Caliper Covers

Mine are 17" rims.

The calipers were drilled about 1.5cm deep. I think he used 3mm diameter bits to secure the self tapping screws.
You can see the 2 metals studs in this close up.
You see that there is very little clearance from the rims to the caliper covers.

The installers mentioned that there has been cases of the covers coming off when using glue. I think we have to be careful about this.

Where did you get this installed? Won't it be dangerous given the fact that there's almost no clearance between the rims and caliper covers? If it's ok, then I wouldn't mind installing mine too as your rims are exactly the same as mine..

Drilling the caliper?
Won't that compromise the structural integrity of the caliper?

Hi guys. do remember to remove them when you go tracking. these are made fm heat resistant material, and will deteriorate the cooling of the original calipers... sort of acts like a 'sweater' for the calipers, so no heat escapes... since the smaller discs already aren't fantastic stoppers, having hot brake pads aren't goin to help... imho.

I dunno about you guys......personally I would not take any chances and have these installed onto my brake calipers. I would not do anything that may compromise the proper function of my brakes.

My two cents...

Change to real big stoppers dude!!!!

:thumbsup:

rodders said:
I dunno about you guys......personally I would not take any chances and have these installed onto my brake calipers. I would not do anything that may compromise the proper function of my brakes.

My two cents...

yeah chaps..i cringed when i read this thread..:p.. seems too big a risk for cosmetics?.. again, thats only me..:p

i must say, the "brembo"-ed brakes really look good though..:p

Yeah, I thought hard about this cosmetic mod.

- Screwing :screwedu: into the caliper. It was done on the thick fat part of it. Actually, I'm still a little worried about it :uhhh:

- Temperature concerns. For me, driving in SGP hardly pushes the car to the limits. Its a good point that the covers should be removed for tracking. Anyone knows the recommended temperature range for the caliper / brakes? I'm able to measure the surface temprerature to check it.

- Clearance to the wheels. There is about 2mm clearance. So far its OK

- Where to install. Call Alex @ 97613316. They are at Blk 1040 Eunos Ave 4 #01-103. Very nice chap.

SL, perhaps you want to wait a while. Let me try for a while & I'll let you know if the concerns are real.

rodders said:

My two cents...

This is the very first time I read your proper reply :laughlik:

calvin said:
rodders said:

My two cents...

This is the very first time I read your proper replied :laughlik:
This is bad english!!

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

rodders said:
calvin said:
rodders said:

My two cents...

This is bad english!!

OK, aku ni tak berapa faham england lar. janji boleh makan dah cukup. :dance:

calvin said:
rodders said:
calvin said:
rodders said:

My two cents...

This is bad english!!

OK, aku ni tak berapa faham england lar. janji boleh makan dah cukup. :dance:
Think I don't understand malayu izzit? :twisted:

Rodney: you obviously have a credibility issue......kekeke.......

Gaudi/SL2: pardon my herd reasoning, but there's gotta to be a reason why even the severely-mod-virally-infected brothers in our forums or in e46fanatics are not doing it. Perhaps the mod gurus can give a view?

Possibly most folks would rather for the real thing or its touching something that warrants more consideration.

Er. I'm not encouraging anyone to do this. There are some realistic concerns & the opinions shared are great. Good learnings here.

rodders said:
calvin said:
rodders said:

My two cents...

This is the very first time I read your proper replied :laughlik:
This is bad english!!

Just when you thought he changed.. 8)

rodders said:
SMYUEN said:
Change to real big stoppers dude!!!!

:thumbsup:
Exactly!! :thumbsup:

Big stoppers means big bucks, you know. :verysad: But then again, nothing's like having the real thing for looks, confidence and safety.

kenntona said:
Gaudi/SL2: pardon my herd reasoning, but there's gotta to be a reason why even the severely-mod-virally-infected brothers in our forums or in e46fanatics are not doing it. Perhaps the mod gurus can give a view?

Cannot lah.....car so chio, others :drool: :drool: :drool: on your car then suddenly saw the plastic cover over the stock caliper....den :wtf:

hehehehe :twisted:

I just ordered the real stuff......

caliper_with_regular_rotor.jpg

Woohoo!! :dance:

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
kenntona said:

Cannot lah.....car so chio, others :drool: :drool: :drool: on your car then suddenly saw the plastic cover over the stock caliper....den :wtf:

hehehehe :twisted:

I just ordered the real stuff......

caliper_with_regular_rotor.jpg

Woohoo!! :dance:

'The Great White'

Bro, what's the damage to the wallet ah?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denticoreusa

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back