Budget airlines' first day at Terminal 2 proceeds smoothly

ac323

Staff member
Budget airlines operating at Singapore's Changi Airport Terminal 2 saw smooth operations on the first day, after the Budget Terminal closed its doors on Tuesday morning.

Staff from Changi Airport were also ready to help anyone who was lost.

The biggest player, Tiger Airways, marked the first day of operations with some fanfare as it also celebrated its 8th birthday.

With the move to a full terminal, passengers now pay a higher service charge, which goes into the price of their tickets.

But the higher price is not an issue for some.

"It's cleaner and more spacious," commented a tourist at Terminal 2.

"It's more fun, (there are) more things to see and more things to do," commented a traveller, who also said that he was open to travelling to Singapore on both low-cost airlines and standard carriers.

Budget airlines operating from Terminal 2 may also face higher costs, such as additional charges for the use of aerobridges.

Tiger Airways says it is still firming up details with authorities.

But it is confident it will still be able to offer passengers value-for-money services, as it stands to achieve higher productivity at the new terminal.

"Hopefully (there will be) bigger (passenger) volumes for Tiger (Airways)," said Mr Koay Peng Yen, the budget carrier's group chief executive.

"It's not just a gross cost, but also how we can improve our efficiency and productivity and help us reduce the costs as well to be always ahead of the game."

Re: Budget airlines' first day at Terminal 2 proceeds smoothly

...Will Budget Terminal still be in operation...other airliners ?

Budget Terminal will go under major renovation. The whole terminal is closed for the time being.

However, in the first instance, budget airlines NEED NOT have to be served by a budget terminal, in the same way Hyundai's car showroom is no less glamorous than that of PML.

MapleLeaf;898560 said:
Budget Terminal will go under major renovation. The whole terminal is closed for the time being.

However, in the first instance, budget airlines NEED NOT have to be served by a budget terminal, in the same way Hyundai's car showroom is no less glamorous than that of PML.

...true. I've been there once 2 pick my Frd in the wee hours...

....my impression of it...depressing...bit too differentiating ...like tt of Caste System...;(..

Tot Budget Terminal will be torn and make way for Terminal 4 ? I read somewhere that changi need more runways to stay competitive in the region..

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Chocs;898562 said:

...true. I've been there once 2 pick my Frd in the wee hours...

....my impression of it...depressing...bit too differentiating ...like tt of Caste System...;(..

I have used the budget terminal twice, both trips were to bangkok. It is alot more simple, no fancy decor nor food. I felt pretty comfortable though. The staff were all polite as well. Not depressing at all to me. But of cos if compare to the other full fledged terminals, the budget terminal has alot lacking but for the price we paid, its good and decent enough to me at least.

MapleLeaf;898560 said:

Agree. It is a senseless waste of money.

pengful;898630 said:
Agree. It is a senseless waste of money.

But, dunch worry, because no BJs were offered, and no cum was wasted, it is all above board. Rest assured. Conspermed.

smoothly my A@@, my SQ flight was delayed more than 30mins to take off in T2 because too much air traffic.
they didnt anticipate the extra load on the runway from teh budget airlines...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back