• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Car Mileage

Re: Car Mileage

check the condition of the car inside/out and see if there are tell tale sides of "usage" vs mileage mismatch.

sometimes extreme low mileage rides do exist e.g. 2nd/3rd car...etc. if so count yourside lucky if the price is right...ultimately it might still be considered "low mileage" when it's time for u to part the car.

my car on average only does 9000km a year... and its my daily drive somemore... so yes... there is such thing as low mileage car..

if in doubt just bring to workshop and check... check for damages...

a hard driver driving 30 000km... is worse than lao auntie driving for 50 000km

Can a new owner just check with PML without the need to go for servicing then they will help us to check the previous servicing mileage??

I did try that before I bought my 3rd hand E90 - PML refuse to disclose. They will only disclose when you are the owner.

BTW how easy/difficult is it to tamper with our ODO?

panda8;1049120 said:
What is the latest on this issue? Is it finally illegal to do so?

No way near legal....

Bro, when comes to used car why bother about mileage??? Its the condition of the car..

At 1st i tot beemer odo cnot adjust, but they did it. My frd sold his 523 to a dealer @ 120Kk. They adjust the odo to less then 100kk advertised as low mileage...

Hard to ascertain the condition of the car at point of purchase as only test drive for v limited time.

Therefore low mileage implies the condition of the car is relatively ok. Of cos the "real" condition will be known downstream...

The issue is not really about bothering the mileage, but the fact it is unethical to do so and sell it to someone. Condition of the car is immaterial in this case.

henry2703;627167 said:
Best way is to caveat the mileage in teh agreement. If the true mileage is more than X% of what has been stated in the Odo, REFUND.

I was told by someone, these days, it isn't so difficult to check. Once they workshop with the right equipment have your key fob, they can check. they don't even need your car, apparently.
Correct no need check car, key fob tells the history incl warnings and error codes with mileage that happened...that's why Bmw is superb.

Other than servicing records, you can also try to find out the owner's travel pattern, for example office near to home from his IC and name card. Then again, such low mileage cars are rare to my knowledge cos many 1st owners like me would rather keep the car to ourselves especially with the current high COE!

ktnpl;1049526 said:
Other than servicing records, you can also try to find out the owner's travel pattern, for example office near to home from his IC and name card. Then again, such low mileage cars are rare to my knowledge cos many 1st owners like me would rather keep the car to ourselves especially with the current high COE!

I think that is quite obtrusive to the owner's privacy.

Meek;1049532 said:
I think that is quite obtrusive to the owner's privacy.

Of course the owner must be willing to share and this will probably work if the two parties deal as friends and not on a purely commercial basis. Personally I have given up on 2nd hand cars after my first car purchase. I was ripped off a little by the dealer and am now wiser. The 2nd hand car dealer at AMK (who also sold new cars) looked honest but turned out otherwise. He claimed he was a grassroots leader and his 2nd hand cars are parked along the main road. That was a long time ago. The shop is still there if I am not wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

How many ppl make frens with ppl you buy a car from?

The last time i sold a car the fking buyer pissed me off so much i had to block him from adding me on facebook and ignore his calls after the car handed over.

I had a buyer who had used me as a goods driver! I dumped his stuff along the road after I learnt he was not sincere

Serious ? What goods are those ?

sandman369;1049661 said:
I had a buyer who had used me as a goods driver! I dumped his stuff along the road after I learnt he was not sincere

Red_Bean_Bun;1049674 said:
Serious ? What goods are those ?

It was some books if I remember correctly. He asked to pick him up from his office before going to LTA to transfer car. Halfway the journey he said he had second thoughts and I dumped him along the road.

He deserve it for wasting people's time ......

sandman369;1049693 said:
It was some books if I remember correctly. He asked to pick him up from his office before going to LTA to transfer car. Halfway the journey he said he had second thoughts and I dumped him along the road.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back