Buying a 11 year old F10 523i

Eeewan

Hi,

Any advice on getting an 11 to 12 year old 523i?
Is it advisable? Im just worried if this is a problematic car. Normal wear and tear is ok. I just dont wanna buy it and end up at workshop most of the time.
Any advice? Thanks.

Hi,

Is it advisable? Im just worried if this is a problematic car. Normal wear and tear is ok. I just dont wanna buy it and end up at workshop most of the time.
Any advice? Thanks.

check the car history if possible else older car are more likely to have wear and tear issue surfacing....

maybe can get a younger F30 316i? road tax more affordable also..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi,

Any advice? Thanks.

523 has a six cylinder n52 engine. Design for up to 250,000 to 300,000 km. Look online and you can see many high mileage still in the world.
have it checked by a credible bmw workshop first.

usually replace all fluids.
replace Pcv
Replace valve seal
Replace gearbox atf and mechatronic seals.
control arm bushings and wheel bearing
Guibo
Water pump and hoses.

Should be good to go.
these rest are just normal wear only

Bro, any idea how much is the insurance for a 41 year old driver with NCD?

Hi bro. I'm driving a F30 316i currently. My insurance is at close to 900ish, close to 1k with 20% NCD. My full tank is approx 650km. Can't smell 700km. Mainly I'm heavy footer. My mod is just minimal. N13 engine to be frank. Not much potential for mod. Just enjoy the ride. Its nice to drive.

Yes. Actually its all luck when buying a used car, especially Continental and TC cars. Wear and tear is unavoidable and sometimes can be quite shiong.check the car record and go with your guts. A F10 523i is superb to drive!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theforestavn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back