Calling for all E92 and E93 owners!!!

Re: Calling for all E92 and E93 owners!!!

jinooi;908594 said:
dude, rodney of R2d is going to do some electrical grounding for my car next month.

the electronics on my car is going haywire too. apparently, there's more resistance in the wiring looms as the car ages. the grounding helps to keep the voltage and current constant.

had that done in my previous car and it did not encounter the same problems.

have a chat with rod to find out more...

Thanks for the advice. I am visiting a friendly WS (but not expert like rod on such matter) later part of this week. Will try to ask WS to do some diagnosis. Probably may talk to rod after that. Thanks again for your reponse. I read from other discussion that e90 battery from PML is about 300+-. e90 battery same as e92 battery? My first battery was under warranty (2 plus year back). My ride no additional ICE, juz the HK option. Does regular use of cruise control shorten battery life? Error codes seem to increase as I chiong more... 335 neg camber has caused me to change 3 set of rear tyre after 40k+ km mileage.

yeah,batteries are the same for all E9X.

use of cruise control does not shorten battery life, only appliances which use lots of electricity will shorten the battery life.

and violent shaking of the battery may also cause the lead plates inside to move, and when any of the lead plates touch, your battery goes kaput. not that you aim for potholes, but avoid them at all costs.

hehe, your dashboard lighting up like a christmas tree? same as mine. especially when you drive hard.

and dude, get you camber down to around -1deg. mine has lasted quite long...

Last edited by a moderator:

jinooi;908594 said:
dude, rodney of R2d is going to do some electrical grounding for my car next month.

the electronics on my car is going haywire too. apparently, there's more resistance in the wiring looms as the car ages. the grounding helps to keep the voltage and current constant.

had that done in my previous car and it did not encounter the same problems.

have a chat with rod to find out more...

Jinooi,

do you think we can go see how the cars are being grounded? I heard from Dr Clarence, my car was grounded before cos alot of my wirings have been black stickered back together.

The grounding just keeps the current and voltage constant?

Correct me if I am wrong Jinooi, but yours is an e92?

1) Kevinbmw - e92
2) C3PO - e92
3) slidingturtle - e92
4) Kenrick - e93
5) Javier - e92
6) Jinooi - e92

and the list goes on.. :)

jinooi;908995 said:
yeah,batteries are the same for all E9X.

use of cruise control does not shorten battery life, only appliances which use lots of electricity will shorten the battery life.

and violent shaking of the battery may also cause the lead plates inside to move, and when any of the lead plates touch, your battery goes kaput. not that you aim for potholes, but avoid them at all costs.

hehe, your dashboard lighting up like a christmas tree? same as mine. especially when you drive hard.

and dude, get you camber down to around -1deg. mine has lasted quite long...

Did wheel alignment at J4C when first set of rear tyre burst laterally... thought ok after that... second set of rear tyre also burst.. lucky both neber lose control... and heng that credit card company provides free towing services.. so went hurry (weekdays 1st time) and leong seng (weekend 2nd time). 335 owners may want to check their rear tyre inner wall after 15k mileage if driven hard... neg camber does alot wear and tear on rear tyre. Now on CSC5, seems more lasting. Thanks for the advice to down -1 deg.

kevinbmw;909005 said:
Jinooi,

do you think we can go see how the cars are being grounded? I heard from Dr Clarence, my car was grounded before cos alot of my wirings have been black stickered back together.

The grounding just keeps the current and voltage constant?

of course you will be able to observe when rod is doing the grounding. it's not some black magic snake oil thingy that is steeped in mystery. simply put, it's just connecting grounding wires from critical electrical components to the metal body of the car so that current and voltage fluctuations are reduced. points to ground are typically alternator, engine block, tranny, chassis, firewall, throttle body.

electrical black tape is available in any hardware store. the presence of black electrical tape simply means that somebody has done electrical work on your car, not necessary that it's been grounded.

kevinbmw;909007 said:
Correct me if I am wrong Jinooi, but yours is an e92?

1) Kevinbmw - e92
2) C3PO - e92
3) slidingturtle - e92
4) Kenrick - e93
5) Javier - e92
6) Jinooi - e92

and the list goes on.. :)

yes, thanks. keeping low profile as car is too loud. in every sense of the word...

