Can't connect iphone to e90 320i (2008)

Thinkbig

Hi friends

I just got my pre owned bimmer and trying to connect my iPhone to it. I can't seem to find the bluetooth setup option.

Can anyone help me? How do I connect? Is it possible that there's no Bluetooth capability in my bimmer? :(

Re: Can't connect iphone to e90 320i (2008)

Chances are you do not have Bluetooth in your car.

Thinkbig;645306 said:
Hi friends

I just got my pre owned bimmer and trying to connect my iPhone to it. I can't seem to find the bluetooth setup option.

Can anyone help me? How do I connect? Is it possible that there's no Bluetooth capability in my bimmer? :(

Hi bro,

On my previous E90 (2009 model), there was no factory fitted built-in bluetooth feature. When I enquired at PML to get quote for instsllation, it was in excess of a couple of thousands including the adapter for iphone.

Above said, if you have a GPS setup eg Garmin etc, you can link your iphone via bluetooth directly to the device & it will function very similar.

Hopw it helps...cheers!

Same here, I link my iPhone via bluetooth to the Garmin, like what mohankls said above.
Thinkbig, let us know whether this solves your problem.

Vroom vroom.

Cheers.

If you are thinking of using your mobile phone in the car, you can also consider getting an in-car bluetooth speakerphone. There are many good ones in the market:
- Jabra Cruiser/ Cruiser 2/ Freeway (new)
- Plantronics K100
- Blueant S4 (new) - not available in SG and I have an order from Amazon coming soon :)

All priced between 100-198. Cheap handsfree solution, if you ask me.

BMW = Conti

Conti must have the higher end toys like bluetooth.

Thinkbig;645306 said:
Hi friends

Bro,

if you have a "aux" input (those that you plug in the aux cable to iphone) then you can can listen to your iphone music and also act as a handfree for calls. (although the voice quality is not that great.) This is a cheap option as you only need a aux cable. But the speech from the other party is broadcast over the speakers in your car so it's good if you are alone....

Br

Thanks for the solutions and information guys.

Mohan, it's a few thousand dollars? For Bluetooth module and iPhone connector??? rip off.

Perhaps the agent in Malaysia do it for a more reasonable price?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thinkbig;646621 said:
Thanks dot the solutions and information guys.

Mohan, it's a few thousand dollars? For Bluetooth module and iPhone connector??? rip off.

Nope. It won't be cheaper in MY.

Thinkbig;646621 said:
Thanks for the solutions and information guys.

Malaysia agent is no better than PML. Go to BMW Club Malaysia & check out.

BMW is nvr about the toy inside the car. The car is the toy.

I think u can upgrade the HU to the latest that support Bluetooth/MP3 for 1k from PML but it will not work with the CD changer...thats what my SE told me.

My ride is a 2006 320i. Had used a cable and connect my iPhone 5 to the middle arm console and changed the radio input to aux but there's no sound.

Anyone can advise?

1st step ensure your iPhone volume is maxed out.

Turn volume up on car stereo slowly

If still no sound .... It could either be cable problem or the aux jack faulty.

If car stereo volume is high, when removing mini jack from the aux connector u should hear some sounds... If no sound, the aux input is likely to be faulty.

Good luck

rldchua;1109047 said:
My ride is a 2006 320i. Had used a cable and connect my iPhone 5 to the middle arm console and changed the radio input to aux but there's no sound.

Anyone can advise?

HI guys,

sorry to dig up this thread, as i am trying to pair it myself too. I googled and found the below video:

i have not had the chance to try it yet, will go home and try tonight.

Alternatively does anybody has any work around solutions to it?

Thanks for reading. Dew

HI guys,

sorry to dig up this thread, as i am trying to pair it myself too. I googled and found the below video:

i have not had the chance to try it yet, will go home and try tonight.

Alternatively does anybody has any work around solutions to it?

Thanks for reading. Dew

Didnt work for me :( Guess gotta buy the USB Bluetooth to audio jack dongle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back