Buying a 530i

lovebmw

Hello all bros here...i am planning to buy a 530i from pml. Is the SMG version available? Is the HUD available? What is the price of the 530i now? Is there room to bargain? What should i ask for (freebies??)...Can I upgrade the rims to 19"?? Is there a bodykit from pml?? How is the sound system?? How many speakers?? And normally how long do i need to wait to get my 530i??

Thanks all and hope to join you guys for the next meet...

Re: Buying a 530i

smg not available or rather pml doesnt wanna bring it in. i went down that route....
HUD not available, pml keeps saying LTA issue but they may be close to it.
freebies- ask for sports steering wheel, spare wheel, trunk net, umbrella, bag n caps, polos n what nots...depends on ur bargaining....as for rims go for the 166M abd make sure u lower your car with the sports suspension to match. u can order the M-sports body kit...or go for the ACS, stocks sound on 530i is good enuf for me. 10 speakers, with 2 woofers under front seats. if u want opt for logic 7. the rest of the questions better ask ur salesperson

totoseow said:
smg not available or rather pml doesnt wanna bring it in. i went down that route....
HUD not available, pml keeps saying LTA issue but they may be close to it.
freebies- ask for sports steering wheel, spare wheel, trunk net, umbrella, bag n caps, polos n what nots...depends on ur bargaining....as for rims go for the 166M abd make sure u lower your car with the sports suspension to match. u can order the M-sports body kit...or go for the ACS, stocks sound on 530i is good enuf for me. 10 speakers, with 2 woofers under front seats. if u want opt for logic 7. the rest of the questions better ask ur salesperson

Thanks for the fast response...does this car comes with sun-roof? How much is the 530i now?

What is 166M abd?? (sorry for asking this question as i am new to this..is it 18"??) Got any pics?

PML offer sport suspension lowering?? How much does it cost?

How much is the M-sport body kit from PML?? Got any pics?

Does PML offer ACS bodykit??

Sunroof is not standard, it will cost about $4K

HUD is approved now, but only available with the Pro Navigation option, I believe the 530i does come with Pro Nav now, since the 525i comes with it standard.

M-sports kit is about $5K

List price of 530i is currently $248K. Price is always negotiable with PML.

eggz said:
HUD is approved now, but only available with the Pro Navigation option, I believe the 530i does come with Pro Nav now, since the 525i comes with it standard.

Hi eggz, what to do what PML salesperson keeps on saying HUD not LTA approved? I'm completely losing my patience with them coz they are:
1) Not proactive in gathering info to meet my requirements, at most times I know more than they do
2) Take too bloody long to get back to customer regarding options and etc
I've already seen two posts (in this forum) stating that HUD has been LTA approved...sure sounds promising.

JESMAL said:
Hi eggz, what to do what PML salesperson keeps on saying HUD not LTA approved? I'm completely losing my patience with them coz they are:
1) Not proactive in gathering info to meet my requirements, at most times I know more than they do
2) Take too bloody long to get back to customer regarding options and etc
I've already seen two posts (in this forum) stating that HUD has been LTA approved...sure sounds promising.

Yeah I got that too when I was buying my car. If you're not happy with your sales rep, change to another one. Some SRs are more proactive than others, and more accomodating to options etc. Some just want to make the sale and want to push the "default" PML spec-ed cars. Custom spec-ed cars will take about 4-5 months to be delivered, and the SAs are usually more interested in closing the current or next months numbers than thinking too much ahead.
A few things you can do:

say you want to talk to the trainer, PML already has a BMW Asia spec-ed E60, with pro Nav and HUD, it's been through LTA approval and I was told by the trainer (at the tech talk) that HUD has been approved.

If you're not getting satisfactory answers, say you want to talk to someone at BMW Asia

BTW pml does have an internal document that lists all the options available and the prices, if you push hard, some SAs will give you a copy of it.

A little piece of trivial info on BMW Asia

1 HarbourFront Avenue
#15-02/07 Keppel Bay Tower
Singapore 098632

Phone: (+65) 6838 9600
Fax: (+65) 6838 9610

Call direct for answers! :laughlik: :laughlik:

its amazing the trouble one has to go through to get proper service. even when ur about to plonk down 240k they rather not let you custom it? simply amazing.

Yep pretty crazy, I was willing to shell out close to $18K in optional extras when I got my E60, and got questions like, "why you want that?", "are you sure you'll need it?". I couldn't believe it!

Buy M5. Everything got!!!

Just a joke. These people just want to make quick sale to justify their existence at PML. Sale is not considered unless car is delivered. There are only a handful who constantly hit their targets which I understand has been raised since the recruitment of their new Sales and Marketing Directors. Find out from friends who have bought who these sales people are and you are assured of reasonable and patient service. Don't go for those young men who look suave and young girls who look damned chio!!! They will have you for lunch. Go for the OLDER salespeople; especially those who dress more chin chai.

VERY BEST SOLUTION. LOG ON TO THE E60.NET FORUM, SINGAPORE THREAD AND FIND OUT WHEN THEIR NEXT GET TOGETHER IS. JOIN THEM AS A GUEST AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY FIND OUT WHO'S GOT THE BEST AND MOST PATIENT SALES PERSON.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRogerss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back