can e46 M3 rim used on non-M

dave

Legendary 10 Years
Hi,
Anybody used E46 M3 staggered rims on their non-M E46 ci ? How serious is the rub ? After rolled rear fenders able to clear ? Please advice ???
Cheersss

Re: can e46 M3 rim used on non-M

Rolling the fender wont solve the problem. Only if u do widebody conversion then the rear can fit in.
Basically the offset of the OEM 18in M3 rim is too negative ( 9J and ET+27 ) vs the stock's non M's permissible range of +40 on 9J and +42 on 9.5J

My take, dont bother trying...the amount of time n cost will not benefit one enough

Cheers

Dave,

Go ask Alvin666 sell u his 19" BBS CH ho seh liao.

T6;172321 said:
Dave,

Go ask Alvin666 sell u his 19" BBS CH ho seh liao.
Bro,
Aim chin koo lioa, but talked to him during the sunday morning drive, he said he prefered to sell the complete car, but PSS9 & UUC ARB already out . Now waiting for Mr Ken to de-mod.
Cheersss

TripleM;172236 said:
Rolling the fender wont solve the problem. Only if u do widebody conversion then the rear can fit in.
Basically the offset of the OEM 18in M3 rim is too negative ( 9J and ET+27 ) vs the stock's non M's permissible range of +40 on 9J and +42 on 9.5J

My take, dont bother trying...the amount of time n cost will not benefit one enough

Cheers

Thank-you Pak, You know my style lar, die die must try .

Cheersss

TripleM;172236 said:

Cheers

What about a E36 coupe? is it gonna fit? you have any idea on the permissible range for E36?

dave;172622 said:

Cheersss
Bro, if you really serious there is an alternative. Rather costly but it could be possible.

Cut out your current fenders, weld on the M3 rear fenders. Not an easy job but it is possible :)

dave, sunway can always 'ketuk' your fenders to become widebody.. easy job.. else, get proper sized rims.. :D

hoppie24;172648 said:
What about a E36 coupe? is it gonna fit? you have any idea on the permissible range for E36?

E36 should hv more positive offset range than the E46
So the answer is No

For E36, depending on the sizes, I reckon u pretty much max out at 9J for the rear and offset has to be at least +42 to clear your fender.
Front wise, between 7.5-8.5J widths and offset ranges from +35 to +42 I guess
+35 on 7.5J that is and 8.5J on +42 thereabout

dave;172622 said:

Cheersss
Pak,
Die die must try, try till almost die. Wasted whole day of rolled & tried . Finally make it by converting to M3's wide body, while waiting for blower to arr. So lets not wast time, work will commence 2moro.
Hehehe ko chye khee siow lioa.

Can't CHEERSSS for the time being .

Dave

I am intrique to see how you are modding your E46 cab. Can't wait to see it. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win88college

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back