• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Buying a new 335i

babysitter

Gong Xi Fa Cai guys,

It's my first post here and hope you guys can help. :) I'm considering the new 335i and just wondering what sort of price should I be looking at. Know that the sticker price at PML is $238k. Is there any discounts that can be knocked off from there and what kind of accessories (besides the angbao zuo ;)) can be thrown in? What are your thoughts on buying from PI? How much savings can one expect and is it worth the associated 'risks'?

Just a suggestion to the forum admin, maybe the check on the search keywords can be taken off. It's not very useful when one is searching for short and specific.

Cheers!

Re: Buying a new 335i

I'd be looking at least 15pct savings if I go PI route.
Now, having said that...this 335 is unlike any other its N.A cousins n siblings coz this is the BMWs first ever Forced Induction production car since 1972 so I am not sure the level of knowledge from outside workshops on such new technology. I guess if anything, u will be their guinea pig.

From PML, I reckon u can get it at 235k

it be a wiser choice to get from PML as BMW has only introduced turbo after donkey years just like bro triplem claim cheers

on the other hand, if you're the kind that may be tempted to up your boost, tweak here, mod there, go for ECU reflash.... all of which will void your warranty, may as well go PI from the get go. save some dough.

remember, if its the first time independent workshops like J4C have worked on a turbo beemer, it'll also be the first time the PML mechanics themselves have worked on a turbo beemer... you're gonna be the guinea pig whichever route you choose

Thank you guys. Fully agree on the part of being the potential guinea pig. Besides being having a turbo, they have also incorporated direct injection and if the old school is anything to go with, lean burn is not a good thing with FI. But heck maybe that's what technology is all about isn't it? ;)

The savings from the PI is quite tempting but I would probably go down the PML route. At least for the the peace of mind if there's anything. Supposed to go down today with my wife in the morning but overslept. Will force myself to wake up in time tomorrow.. Lastly, is there any good SE to recommend?

while PML sucks in the repair dept, but peace of mind is what swayed me to them. heard that PI ones are not suited for local weather, hence most of those that caught fire on our roads are such cases...not sure how true tho

PML mechanics are dumb too.... the reason it is safer that u buy the 335i from PML is they have the money to pay u back in case they screw things up...

Hi,

If you are going down to the Alexandra showroom, look for Nicholas Hu. He's quite helpful.

babysitter;177481 said:
Thank you guys. Fully agree on the part of being the potential guinea pig. Besides being having a turbo, they have also incorporated direct injection and if the old school is anything to go with, lean burn is not a good thing with FI. But heck maybe that's what technology is all about isn't it? ;)

The savings from the PI is quite tempting but I would probably go down the PML route. At least for the the peace of mind if there's anything. Supposed to go down today with my wife in the morning but overslept. Will force myself to wake up in time tomorrow.. Lastly, is there any good SE to recommend?

Bro, PI is OK lah.... Just look how many PI cars are there on the road these days, altho mostly japanese cars. Correct me if wrong, all BMWs enjoy 2 year int'l warranty. PI BMWs are covered by BMW ASIA who appointed PML as the warranty agent. When u buy from PML, they just slap on an additional year of warranty to make it 3 yrs. So whats the big deal about risk if not buying from PML. If PML guai-lan n dont repair any damage during the 2 yr int'l warranty period, just shoot a complain to BMW GMBH. I hope they will lose their dealership

gadgets;177490 said:
while PML sucks in the repair dept, but peace of mind is what swayed me to them. heard that PI ones are not suited for local weather, hence most of those that caught fire on our roads are such cases...not sure how true tho

Why would a PI BMW catch fire?:confused:

Speaking of which, what do "tropical specs" mean for PML BMWs?

probably means the cooling system aka radiator,etc optimised for unpredictable SE Asia weather.

Thanks bros for the contact especially you gadgets. I'll be going with my wife's fren SE and hopefully can get a good deal.

Thanks for the info also AhbengDriver. If I tell them you're my ah heuh maybe they will throw in a S204. ;)

Was at Vincar last week, it has a black 335i on display. Different headlights, no i-Drive, different trims, etc. It costs 209k cash, lower with rebate of your own interests. PI can register the car with PML for BMW warranty, but I guess PI cars will get low priorities when it comes to after-sales service, which is generally already of low standard for a PML customer.

tategoi;177957 said:
Was at Vincar last week, it has a black 335i on display. Different headlights, no i-Drive, different trims, etc. It costs 209k cash, lower with rebate of your own interests. PI can register the car with PML for BMW warranty, but I guess PI cars will get low priorities when it comes to after-sales service, which is generally already of low standard for a PML customer.

Wow, that's not much savings actually, if no i-Drive and less kit, since the PML one is likely to be loaded with some of these options.

Also, some time ago PML gave discounts for servicing, parts, etc if you bought the car from them. PI car owners pay full price. Not sure if these discounts still apply now though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back