Bridgestone Pontenza RE001

Re: Bridgestone Pontenza RE001

kim_pioneer;446650 said:
Jux went down to Leong Seng to buy the Potenza, together with my 19" rims. Anyone can tell me is the price reasonable:

19" 30/245 Front
19" 35/275 Real

Total $1600 (Tyres only)

Rim is seperate

I got that offset for $1.3k

Hendrick;447579 said:
I got that offset for $1.3k

Whah, Cheap leh. :yikess: I thought I got a good deal liao, because 2 other shops quote 1.9K. Where you buy huh? Next times I change there.

Yesterday jux got my ride n went down to change, with new rims, immediately. Damn good man. Tried the highway, small streets, E-stop in front of traffic light, Mount pleasant curve, lornie rd curve, going at speeds I don't even dare think of driving on my old Altis. I tell you, grip like 3M tape. Also quiet n comfy. Not to forget, the profiling looks quite chio too.:goodup: :cloud9:

Yet to try on wet surface. Will report when got chance.

Bro remember to post the shop you buy your Pontenza hor. Chare share benefit other forumers too mah. :laughlik: :laughlik:

Cheers

bro Kim,

I got it from leong seng as well. Just have to bargain and talk cock.. my uncle bargained for me though, he said that Hokkien is very important :D

rgds
Hendrick

Hendrick;447720 said:
bro Kim,

I got it from leong seng as well. Just have to bargain and talk cock.. my uncle bargained for me though, he said that Hokkien is very important :D

rgds
Hendrick

Walao,

Your uncle steady leh. Too bad my hokkien half bucket of water. But I think they also realise I greenbird lah:ehhh: ; too excited on the arrival of my baby, so they probably play their poker well.

What to do, what done is done. Next time bargain harder lor:argue:

But I think I bargain veri hard for my rims lah, so they dont give in too much for the tyre. Say they are from Japan, not China, Malaysia or whatever. Haiz

haha yea, uncles are always good at bargaining. But oh well, at least you're enjoying your new toy now! I believe it's all worth!

Anyway is tyre swap available for the offset? Been running on mine for 10,000km already..

Hendrick;447728 said:
haha yea, uncles are always good at bargaining. But oh well, at least you're enjoying your new toy now! I believe it's all worth!

Anyway is tyre swap available for the offset? Been running on mine for 10,000km already..

Staggered cannot.

1. look funny with 275 in front n 245 behind
2. Fending most likely kena. Then you will c your precious baby scratch by your own tyre and hear the rubbing sound, which make your heart more painful

Anyway, go down leong seng to check your threads. Usually within 20K should be fine, but depending on your driving habits

May I know where is Leong Seng and South East? In Ubi guys?

How does it compared to Michellin PP2 anyone care to comments?

I am using Pirelli 17" RFT from PML and its getting botak (touched the thread wear indicator liao) so need to change.

Thinking of upgrading to 18" rims/tires or maybe just stick with current 17" hmmmm.....

kmolth;447780 said:
May I know where is Leong Seng and South East? In Ubi guys?

How does it compared to Michellin PP2 anyone care to comments?

I am using Pirelli 17" RFT from PML and its getting botak (touched the thread wear indicator liao) so need to change.

Thinking of upgrading to 18" rims/tires or maybe just stick with current 17" hmmmm.....

Michellin high end brand. Price of course at a premium. Better cushioning.

Depending on your driving habits, style n needs, I personally think that unless you do tracking, Bridgestone Pontenza or Goodyear Asynmetric(hope I got the right spelling) is good enough; both dry n wet.

Price also depends on width, the need for staggard tryes, run flat etc.

Leong Seng in Paya Ubi. South East I don't know

Yea Potenza RE001 grips well. Thanks bro kim, I'll bring it back to leong seng for a check. Anyway, were you at last sunday's meetup?

Finally decided to get the Potenza instead of the PP2 from Michellin.

I have tried the Michellin PP series 2-3 times before and have high regards for them in my previous Golf 1.6. They really grip well in both dry and wet. Pretty quiet during new too. Then was using 17" 225/45, cost around 950 for 4 tires. But they last very long, my Golf 1st set of PP1 lasted about 62k and there is still good pattern. The rubber harden very much and its very noisy and loose some grip.

Went to install the Potenza yesterday at 220 dollars a tires, size also 17" 225/45. Initial experience so for 100+ km is pretty quiet and grippy.

