Cannot start engine

Tysigen

Hi, a few days ago I couldn't start my car when I tried. The radio, aircon, headlights and windows are all working but I couldn't seem to start my engine. I had to wait for 1.5hrs later when I tried again and it works. When the BMW tech came down, he said my battery was ok but couldn't point out what's wrong as to why I can't start my engine.

Yesterday this happened again and I have to wait for some time to try again before it starts. I tried to google but I can't find anyone with a similar situation. Has anyone experienced this before and what exactly is the problem and solution? Pls help.... Thanks

BMW 320i E90 sedan (2005)

Re: Cannot start engine

Tysigen;1086107 said:
Hi, a few days ago I couldn't start my car when I tried. The radio, aircon, headlights and windows are all working but I couldn't seem to start my engine. I had to wait for 1.5hrs later when I tried again and it works. When the BMW tech came down, he said my battery was ok but couldn't point out what's wrong as to why I can't start my engine.

Yesterday this happened again and I have to wait for some time to try again before it starts. I tried to google but I can't find anyone with a similar situation. Has anyone experienced this before and what exactly is the problem and solution? Pls help.... Thanks

BMW 320i E90 sedan (2005)

Starter is weak.
Need to replace

Could it be the Key's battery is weak? The Key will recharge when we insert it into the 'slot'. Change the battery but not at PML.

Recalled about >1yr+ ago, some forum member had engine start up issue and later found out was key's battery.

How much does it costs? Can I go to any workshop that services BMW to do it? Thanks

How do I check if it's my key's battery or could it be the battery of the car? Thanks

How can the aircon be working if the engine is off? Did you mean the aircon blower was on?

Anyway, you might want to try checking the coolant level. A similar incident happened to me and it was solved (temporarily) by topping up the coolant.

Kearae;1086157 said:
How can the aircon be working if the engine is off? Did you mean the aircon blower was on?

Anyway, you might want to try checking the coolant level. A similar incident happened to me and it was solved (temporarily) by topping up the coolant.

If coolant level is low, should trigger a warning.

View attachment 61694

Just incase u need it.
Please let us know the outcome.
I vote it's the starter problem.
Others think might be key or coolant or battery.

This photo is of the starter? Ok will do. Going to send to the workshop tmr for a full check. Will let them know these are the possible faults.

Tysigen;1086188 said:
This photo is of the starter? Ok will do. Going to send to the workshop tmr for a full check. Will let them know these are the possible faults.

Yes, that is for E90

I just changed my starter motor on mon. Weak starter for quite awhile already then suddenly died last sun. No cranking at all. I vote its the starter problem also.

Ahbengdriver;1086145 said:
how much is it to replace starter. is it an expensive piece of shiert?

Starter is approx. SGD390+ before GST.
Labour is approx. SGD180 before GST.

Need to remove intake manifold to access and replace the starter motor.

Applies for E90 320i.

Likely starter issue, pretty common with E90s.

BTW, do make sure u depressed your brake pedal enough when cranking, don't be a kuku like me.. Car can't start despite changing of starter, end up it's my right leg too weak.....

I had this problem since 1 year ago. My ride is 730Li year 2011. Cannot start but after waiting for 3 minutes every thing is OK. I don't believe it is the starter or the battery as workshop runs diagnostic and found no problem.

Recently I got an advise to try the start sequence. First push the start button and wait for the initialization process to finish. With the ignition ON lighted. Then press brake and push the start button again.

This is actually the normal procedure to start as I was told.

Hope it helps.

I had this problem since 1 year ago. My ride is 730Li year 2011. Cannot start but after waiting for 3 minutes every thing is OK. I don't believe it is the starter or the battery as workshop runs diagnostic and found no problem.

Recently I got an advise to try the start sequence. First push the start button and wait for the initialization process to finish. With the ignition ON lighted. Then press brake and push the start button again.

This is actually the normal procedure to start as I was told.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the advise bro. Now I have to press the starter button twice with slight hold to start the engine likewise when stop.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3jlnetph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back