Can Help????????

ellf

Hi, my car is recently having 2 problems and I am not sure what to do and where to start.
1. There are oil leaks left by my car after I parked.
I have checked done a check but the car highlighted 'Check ok'. Everything seems to be fine. But I am quite worried about the oil leaks under. The longer the duration I parked, the oil stains are more.

2. I went to the car wash yesterday and my head lights get fogged up slightly at the sides. After driving, it disappears again and when I parked, it came back slightly. This morning after the rain, there is No fog. I was wondering if there is leakage into the headlights.

Can someone advise me who to go? PM me the person to go.

Thanks alot.

Re: Can Help????????

ellf;594757 said:
Hi, my car is recently having 2 problems and I am not sure what to do and where to start.
1. There are oil leaks left by my car after I parked.
I have checked done a check but the car highlighted 'Check ok'. Everything seems to be fine. But I am quite worried about the oil leaks under. The longer the duration I parked, the oil stains are more.

2. I went to the car wash yesterday and my head lights get fogged up slightly at the sides. After driving, it disappears again and when I parked, it came back slightly. This morning after the rain, there is No fog. I was wondering if there is leakage into the headlights.

Can someone advise me who to go? PM me the person to go.

Thanks alot.

Hi ellf,

how old is your ride and mileage?

cheers

oil leaks or water from a/c. very easy to find out. use a kitchen tissue to soak it up overnight at the water spot. fogging in headlights normal

5 year old. Mileage around 77k. I have sending my car to PML for maintainance and they have not highlighted anything. These happened recently only.
There is a mixture of oil and water. Not sure where is it coming from.

ellf;594788 said:
5 year old. Mileage around 77k. I have sending my car to PML for maintainance and they have not highlighted anything. These happened recently only.

Hi ellf,

water sure to have: from air-con
but oil ?( maybe 1 of the pipe leak ) get it fix soon

* can go BVO / J4C or BOSS
cheers

For the headlights mist, open the cap and use a hairdryer to blow from outside. When mist disappears, let it air for a few mins before closing back the cover firmly. It will solve your problem.

Go to R2D to get it fixed, I left my car there overnight and picked it up the next day. Changed suspension bump stop, fixed oil leaks and engine mounts. Car 5.5 yrs 68k mileage. This sort of wear and tear problems quite common for old cars.

snowmanyee;594803 said:
For the headlights mist, open the cap and use a hairdryer to blow from outside. When mist disappears, let it air for a few mins before closing back the cover firmly. It will solve your problem.

yes yes i also have this problem too after getting my new 320i just 4 days and will it happen again if i follow the method above? ^^

ellf;594788 said:

Goto a mechanic and hoist the car up for a visual inspection. If its leaking - don't need to be an expert to see the oil stains on the nuts etc.

You mean using the air dryer to blow from the front head lights, leaving the cap open. Can clarify?

The leaks are very funny. Sometimes it appears and sometimes they don't.

park openly under strong sun for 2-3 hours, that should do the trick but these few days always rain :(

ellf;594958 said:
You mean using the air dryer to blow from the front head lights, leaving the cap open. Can clarify?

Had the same oil leak on my 4 yr old E90. Could be oil gasket burst. Look out for oil stains on the engine block. Check the radiator too in case of engine overheating hence contributing to oil gasket blown.

I experienced this with my old car. Saw some liquid on the floor, couldn't really make out if it's oil or water. Touched it and it seems like a mixture of 2.

Turns out it was coolant. Radiator leak. Have yours checked soon to prevent major damage to your gasket.

Issue solved. Gasket leaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back