can someone recommen good tires?

Re: can someone recommen good tires?

daveths;140834 said:
I've got TOYO T1R 18".......regretted not getting Dunlop Sports Max....Cos' the shop owner said TOYO is better especially in terms of noise level. However, these set of tires is pretty bad on wet condition. There was once when I was making a 90deg turn in a carpark at a pretty slow speed, the car suddenly feels like being oversteered and I can feel the car floating. Although my car is lowered, I'm still feeling unsafe on those shoes. Another bad experience is that, on certain road the road can actually bite your tires and somehow sway your steering if you didn't grip tight onto your steering. This is probably due to the V-type tread pattern on the T1R, Eagle F1 might have this problem as well. Just my hypothesis.

Hi bro, how is the comfort, noise, stable of ur ride after u lowered ur car and with 18 tyre?
Izzit better than stock? What brands of spring u change to? Please feedback.

Thanks you!

how about P zero rosso? heard its quite good.. is it ex?

Dunlop Sportmaxx for me... reasonable pricing coupled with great performances in both wet or dry does it for me.... excellent

xxterxx;140845 said:
how about P zero rosso? heard its quite good.. is it ex?

Was about to recommend this tyre to you.

It's slightly less ex than the PS2.

If you are planning to go 19", the PS2 is probably the best tyre you can get in terms of comfort and performance on both wet and dry, street and track use. that would explain the pricing.
It is also relatively long lasting (abt 40k km, my experience on 17" though)

The Rossos does the above almost as well but excels in the steering feel.
However, its side wall is abit soft, so hard cornering will experience some flex.

Had tried the GSD3- its not the same league lah! pretty decent in wet but I think its over-rated.
Federal - V.Cheap, good when new. 20k change out. Looks quite garang :)

Now on Yokohama Advan Sport. Fantastic in wet, dry above average. Starts to get noisy after 10k km, wears out quickly. v stiff side walls, price - 65% of PS2

19" is nice but the recurrent is damn high. I juz stick to 17"

Good luck

tansiong;140838 said:
Hi bro, how is the comfort, noise, stable of ur ride after u lowered ur car and with 18 tyre?
Izzit better than stock? What brands of spring u change to? Please feedback.

Thanks you!

With Eibach springs and 18", comfort not much diff other than car is stiffer and may feel a bit bumpy on uneven roads. In terms of noise level, the Proxes T1R is better than the stock runflats. Pretty happy with the overall outlook and stability.

hi Bros,

Can any bros to recommend which tires shop to go for a good buy as well? can anyone roughly tell me what the rough cost for a dunlop sport maxx size of a 225/40/18 or a 235/40/18? thought of changing to this tires..

thanks!

limeugene81;140948 said:
hi Bros,

Can any bros to recommend which tires shop to go for a good buy as well? can anyone roughly tell me what the rough cost for a dunlop sport maxx size of a 225/40/18 or a 235/40/18? thought of changing to this tires..

thanks!

Hi there... visit Ray-S.. look for Raymond.. wonderful chap....

Shaaz.

hi shaaz,

Thanks bro, if i am not wrong, is he at Kaki Bukit Rd 1? I heard he can be quite ex at times.. unless you know him very very well.. hehe.

any more bro care to intro other tires shop too?

thanks!

Poh Heng tyres at Ang Mo Kio. Truly the cheapest tyre shop in sillypore.

Hi there

Can anyone explain the advantage of having staggered rim/tyres setup and without? Heard from tyre shop that it is not recommended because cannot rotate the tyres. But he cannot explain why staggered. Is it due to nicer to look at? Comments?

Henry1515;140981 said:
Hi there

Can anyone explain the advantage of having staggered rim/tyres setup and without? Heard from tyre shop that it is not recommended because cannot rotate the tyres. But he cannot explain why staggered. Is it due to nicer to look at? Comments?
Staggered, it looks good.. and u have slightly more rubber behind,some go staggered so that they can optimise the grip esp when the car is rear driven.

limeugene81;140977 said:
hi shaaz,

Thanks bro, if i am not wrong, is he at Kaki Bukit Rd 1? I heard he can be quite ex at times.. unless you know him very very well.. hehe.

any more bro care to intro other tires shop too?

thanks!
Hmm... well if u still wanna pay him a visit, let me know then.. i'll drop him a line telling him my friend will be dropping down to look for him.

if u need 225/45r17 p zero i hv lobang at very very good price can sms me if u need 97349528

agrees with abt raymond over at ray-s
did went there the other day to get my rims and rubber.
nice chap!

Henry1515;140981 said:
Hi there

Go for staggered!! Looks much nicer and better grip during corner. Most impt, dun really affect FC if u get the correct size. For rotation, try to get assymetrical(non-directional) so tat at least can rotate left and right.

I've just swop my 18" OZ non-staggered to another set of 18" staggered after 3days of driving. Its cost me much more after the trading in and such :( . Thus do consider carefully or it will cost u more..

rickyokc;141224 said:
if u need 225/45r17 p zero i hv lobang at very very good price can sms me if u need 97349528
Can PM me the price?

i'm using TOYO T1 R. Man, it's damn lasting, 40k and the tire shop told me at least 25% left. I cant wait to change it.

Grip and perf is not too bad and qte quiet (when new) but as it gets older it gets noisy like hell. so I'm on a look out for quiet tires.

I'm thinking of either PS2 or F1 Asym. Can any bro here share their experience, most imprtly the noise level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8xbet_1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back