Car cam for f10 523i

Skybaby

hi everyone ‘ newbie here’
Need some advice ‘ any issue with BlackVue cam on 523i highline rides?

So far did any member install BlackVue on your rides ?

Anything I need to know before I install the BlackVue cam ‘

Need the battery pack.. if not will face high battery drainage issue..

hi everyone ‘ newbie here’
Need some advice ‘ any issue with BlackVue cam on 523i highline rides?

So far did any member install BlackVue on your rides ?

Anything I need to know before I install the BlackVue cam ‘

You may wanna try bmw advance car eye. So far use on my 3 previous bmw never give me any problem at all.

Do check with your installer on how the battery pack works.
Was considering 24hrs recording. My installer advised me that they usually connect in such a way that the cam draws power from the battery pack when in parking mode. It can last for 36hrs and once the battery pack drains out, the cam will also be cut off. No direct drawng of power from your car battery.
so if you park your car and do not start it for more than 2-3days, there is a high chance the battery pack will drain out and will not record anything after that. Of course, it will be recharge when you start your car and drives it.
But other installer may install it differently. So better check with them.

Yes, normally it is recommended to use separate battery pack if there is a desire for overnight recording. Otherwise they will probably connect it to the fuse or something whereby the moment the engine is switched off, it stops recording. Otherwise your normal car battery will be drained and lifespan kaput. Mine is a small pack (8 hour) and have it under the front passenger seat.

On a separate note, during parking, the cam is more beneficial to the car parked opposite to yours rather than to your own vehicle... so start making friends with your neighbours!

For mine, I choose not to have overnight parking recording. So the camera will stop recording after I lock the door. Yes, must lock the door or else it will continue recording.
Blackvue has an promo, the DRV590 (2-channels) is going at less than $340. With installation it will be about $380, but no overnight recording.

Thank bro
Do check with your installer on how the battery pack works.
Was considering 24hrs recording. My installer advised me that they usually connect in such a way that the cam draws power from the battery pack when in parking mode. It can last for 36hrs and once the battery pack drains out, the cam will also be cut off. No direct drawng of power from your car battery.
so if you park your car and do not start it for more than 2-3days, there is a high chance the battery pack will drain out and will not record anything after that. Of course, it will be recharge when you start your car and drives it.
But other installer may install it differently. So better check with them.
nk bro

Awesome I have received lot of feedback from everyone ‘ I know what I need to do’ appreciate everyone for the feedback

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bapehoodies1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back