Bulb symbol

Topgear98

Hi,

My E90 external bulb symbol lighted up but I checked through all the lights are working. Any bros know what happen?

Thanks in advance

Re: Bulb symbol

most likely rear right brake bulb....hehe

just use the left lever and scroll to "system check"
press "BC" and hold it there.
there should be a CCID error code.....just google for the BMW CCID error code to find the exact problem

Bulb symbol

Coincidence. I just had all bulbs for the rear brake cluster replaced yesterday - the same warning light lit up. Glad the warning light has now gone away.

BMW knows how to get driver attention with the visual warning symbol and the gong chime - every hair stood up whenever I hear that chime during a drive. ;) well.... Shows that it works to get driver's attention....

Topgear98;1080189 said:
Hi,

My E90 external bulb symbol lighted up but I checked through all the lights are working. Any bros know what happen?

Thanks in advance

Have you check the third brake light? That's one possibility that most people will missed out checking.

sszone;1080210 said:
most likely rear right brake bulb....hehe

just use the left lever and scroll to "system check"
press "BC" and hold it there.
there should be a CCID error code.....just google for the BMW CCID error code to find the exact problem

Thanks. Will check that later.

Fox1;1080247 said:
Coincidence. I just had all bulbs for the rear brake cluster replaced yesterday - the same warning light lit up. Glad the warning light has now gone away.

BMW knows how to get driver attention with the visual warning symbol and the gong chime - every hair stood up whenever I hear that chime during a drive. ;) well.... Shows that it works to get driver's attention....

Where u buy all the light bulbs from?

Check the license plate lights also. Mine gave a warning because one of the license plate bulb is flickering

Try checking your fog light. Sometimes it could be due to short circuit at the bulb holder due to water corrosion.

splee;1080458 said:
Try checking your fog light. Sometimes it could be due to short circuit at the bulb holder due to water corrosion.

Will go to workshop to check next week. Thanks

You got 2 rear brake lights on each side, left and right. So total 4 lights. When the primary light bulb blow, the secondary will be used. The primary is on the outer side and the secondary is on the inner side. You try to get someone to step the brakes for you, you see carefully if either side of the brake lights light up on the inner side.

Think this should be your problem.

Deathchant;1080498 said:
You got 2 rear brake lights on each side, left and right. So total 4 lights. When the primary light bulb blow, the secondary will be used. The primary is on the outer side and the secondary is on the inner side. You try to get someone to step the brakes for you, you see carefully if either side of the brake lights light up on the inner side.

Think this should be your problem.

Yeap, mine was this problem as well. Having two rear bulbs each side is an excellent back up but makes it harder to detect.

A reputable shop will take a minute to find the blown bulb :)

towerking;1080501 said:
Yeap, mine was this problem as well. Having two rear bulbs each side is an excellent back up but makes it harder to detect.

A reputable shop will take a minute to find the blown bulb :)

Thanks. Don't know that our E90 got 2 rear brake lights. Will check later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back