Car "coughs" during morning cold start

Re: Car "coughs" during morning cold start

Help!! My car still coughing during start up.

Changed my battery, spark plugs, ignition coils and 2 days ago, even the fuel pump and fuel filter. What else should I change?

Blacknight05;1106546 said:
Help!! My car still coughing during start up.

Changed my battery, spark plugs, ignition coils and 2 days ago, even the fuel pump and fuel filter. What else should I change?

CHANGE THE CAR :topicsuc:

i had the same problem last week

car parked overnight, next morning first crank, car started, idle was not stable, going up and down between 300 - 1500, and worst still miss firing to compliment with....

after few attempts, still the same....no code appear, 1 hour later try again.... swee swee liao no problem... and it swee swee throughout the day.

next day same problem again..... came across red bean bro advise push the start button 3 times w/o pressing the brake and it worked...

decided to send to ws the next day, and same thing happened again in the first crank of the day, after applied red bean bro method, when trying to move off, step on the gas, the vibration started again....very jia luck...

send to ws, scanned, 'piston 1 and 4 mis-fired' and 'eccentric shaft sensor faulty',
so ws recommend to replace ignition coil and spark plugs, as the later was more intensive
coils and plugs replaced and faulty code was erased, tested the car all good, drive home happily.

next morning first crank, nbz issue was back... call ws, he said send back, need to replace the eccentric shaft sensor liao no choice...and he will refund the ignition coils money back...

eccentric shaft sensor changed, engine oil and filter changed and clean some oil sludge , and i told him not to remove the coils since already installed.

happy driving till now.

Ninja;1106592 said:
i had the same problem last week

car parked overnight, next morning first crank, car started, idle was not stable, going up and down between 300 - 1500, and worst still miss firing to compliment with....

after few attempts, still the same....no code appear, 1 hour later try again.... swee swee liao no problem... and it swee swee throughout the day.

next day same problem again..... came across red bean bro advise push the start button 3 times w/o pressing the brake and it worked...

decided to send to ws the next day, and same thing happened again in the first crank of the day, after applied red bean bro method, when trying to move off, step on the gas, the vibration started again....very jia luck...

send to ws, scanned, 'piston 1 and 4 mis-fired' and 'eccentric shaft sensor faulty',
so ws recommend to replace ignition coil and spark plugs, as the later was more intensive
coils and plugs replaced and faulty code was erased, tested the car all good, drive home happily.

next morning first crank, nbz issue was back... call ws, he said send back, need to replace the eccentric shaft sensor liao no choice...and he will refund the ignition coils money back...

eccentric shaft sensor changed, engine oil and filter changed and clean some oil sludge , and i told him not to remove the coils since already installed.

happy driving till now.

Your's must be a N55 engine ...... N54 got no voltronic ..... So no eccentric shaft sensor .......

But if really do the eccentric shaft sensor - along the way check the valve cover gasket ......

Ahbengdriver;1106578 said:
CHANGE THE CAR :topicsuc:

Not giving up yet. The car has undergone massive makeover and also codings by Codewerx. It's still fun to drive, despite the longer than usual crank, no irratic rpm fluctuation at all.

Suspect the fuel line in engine bay, anyone has this same issue?

Would check either the fuel pressure regulator or the vacuum line for the regulator ..... That keeps the pressure in the fuel pump in.

Blacknight05;1106638 said:
Not giving up yet. The car has undergone massive makeover and also codings by Codewerx. It's still fun to drive, despite the longer than usual crank, no irratic rpm fluctuation at all.

Suspect the fuel line in engine bay, anyone has this same issue?

Red_Bean_Bun;1106596 said:
Your's must be a N55 engine ...... N54 got no voltronic ..... So no eccentric shaft sensor .......

But if really do the eccentric shaft sensor - along the way check the valve cover gasket ......

gasket changed also

Red_Bean_Bun;1106664 said:
Would check either the fuel pressure regulator or the vacuum line for the regulator ..... That keeps the pressure in the fuel pump in.

Hi Tony, can you quote me the prices to replace these? Must replace either part or both together? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88comcom1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back