• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Calling all current E46 M3 manual gearbox owners

khquek

Still looking for the few remaining owners who might be interested in selling their 2001-2006 E46 M3 manual coupes.
Mileage, level of customisation, colour, wear etc are not important as I intend to restore the car. :cool:

As this car is relatively rare in Singapore, the price will be very much negotiable and dependent on the seller. Current owners, kindly PM me with a price you deem is acceptable. I am very much willing to pay a premium for the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Calling all current E46 M3 manual gearbox owners

Bump..
Still hoping to get hold of my dream car :)

bump..
For current owners, it won't hurt to know if your valuation of your car is the same as mine.. after all you would still reserve the right to not sell..

Thanks, but I want one with a manual gearbox. Unless LTA relaxes their (extremely stringent) rules on gearbox swaps, I'll be stuck with the SMG.

As I mentioned on another thread though, if that car came with a manual gearbox, I would grab it immediately. :(

Just buy an SMG and do a manual swap. LTA Gearbox swap is not that stringent.

Yeah I considered that. But last I checked both BMW and Munich Auto cannot provide the certification that LTA requires :(

Mockngbrd;999964 said:
Just buy an SMG and do a manual swap. LTA Gearbox swap is not that stringent.

khquek;999979 said:
Yeah I considered that. But last I checked both BMW and Munich Auto cannot provide the certification that LTA requires :(

If e job was done by Munich/PML, why not?

Unless it's an excuse not to do it.

Apparently it's not the matter of who does it, rather whether the manufacturer (BMW) is willing to provide certification that the car is suitable for the modification. So far, no luck.

sandman369;999981 said:
If e job was done by Munich/PML, why not?

Unless it's an excuse not to do it.

Or just change it. It's a risk but never seen lta check gearbox during inspection.

I'm sure this has been done so many times. Did you ask other workshops like Bvo?

It's a significant risk. The work is simple.. many places can do it, but the different gearbox is pretty obvious when you drive it... probably a little too obvious. Unless there is sufficient evidence that I can get away with it, it's not really worth it.

Hahaha ya a lot of work in such conversions

Good luck!

Thanks. And if you know anyone still with a manual E46 M3, please send him my way :)

sandman369;999994 said:
Hahaha ya a lot of work in such conversions

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back