Buying New BMW 325

Re: Buying New BMW 325

SilkySmooth6;395379 said:
Hi to those who just got their new 325's.

Was wondering if you experience any clicking sounds coming from the aircon vents when you increase or decrease the temperature. I seem to get that noise either when there is a temperature change or when I press the Auto button.

Thanks,

hi,

my ride do have some soft mechanical sound when the air curculation buttons are adjusted. Guess the sounds are the flaps movements inside to divert the flow to different vents as per programming.

doesnt irritate me so far.... :yummie:

do you know that the lower vents always emit warm air unless your temp setting is 22deg and below.....

brgds

armValkyrie;395412 said:
hi,

my ride do have some soft mechanical sound when the air curculation buttons are adjusted. Guess the sounds are the flaps movements inside to divert the flow to different vents as per programming.

doesnt irritate me so far.... :yummie:

do you know that the lower vents always emit warm air unless your temp setting is 22deg and below.....

brgds
i think you are experiencing the same sound as me. Its rather strange that it should emit such a noise. Can't stand it as I expect it to be whisper quiet. Just wanted to confirm if it is an isolated case or its across the board.

lawreo;395366 said:
anyone knows if the new FL 325i will have idrive?
thanks

Hi,

Only the FL 335i has iDrive with GPS, and the latest generation iDrive at that. But the rest of the FL 3 Series range come with a rebadged Garmin GPS that you can slot into a clip above the central air-con vents, drawing power from the car and supplying instructions through the speaker system.

SilkySmooth6;395399 said:
cheers boss!

Appreciate other comments from fellow 325 owners.

Thanks,

Hi there SilkySmooth6, after monitoring this last evening and this morning, the soft clicking sound only appeared when I switch on the air-con and not when I'm increasing or decreasing the air-con itself.

Always though that this is normal tho'

Hope this info helps.

Hi

thanks for the reply Bro.
went to test the 320i and 325i, immediately locked to 325i
quite shiok even with full load of 5 ppl in the car.
however, the high interest rate and the low overtrade turned me off, only offered 4k.
may want to wait for better deal and lower interest rate.

btw, is it possible to indent 325i with the idrive plus ipod option?
i hated the new Garmin GPS unit they are giving. it makes the interior quite ugly IMO, especially when the clip is left hanging there without the unit. dunno what PML is thinking??
should just charge lower price without the GPS.
not everyone likes it

sjlim;395444 said:
Hi,

Only the FL 335i has iDrive with GPS, and the latest generation iDrive at that. But the rest of the FL 3 Series range come with a rebadged Garmin GPS that you can slot into a clip above the central air-con vents, drawing power from the car and supplying instructions through the speaker system.

lawreo;407775 said:
Hi

thanks for the reply Bro.
went to test the 320i and 325i, immediately locked to 325i
quite shiok even with full load of 5 ppl in the car.
however, the high interest rate and the low overtrade turned me off, only offered 4k.
may want to wait for better deal and lower interest rate.

btw, is it possible to indent 325i with the idrive plus ipod option?
i hated the new Garmin GPS unit they are giving. it makes the interior quite ugly IMO, especially when the clip is left hanging there without the unit. dunno what PML is thinking??
should just charge lower price without the GPS.
not everyone likes it

Hi,

You can indent the 325i with iDrive, but will have to wait a couple of months for the car to arrive.

I guess the Garmin GPS is PML's way of trying to offer GPS and Bluetooth at a lower price than the factory-fitted iDrive with GPS, as they need to upgrade the specs for the 3 to keep up with the C-class and new A4.

SilkySmooth6;395379 said:
Hi to those who just got their new 325's.

Was wondering if you experience any clicking sounds coming from the aircon vents when you increase or decrease the temperature. I seem to get that noise either when there is a temperature change or when I press the Auto button.

Thanks,

I have been experiencing this problem on my 320i. Sent in the car the first time, they say top up gas and monitor. Doesn't help, so send in again.

This time they supposely to have replaced the blower. collected the car. the problem still not completely solved. Still comes back, only softer and sometimes become intermittent.

Went back to PML and managed to speak to a SA after waiting for an hour. Told me to send in the car again. I'm still finding time to send it back again.

In the meantime, what i do to get rid of the irritating noise is to switch it to one of the directional flow for a while then turn back to "Auto" then noise will go off for that period. It will come back again after the car restarts.

sjlim;407882 said:
Hi,

You can indent the 325i with iDrive, but will have to wait a couple of months for the car to arrive.

