Call for ActiveHybrid owners.

Re: Call for ActiveHybrid owners.

Why does the ECO Pro mode's extra mileage only work well at high speeds?

Normal driving including city and highway at speeds less than 100km/h I can only attain +6km at the max. This including stopping at traffic lights, slow driving and highway driving as well. And this is if I leave ECO Pro mode on all the time throughout the same tank fill. (Could be even a week)

At speeds above 120km/h, the extra mileage on ECO Pro mode seems to work really well. I got +32km within a span of about 2 hours while driving on NS highway. It just kept increasing as I drove. Above 130km/h and ECO Pro mode tips off.

Can anyone explain as to why the vast difference in extra mileage all of a sudden?

For normal car if you monitor instantaneous fuel consumption via Scanguage it indicates that the most fuel efficient speed is around 80 or 90 kph. Lower speeds generally have poor consumption. My guess is that its basic physics, no matter what fancy hybrid tech the fact is fuel efficiency will always better at higher speeds (up to a point), the technology might influence which speed range is optimal.

My guess is that the tyre pressure after some time of driving on NS actually goes up, translating to less drag and hence better efficiency at higher speeds.

On the expressways here at 110 this "magic" doesn't seem to happen. Possibly cos of the short distance travelled and pressure not up as much.

What's the stock Activehybrid rim size btw?

Btw what's the ave consumption owners of this model are getting?

Any experts here know what the average lifespan of the hybrid battery is?

Warranty is only covered for 3 years.

hurrican3;1115147 said:
Any experts here know what the average lifespan of the hybrid battery is?

Warranty is only covered for 3 years.

Hi,

I used to own a AH 5 and was told the warranty for the battery was 5 years from the SE in PML.

Cheers

Hi all, newbie here. Just bought a AH and the battery doesn’t seems to hold charge well.

any idea the cost of reconditioning the hybrid battery by those Indy workshops? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winterbrian89
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back