slippery and requires run-in and this may explain why DSC kicked in when you drove.

However once the RE001 has completed run-in, with the same worn front F1 Asym, your car should have lesser tendency to Oversteer.

This website provides a good explanation on how DSC works.
BMW World - Technology

Thanks for the link - very interesting read in deed.

Will monitor to see if the grip improves, as the new RE001 wears (now already about 1,000km) - need to go cornering fast at one of my favourite sweepers, haha.

Maybe you can try it at the PG track. :woottt: How often do you track anyway? I am sure we can pick up some tips during the Potenza lessons. Though I do track once a while, I have never attended such lessons before.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back