I guess the Garmin GPS is PML's way of trying to offer GPS and Bluetooth at a lower price than the factory-fitted iDrive with GPS, as they need to upgrade the specs for the 3 to keep up with the C-class and new A4.

If you are talking the accessories, i dun think A4 and the C200 is offering GPS and bluetooth too right ? only gripe with the c-class is the front grill design....sux IMO.

A4 is ridiculously priced. therefore only left the Bimmer.
sigh

I was at PML last week, also looking at the 325. Must say the navi system makes the interior look somewhat off.

Well, if you are matching up against the 325, it would be the C280. The C280 does come with in-built navi. Not just that, I think the C280 beats the 325 in many areas. Although my heart is still with BM.

One more thing comparing the experience, the PML SE (maybe just him) is really not as good (knowledge, listening skills and overall service) compared to the C&C SE.

IMO , SE plays a small part in getting a new car. if u dun him/her, can also change.
dun let this affect your opinion of the car.
also , C280 is more exp than 325i. if i am not wrong, its abt 10k more exp., abt the same price diff in the idrive.
i guess, if going for 4-cyc, C class makes more sense with the 1.8 supercharged engine, lower cc , lower roadtax and better low end torque than the 320i. 323i is somewhere in between but the lower bhp may not make much sense to justify paying the roadtax for the 2.5L.

looking at yr nick, u used to own a RX8? i remember checking out yr rims at yr place, but did not get them though.

sgkingkong;409208 said:
I was at PML last week, also looking at the 325. Must say the navi system makes the interior look somewhat off.

Well, if you are matching up against the 325, it would be the C280. The C280 does come with in-built navi. Not just that, I think the C280 beats the 325 in many areas. Although my heart is still with BM.

One more thing comparing the experience, the PML SE (maybe just him) is really not as good (knowledge, listening skills and overall service) compared to the C&C SE.

eng98;407906 said:
I have been experiencing this problem on my 320i. Sent in the car the first time, they say top up gas and monitor. Doesn't help, so send in again.

This time they supposely to have replaced the blower. collected the car. the problem still not completely solved. Still comes back, only softer and sometimes become intermittent.

Went back to PML and managed to speak to a SA after waiting for an hour. Told me to send in the car again. I'm still finding time to send it back again.

In the meantime, what i do to get rid of the irritating noise is to switch it to one of the directional flow for a while then turn back to "Auto" then noise will go off for that period. It will come back again after the car restarts.
Thanks for the info.

I have sent it in and the SA claimed that its normal because of the flaps shifting to circulate airflow! Besides, it may require dismantling the dashboard to replace parts that may be causing these noises.......something I am not too keen on for fear that it may cause more rattling noises!!!

Just gotta leave wit it I reckon.

Yup, still driving my 8.

Well, the difference in price between the C280 and 325 is made up by the high overtrade C&C offers.

lawreo;409216 said:
IMO , SE plays a small part in getting a new car. if u dun him/her, can also change.
dun let this affect your opinion of the car.
also , C280 is more exp than 325i. if i am not wrong, its abt 10k more exp., abt the same price diff in the idrive.
i guess, if going for 4-cyc, C class makes more sense with the 1.8 supercharged engine, lower cc , lower roadtax and better low end torque than the 320i. 323i is somewhere in between but the lower bhp may not make much sense to justify paying the roadtax for the 2.5L.

looking at yr nick, u used to own a RX8? i remember checking out yr rims at yr place, but did not get them though.

lawreo;407999 said:
If you are talking the accessories, i dun think A4 and the C200 is offering GPS and bluetooth too right ? only gripe with the c-class is the front grill design....sux IMO.

A4 is ridiculously priced. therefore only left the Bimmer.
sigh

Yeah, I believe the A4 and C200 both don't have GPS. Not sure about Bluetooth.

What I meant was PML has to be seen to do something to up the spec level of the 3 Series, in light of the strong competition from the A4 and C class. Much as I like Bimmers, the 3's cabin looks really spartan compared to the other 2 - hence people who are not avid Bimmer fans will perceive it as basic for an entry-level luxury car.

The new A4 is still not a driver's car, IMHO. Steering is way too light and vague and body roll too high.

sgkingkong;409208 said:

Bro,

If you need a good PML SE, I can recommend you one. Quite knowledgeable and a genuine car lover too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogohiephienvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back