Cant Decide on E90 320i or XL ?

hi Bro ,

i am looking for an year 2006/2007 E90 320i / XL but seems to me not much difference

Any major problem for E90 ?

Your comment please , thanks ;)

Re: Cant Decide on E90 320i or XL ?

Read up the problems and you might actually regret getting one hahaha

XL is xenon lights, it's much nicer than those halogen lights (price slightly more)

Got money to buy one than shouldn't have problems paying repairs hahaha

SapphireSpite;1040775 said:
Read up the problems and you might actually regret getting one hahaha

XL is xenon lights, it's much nicer than those halogen lights (price slightly more)

Got money to buy one than shouldn't have problems paying repairs hahaha

haha thinking of changing my jap car cs3 ride but still hesitate whether to change after reading the forum as oil leak problem ..haiz , bro saw your blog , you also upgrade from cs3 to e90

but auto fold mirror - e90 normal version does not have right ? how about ipod function ? i still an newbie

Last edited by a moderator:

buy my done up ride ai mai?
'05 prefl.. heheee
all wear & tear changed with receipt!
swee swee, come with ICE!!!
leh long leh long..

d3vilstarz;1040778 said:
haha thinking of changing my jap car cs3 ride but still hesitate whether to change after reading the forum as oil leak problem ..haiz , bro saw your blog , you also upgrade from cs3 to e90

but auto fold mirror - e90 normal version does not have right ? how about ipod function ? i still an newbie

Hahaha I did put up much stuff, just didn't have the time to update, so stay tuned!

Auto fold needs coding and the specific type of mirror I believe (more money)
IPod I think there is but I would just plug in the aux cable, much easier

Really regret getting my 320i,should have got a lexus is250 or a gs300 instead,pay higher road tax for a higher cc car rather than keep repairing,the money spend on repairing the bimmer can pay 3 yrs road tax instead,

get an XL model. you will regret getting a non XL very soon after you notice the difference in looks between the angel eyes and non angel eye.
but then again, after knowing this and more, you would wished you have gottan the 323 instead of the 320 cause 323 got 6 cylinder and more power.
but rather than getting the 323, why not a 325 since its just a little more e$ compared to the 323, but gives you more power.
but, for the price of a PFL 325, why not get a LCI 320?
and the list goes on and on and on.....

buying 2nd hand cars; whatever make or brand depends a fair bit of luck, just make sure you done all due diligence and totally understand the potential downside. for a piece of mind, buy from those second hand dealers linked to disty. Eg Performance Premium Selection; Republic Auto; Premium automobiles; select by PPS etc...

ya at 1st was looking 320i , after i browse saw an XL , that is y

Vansoh;1041075 said:
get an XL model. you will regret getting a non XL very soon after you notice the difference in looks between the angel eyes and non angel eye.
but then again, after knowing this and more, you would wished you have gottan the 323 instead of the 320 cause 323 got 6 cylinder and more power.
but rather than getting the 323, why not a 325 since its just a little more e$ compared to the 323, but gives you more power.
but, for the price of a PFL 325, why not get a LCI 320?
and the list goes on and on and on.....

buying 2nd hand cars; whatever make or brand depends a fair bit of luck, just make sure you done all due diligence and totally understand the potential downside. for a piece of mind, buy from those second hand dealers linked to disty. Eg Performance Premium Selection; Republic Auto; Premium automobiles; select by PPS etc...

d3vilstarz;1041078 said:
ya at 1st was looking 320i , after i browse saw an XL , that is y

I believe facelift version is 08 onwards, there's a diff in design and also after market bodykits (which is far much nicer than pfl)
But if you planning to drive for long, get a facelift version, it's much more nicer looking, else get a pfl and later upgrade to f30 maybe hehehe

Oh and! you might want to drop by ppsl since their car are maintained by the agent prior to selling off to the markets, at least you know that the mileage is not tampered and the parts are up to date

Zincman;1041031 said:
Really regret getting my 320i,should have got a lexus is250 or a gs300 instead,pay higher road tax for a higher cc car rather than keep repairing,the money spend on repairing the bimmer can pay 3 yrs road tax instead,

2nd that, think twice :yikess::yikess::yikess::yikess:

wow .. look like all bmw 320i is out ? i view 1 year 2007 with 98000 mileage service by pml , selling at 65000k , think now need to consider

Today just replace my oil separator,never ending worries but of course the steering feedback,stability of the bimmer is really good,有一好,没二好。unless u really want to spend money for repairs and maintenance on a bmw,if not go for a jap lexus,just my 2 cent

Thanks bro :) BMW is only class ,haha

Zincman;1041377 said:
Today just replace my oil separator,never ending worries but of course the steering feedback,stability of the bimmer is really good,有一好,没二好。unless u really want to spend money for repairs and maintenance on a bmw,if not go for a jap lexus,just my 2 cent

If u buy a used bimmer, be it e90/e60 prepare to reserve 10k for repairs.

Oil, water, and Aircon problems will surface sooner or later.

Wear and tear cost def higher than jap makes. Buy with your eyes wide open :)

Cars are somewhat like human.
Got stereotyping, some got pedigree some are mutts
Some badly brought up some born this way
If u already bought the XL, u will get CONGRATS within
mins
Choose and buy within your budget and taste

Hi guys, comparison between bmw vs jap makes like Lexus is not really apples to apples comparison.

Buying conti cars usually one would compare bmw, merc vs audi, and you inherit the idiosyncrasies of maintaining each of these platform you eventually own.

Those that likes driving will find there's no other make that drives like bmw, and whilst the repair costs could be high, you can save $ if you know your particular model and workshop well.

To me, the joy of driving and maintaining the UDM is priceless! :) Some may disagree though

I have neighbors who drive IS250s and GS300. I must say the reliability of those models aren't far from my bimmers cos now and then I'll hear them whine about changing this and that at their ws. And in comparison, PML charges are reasonable compared to the AD workshops of other makes.

The only diff is probably that IS250s have common parts with Camrys (or so my neighbor says). Hence, he saves a bit when the big wear and tear items need to be changed. But I always ask him tongue in cheek, why didn't he just buy a Camry. Lol

Back to topic, if I were TS I'd buy an LCI. It's a big diff for me having driven both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubet77fashion
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back