Cabin Noise problem solved - DIY - E90

Re: Cabin Noise problem solved - DIY - E90

DayDreaming;927318 said:
Where you paste? on the metal body or the rubber? can have close up picture?? Thanks..

Only on the metal frame and not the door.
Follow my arrow as the guides.
The tape is black. Cannot be seen in the pic.
If still cannot, treat me coffee, I do for u for free:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aaron_BMW;927496 said:
Only on the metal frame and not the door.
Follow my arrow as the guides.
The tape is black. Cannot be seen in the pic.
If still cannot, treat me coffee, I do for u for free:D:D:D:D:D:D

U should have say this earlier then i will not have bought the tapes.. thanks anyway.. =)

gummi pfledge is actually just some rubber protector, similar to those you get for dashboard protection, etc. it wears out pretty quick in our type of weather.

black tape i am not a fan. it uses cheap/lousy adhesive designed neither for heat nor strength. under heat the sticky residue will remain on your car body and in due time your tape will peel off leaving a crazy mess. i've worked with enough stickers to know this.

i decided to use talc. almost all army boys have this. dab some on your finger, then run it through the hard rubber. in the old days people use talc to keep cars from squeaking at the rubber seals and it is still by far the best technique that costs almost nothing. if it does not work, you can scold me. if it works, just thank me.

Thought talc will dry up the rubber and will harden? Hmmm

Will try it out.

This is a well known squeaky prob of the E90, I thought PML does it for free...
It is usually applied to the rear doors rather than the front due to chassis flex...
Check e90post forum... there is also whole list of DIY stuff for the E90 for all the squeaks and qwerks...
Enjoy... gee... haha

Hi Bros,

I have seen my friend using a light sandpaper to take off a thin top layer of the rubber seal and that seemed to have worked to prevent the squeeking. Not sure if any bros want to try and share the result. If don't work, don't blame me ah...

Cheer.
DH

Hi,

Wanted to bring up this topic as I am starting to get the door seal rubber squeaking noise. I heard the 3M tape works and have make an appointment with PM. Will PM install it under warranty?

Hi,

Wanted to bring up this topic as I am starting to get the door seal rubber squeaking noise. I heard the 3M tape works and have make an appointment with PM. Will PM install it under warranty?

ask nicely.Its a few hundred $ otherwise.

Hi ok I try...:) But I would expect this to be covered under warranty....
Hi just want to provide an update and give back to the chat to help others who have similar issue. PML installed the Teflon tape under warranty and solved majority of the squeaking sound. To resolved it fully, I applied the BMW silicone removal concentrates on the door rubber seal, over the tape area and also all visible rubber seal on door and body. It’s total silent now for two weeks. I’m not sure which parts causes the remaining squeaks but this second steps did solved the issue totally. Only to see how long it last.

Hi just want to provide an update and give back to the chat to help others who have similar issue. PML installed the Teflon tape under warranty and solved majority of the squeaking sound. To resolved it fully, I applied the BMW silicone removal concentrates on the door rubber seal, over the tape area and also all visible rubber seal on door and body. It’s total silent now for two weeks. I’m not sure which parts causes the remaining squeaks but this second steps did solved the issue totally. Only to see how long it last.

Do you know how much the Teflon tape sticking costs at PML without the warranty AND what was the downtime ? TIA

Do you know how much the Teflon tape sticking costs at PML without the warranty AND what was the downtime ? TIA
I did not ask about the cost as mine was done under warranty. 2 days downtime with some other work. But I have seen video and you can do it within an hours if u diy. Im not sure what part number PML uses but base on my search, the part is 3m 5425 (15mm x 33mm) 0.6in x 36yard and you can get it on Shopee for 60 plus dollars per roll.

I did not ask about the cost as mine was done under warranty. 2 days downtime with some other work. But I have seen video and you can do it within an hours if u diy. Im not sure what part number PML uses but base on my search, the part is 3m 5425 (15mm x 33mm) 0.6in x 36yard and you can get it on Shopee for 60 plus dollars per roll.

wow . heard PML can charge few hundreds :oops:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbetfund

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back