Was using the PML fitted 17" Pirelli RFT euforia tires since getting the car from PML. They're very grippy in wet and dry condition, new is very quiet too. Only managed about 44k mileage and they're quite worn out. From the tires worn pattern, I think I over pressurize the tires. One thing I noticed about Pirelli, the worn out very fast. My previous P6000 also worn out pretty fast too the last time I remembered.

Hopefully the new Potenza can kept its quietness longer.... the Pirelli RFT was really noisy since 20+ k....

Hendrick;447925 said:
Yea Potenza RE001 grips well. Thanks bro kim, I'll bring it back to leong seng for a check. Anyway, were you at last sunday's meetup?

You r most welcome. Bro must share share news mah.

Yes I went to the meet. Were you there too?

Went with wifey. Park my ride near the middle of the row, rear facing Kallang Leisure S.C

kmolth;447989 said:
Finally decided to get the Potenza instead of the PP2 from Michellin.

I have tried the Michellin PP series 2-3 times before and have high regards for them in my previous Golf 1.6. They really grip well in both dry and wet. Pretty quiet during new too. Then was using 17" 225/45, cost around 950 for 4 tires. But they last very long, my Golf 1st set of PP1 lasted about 62k and there is still good pattern. The rubber harden very much and its very noisy and loose some grip.

Went to install the Potenza yesterday at 220 dollars a tires, size also 17" 225/45. Initial experience so for 100+ km is pretty quiet and grippy.

Was using the PML fitted 17" Pirelli RFT euforia tires since getting the car from PML. They're very grippy in wet and dry condition, new is very quiet too. Only managed about 44k mileage and they're quite worn out. From the tires worn pattern, I think I over pressurize the tires. One thing I noticed about Pirelli, the worn out very fast. My previous P6000 also worn out pretty fast too the last time I remembered.

Hopefully the new Potenza can kept its quietness longer.... the Pirelli RFT was really noisy since 20+ k....

Pontenza sticks well. Personal experience: did a sharp turn at 75km/h. Don't feel anything except centrical force.

Another experience; driving down on the AYE last Sunday for the BMW meet up. Wifey scream" Speed camera! Slow down." I said " Walao, 90Km also got problem meh" Wifey say" You look at your speedometer" I look; I shock. 140Km:oooops: ; and I don't feel it at all.:p :p :p :lol: :lol:

kim_pioneer;448135 said:
You r most welcome. Bro must share share news mah.

Yes I went to the meet. Were you there too?

Went with wifey. Park my ride near the middle of the row, rear facing Kallang Leisure S.C

yeap I was there, parked right at the end, front facing Kallang Leisure Park. The only P-plate and youngest guy down there haha.

Hendrick;448217 said:
yeap I was there, parked right at the end, front facing Kallang Leisure Park. The only P-plate and youngest guy down there haha.

Ah I see, so probably missed you.

No worries, see you again next meetup.

Bro MarcusRichard, Bro Simone and myself; we parked in the middle of the row.

Cheers

Had these tires for 20k before switching to RevSpec RS-02s. The grip of of the RE001s are good, but the noise became unbearable for me at around 20K. The hardening of the tires also meant that comfort suffered as well.

All in all, they are good tires but be prepared to change them at around 20K (for me at least, different pple have diff thresholds are noise and comfort!)

Hi Bros,

For those who has experiences with Potenza RE050 (RFT), Potenza RE001, and Eagle F1 Asymmetric, please share your experiences with them, in terms of noise, comfort, and performance.

Thank you.

Been running around on the Bridgestone RE001 for the last 2000km. No complain whatsoever. in fact I can say that it is VFM. My ride is 245/40/18. I'm still unsure about the tyre pressure though! I pumped it to 36psi, and when I check, the tyre is wearing out quite evenly!

Hi Bro Kim,
How is your Bridgestone Pontenza RE001 doing since day one until now? How many KMs you have been speeding hey... Hope can get feedback from you as I am looking for chaging to Bridgestone Pontenza RE001 too.
Thanks.

Hi all,
Can anybody tell me if Potenza RE-11 and Potenza RE-001 is the same? I don't seem to be able to locate any information on Potenza RE-11 in the Bridgestone Singapore web site.
Thanks.

SpeedLover;503609 said:
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me if Potenza RE-11 and Potenza RE-001 is the same? I don't seem to be able to locate any information on Potenza RE-11 in the Bridgestone Singapore web site.
Thanks.

They're different. Try this site: Bridgestone POTENZA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnpbali
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back