Car lost power

pengful

This morning while making a turn at traffic junction, I suddenly felt that the car has lost power. It felt like the auto gear has somewhat disengaged and it slowly regained power as I continue to step on the accelerator.

Has anyone encountered this before and is this something serious?

Re: Car lost power

i may not be right but it may be the clutch that took a while longer to engage into gear. that's why the sudden lag in acceleration.

Went for lunch and tried to see if the same happened but it didn't. Seems everything ok with no error codes whatsoever. Very strange indeed.

how long was the power lost before it picks up again?

XXX;580059 said:
how long was the power lost before it picks up again?

1-2 seconds kinda feeling. The feeling is like you step on it but car just would not move, then it slowly picks up again.

Similar things happened last time on my previous jap auto tran car after installing unichip, usually happen when moving off from traffic light, car seems to lag 1-2sec then pick up again. Till now still a mystery.

pengful;579997 said:
This morning while making a turn at traffic junction, I suddenly felt that the car has lost power. It felt like the auto gear has somewhat disengaged and it slowly regained power as I continue to step on the accelerator.

When you say lost power, is it like when you push your accelerator all the way down but the car is still not accelerating ?

Red_Bean_Bun;580112 said:
When you say lost power, is it like when you push your accelerator all the way down but the car is still not accelerating ?

That's correct.

bring down to a friendly workshop for a diagnostics. sounds like quite a problem..

The "power loss" problem did not resurface in the last few days and I suppose all's well now. Still, I'll ask the workshop to check it in the next service. Cheers.

not sure but might be the changing of gear... think could be common especially when you slowed down and sped off again... e.g over hump, up slopes, u turn etc..

benji ben;580052 said:
i may not be right but it may be the clutch that took a while longer to engage into gear. that's why the sudden lag in acceleration.

snowmanyee;580599 said:
not sure but might be the changing of gear... think could be common especially when you slowed down and sped off again... e.g over hump, up slopes, u turn etc..

yeah that's what i was thinking too. :thinking:

bro i experience this before,it will start with once in a while,then it will become more frequent.
the first time i had it,i ignore it as well,then it became very frequent,i had no choice but to bring to j4cars,did a diagnostic test,results shows that valtronic motors is spoilt.change and problem is settled.

3 months later,same problem pop out,pek chek already,bring back to work,did a check again ,this time round is ignition coil,i change all four ignition coil. problem solve,6 mths later,now,as and when i still get this problem,im going down to boss to rectify and service my car at the same time soon.

i guess u shld bring to workshop for a check soon bro.

cheers

Had similiar problem with my car. My mileage is about 20000 km per yr.

Around 3rd year, valvetronic motor was the culprit. Power intermittently unavailable for 2-3 sec as you accelerate.

Around 5th / 6th year, fuel pump faulty. Aceerlation seems to be slow at first sight of the problem. After another 10-30km of normal, it failed to start completely.

pengful;579997 said:

Hi there,

Meaning to say, u slow down to make a turn, after e turn u felt "loss of power" even if u step more on e gas padel?
If yes, maybe E-throttle lag? I do have such feel at times but by releasing & re step e gas paddle, its back to normal.

Im missing my wire throttle feel more... :(

My 2jiam

ac323;611116 said:
Hi pengful,

could it be something else that is causing this issue?

cheers

Could be but I am not sure. This seems to be the most probable cause.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back