Caliper Covers

Winston

Bro, where you buy them from?

Wow how come so cheap??? I bought 2 pairs a few months ago n paid for ard $180 including some special heat resistance glues for sticking. The guy told me tat my calipers r bigger so ned bigger covers n r more costly :( Me kenna cheated i tink :evil:

Alvin666,

I was told this one uses screws so that they can be removed to change the brake pads.

They said they are not sure if it will fit an Bimmer.... Will go down to have a look later.

If it doesn't fit, I'll try your contact you had.

Guys,

no problems at all to fit those. but for E46, you will have to buy the larger sized ones! But over here we have got many choices, Brembo, AMG, Spoon. In fact, anywords you like, ACSchnitzer also can be done if you want! Actually I'm very close to the manufacturer! If you guys are interested, I can help you get them for S$50 a pair, installation is super easy, just use some silicon glue that comes with the set and you are all done! :D Let me know if you guys are interested ok?

Oopppss... advertisement time! :oops: :oops: :oops:
:wavey: (Nolah, since you all interested and I can get it cheap for you guys, only helping you guys up and i'm coming down this weekend anyway!)

This is not business, I repeat, this is NOT business :shoot: :shoot: :wavey:

Regards,
Shedden

Alvin666 said:
Wow how come so cheap??? I bought 2 pairs a few months ago n paid for ard $180 including some special heat resistance glues for sticking. The guy told me tat my calipers r bigger so ned bigger covers n r more costly :( Me kenna cheated i tink :evil:

That sucks dude...was he a TPL ?

Brothers,

IMHO, the caliper covers might give an impression of 4-pot caliper, but your rotor size is a big big give-away, unless your rotor is a 328 or 330 diameter.

Steven - Bro, this is the rationale of my advice to you.

Cheers

TripleM said:
Alvin666 said:

That sucks dude...was he a TPL ?

Wat TPL? I tink jus a dude from another car club!

Alvin666 said:
The guy told me tat my calipers r bigger so ned bigger covers n r more costly :( Me kenna cheated i tink :evil:

yes, indeed u got bigger ones.. hahahaa.. my sig look familiar ? :thumbsup:

Re: Caliper Covers

this has been advertised on the motor trader (malaysia car mag) for sometime liao. I wud suggest that you check on the quality and also the material that they are using. The locking pt is also something to consider. What we don;t need is a melt down and also it falling off and get in the way when you brake. :laughlik:

Gaudi said:
Has anyone installed these cosmetic caliper covers on an E46 before? Any problems?

I was quoted $70 a pair including installation.

I was down a moment ago to have a look
Its made of fibreglass.
For safety reasons, they will drill 2 holes into the side (not the front but the side) of the caliper to mount it. It appears that there is a risk for the covers to fall off if using glue.

Quality looks OK.
Need to check if it fits the front because the E46 calipers are quite big & the offset of the wheels may barely be sufficient to clear the rims.
No fitting problems for the rear.

BTW, should it be installed on both the front & rear? Or just the front?

just the front, it will look very funny on the rear because they don't have sizes small enough to fit the calipers at the rear

kenntona said:
Brothers,

IMHO, the caliper covers might give an impression of 4-pot caliper, but your rotor size is a big big give-away, unless your rotor is a 328 or 330 diameter.

Steven - Bro, this is the rationale of my advice to you.

Cheers

Yep, that's why they're still not mounted yet.

You are right, the advertised caliper covers are too small for the E46.
Alvin666, you should feel better now, knowing that your deal isn't so bad after all.

In any case, I did install it though its a little too small.
Since its a cosmetic cover, they can be removed easily.

You are right, the advertised caliper covers are too small for the E46.
Alvin666, you should feel better now, knowing that your deal isn't so bad after all.

In any case, I did install it though its a little too small.
Since its a cosmetic cover, they can be removed easily.

The covers are a little undersized, so it needs to be cut a little. It looks nice from the sides but the 'front' is exposed.

So perhaps its a blessing - yes, you can see your brake pads.

Gaudi, is your rims 17" or 18"? I've got 2 pairs of calipers as well but still undecided on the installation. Mine will have to super glue it and my only concern is that in the event I want it removed, there'll be some stains or residue left behind. Is yours drilled?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubproperty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back