Max88;909138 said:
Did wheel alignment at J4C when first set of rear tyre burst laterally... thought ok after that... second set of rear tyre also burst.. lucky both neber lose control... and heng that credit card company provides free towing services.. so went hurry (weekdays 1st time) and leong seng (weekend 2nd time). 335 owners may want to check their rear tyre inner wall after 15k mileage if driven hard... neg camber does alot wear and tear on rear tyre. Now on CSC5, seems more lasting. Thanks for the advice to down -1 deg.

i've done my wheel alignment at kian teong and autovox. they know what they're doing. my camber is specced for the track, and even then the tyre wear is acceptable. have been been driving the car like you stole it? :)

All thus discussion on the battery...my car earlier didn't manage to start.
I inserted my key in...hit the start button...then it was starting then suddenly before the engine is fully on, it stopped. Wow Lau...then I reinserted again, n hit start n it didn't work...n instead an a,her exclamation mark appeared on my dashboard. I have no I drive on my unit so that was the only error message I had..

I reinserted my key once more..n started the third time, it worked...since then I restarted my car three times n it's alright now...I hope. Any idea what went wrong? Can't be the car battery right? did a health check up at MA n they say all systems ok le..

Any comments or this is common? Thanks!

Did you engine crank when you pressed the starter button?

jinooi;909743 said:
Did you engine crank when you pressed the starter button?

As in cranking to start? If so, yes...crank a bit then stopped.
Its like usually when you start a car with the key, and you don't turn the key enough...

Did MA check your batt voltage?

Anything less than 12 volts means it's time to change the batt.

jinooi;909769 said:
Did MA check your batt voltage?

Anything less than 12 volts means it's time to change the batt.

According to my SA..they said the health checkup was part of the checkup..guess I try n monitor these two days..hopefully one off incident...but v strange..u reckon it could be the car battery issue?

kevinbmw;909779 said:
...they said the health checkup was part of the checkup...
???

the same thing happened to me before the batt died. You sure they checked the batt?

it's either the batt or the starter motor.

kevinbmw;909734 said:
All thus discussion on the battery...my car earlier didn't manage to start.
I inserted my key in...hit the start button...then it was starting then suddenly before the engine is fully on, it stopped. Wow Lau...then I reinserted again, n hit start n it didn't work...n instead an a,her exclamation mark appeared on my dashboard. I have no I drive on my unit so that was the only error message I had..

I reinserted my key once more..n started the third time, it worked...since then I restarted my car three times n it's alright now...I hope. Any idea what went wrong? Can't be the car battery right? did a health check up at MA n they say all systems ok le..

Any comments or this is common? Thanks!

Sorry to hear our discussion on battery has become a prelude to your car ignition issue. My bad. Like what Jinooi mentioned, good to have a check again. PML or MA shld be able to advise you. But which SA you approached may be a variable. During the N54 HPFP issues, I visited PML a few times bec the first SA told me it was a standard HPFP problem (very common then) during the first visit. Engine failure came on again almost immediately after leaving the car at PML for 3 days. Then they said it was LPFP. Same exercise and still engine failure after the replacement LPFP at PML. Then another SA said it was the actuator. Finally done after 3 visits and 9-10 days at PML. Hope you get it resolve soon.

congrats to kevinbmw.

what a great timing. Ally is expecting and you r going to marry her and your gf!
wow Polygamy is accepted in SG!

Congrats bro. I will give ang pao.

U very sart.

dash;909904 said:
congrats to kevinbmw.

what a great timing. Ally is expecting and you r going to marry her and your gf!
wow Polygamy is accepted in SG!

Congrats bro. I will give ang pao.

U very sart.

Really! Wow such big thing, never informed fellow bros LOL
Congrats to kevinbmw.

Yes! Bmwkelvin say ally is expecting his child!View attachment 42730

jinooi;909811 said:
???

the same thing happened to me before the batt died. You sure they checked the batt?

it's either the batt or the starter motor.

Hmmm...if its the car battery, easy to replace. But the starter motor...that sounds expensive man. Any idea?
MA said they checked leh... =\

anyway, not that i am jinxing myself but the vehicle started just fine this morning...I really hope its a one time off...although I dunno what happened or caused it to be like this.

just to update and welcome Mtechnic!

1) Kevinbmw - e92
2) C3PO - e92
3) slidingturtle - e92
4) Kenrick - e93
5) Javier - e92
6) Mtechnic - e93

Thanks bro ...

Please add one of my bro as well .... he is the one who poison me to get a E93. Else I will be getting a SUV for my family ....

just to update and welcome Mtechnic!

1) Kevinbmw - e92
2) C3PO - e92
3) slidingturtle - e92
4) Kenrick - e93
5) Javier - e92
6) Mtechnic - e93
7) Webhunk - e92

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.