Car Polishing

terrork

Can anyone recommend a good car grooming company that delivers doorstep service? My ride is parked at home (not covered) and I am looking for someone who can come down and do the grooming at my place. Anyone with good kangtao?

Re: Car Polishing

terrork said:
Can anyone recommend a good car grooming company that delivers doorstep service? My ride is parked at home (not covered) and I am looking for someone who can come down and do the grooming at my place. Anyone with good kangtao?

Most who offer doorstep service arn't usually very good. Why not dirve to one of the grooming places?. Your place which is not sheltered is already a bad way to start polishing.

Look under the sponsor sites, Spa For Cars, Or you can try Zaino Bros and groomworks. All using diff products,

Maybe Groomworks also using zaino, not too sure .. can check with them. Anyways i think it's better you check one of the 3, u're far better then getting pple to come polish ur car. i think i've tried most ... and i've stuck with proper grooming shops with proper facillities and equipment.

Hope this helps
Shaaz

Thanks for the recommendations bro. Only reason for me asking for a mobile service is because I don't have much time to send the car for polishing due to my long hours at work. so thot this may be an alternative but sounds as though this may not be ideal.

pingman said:
toughseal is charging $600 for 1 time polishing and coating.

is that too expensive? anyone?

WAHAHAHAHHA!!!... that's called daylight rape!... try SPA FOR CARS, deff cheaper than that but already slightly on the expensive side than others.. but u'l be amazed by what they can do. i vouch for them.

pingman said:
do spa4car do acrylic or sealant? for what price? and how long it takes.

1.acrylic, i wld no idea why or wat...

2.price wise, call them... listed on the sponsors site.

3.how long it takes depends on how bad ur paintwork is ...

*Any futher questions u can call them up and ask for Roy, im sure he'd be kind enough to ans all ur questions.

Shaaz.

terrork said:

I used to use Mobile 333 under a package. They come in a Merc Vito to whereever u park your car (even if it is in CBD) and they will groom for u. No water souce also never mind as they have water in the Merc Vito. U don't have to pay their ERP and parking charges for coming into CBD. Their service is not bad and their package prices are reasonable too. Don't have their tel number anymore and can't remember what products they use but they shd be listed in yellow pages. If u are not particular and juz want your car taken care of, may be good enough compromise.

The problem with going to physical grooming centres is that it is very time-consuming. That part I really dislike!

sending my car in for grooming this fri at Spa for Cars......if u are interested.....u can come down to have a look at their workmanship.......

agree with shaaz...that $600 is too steep.....:evil:

went to spa4car... their schedule were always booked... for 7er shd be either 170/210... ask roy personally for that... :)

there is a member car, damn tua pai...
his car alone take up 1 day.. black! wednesday slot!
sh.....

pingman said:
hi smoobies. does spa4car do sealant or not?

sealant veri common.. confirm have one...
claybar..polish..sealant..wax...everything..include interior also..

pingman said:
ok. got a estimate of quote of how much they will charge or not. dont want to kena slaughter.

u wun kena slaughter, it will be abit pricy but for the work they do, wonderful...

when my car goes in they take a good whole day.. sometimes all the way till wee hours in the morning. Maybe cause it's jet black and im very very particular, Roy and Jermen are close friends of mine and i will vouch for them and thier service EVEN thier after service is top notch.

Just call SFC and ask for roy, he can give u an exact quote on ur car. He'll even go through with u step by step on wat they'll be doing and wat the process will do for ur car.

Shaaz.

wow wow wow, beauty.........after sending my car in today at SPA for Cars at 11am - 6pm. The final product is amazing. can actually see my own teeth on my bonnet...... my car is monaco blue therefore any swirl marks or paintwork defect, it is all gone.....now really shiny and smooth.

they may be a bit pricey but is definitely worth the effort and time. had a nice chat with Roy and Jermin as well. Really meticulous on their work.

good job Spa for Cars !! :)

Hi como. Mine is toledo blue. May I know how much did they car u? and does it include what kind of sealant? please PM me.

guys, what is better zaino or zymol for black car.

with zymol i know it doesnt last long and seems to cause more dust to stick.

zaino is a polymer.
and i think sticks better than wax right?

so which is better.TIA

I just had my car polished by Klasse.SG last week end. I am pretty pleased with the work that they did. 2 hours on the exterior - claybar, polish, sealant by 2 guys

I didnt polish for more than 6 mths so it was full of spots... you can feel the spots when you run your finger on the body. But after the polish, wowweee .....its a smoothie now and when I put a piece of cloth on the bonnet, it slides off. Family members tell me wah, look like new car. Only my wife is oblivious to it ???? Duh....

Just a happy customer (Not affiliated)

hi...u can call roy at spa for cars to give u a quote.....different cars sizes have different prices.....

or u can get the package which u can 3 times interior detailing + polishing which is cheaper.... :)

i went to a few places for polishing and their job is good.....my 2 cents opinions :)

i spoke to many experts and the following are what i gathered, hope to gather comment if they are myth or facts?
1. Can't use machine to polish as it will have swirl mark, use hand better.
2. Use good machine with good skill will not cause swirl mark even under bright spotlight.
3. Can't use shampoo on car after coating sealant, esp polymer, as it will wash off.
4. Must wait 6 hours for car to cool down before start polishing but others say it doesnt matter.
5. polisher will remove the clear coat on the original car paint before coating sealant.
6. some apply chemical to interior leather, but advise not to, since leather need special 'oiling' and not chemical.
7. spots caused by acid rain cant be remove even after polishing as it has creep into the paint already.
8. Don't apply rubber protectant on rubbery parts as it will shorten the rubber lifespan.

i m puzzle and hope to decide on the right expert to go to. can anyone help?
----
Hi silverbeam. Did u use the mobile service or which shop did u go to exactly.

pingman said:
1. Can't use machine to polish as it will have swirl mark, use hand better.
2. Use good machine with good skill will not cause swirl mark even under bright spotlight.
3. Can't use shampoo on car after coating sealant, esp polymer, as it will wash off.

Bro, polishers can hv the Best machine available in the market and best skilled polisher, but without good PAD to machine, swirl mark will still appear.. i believe the PAD and skillful polisher using the machine plays the part. Talk to SFC.. they will explain to you... they r one of the best that i noe that can get rid of swirl marks effectively. similarly, using hands to polish off swirl marks will not help if without good pad or cloth.. try asking a very skillful polisher using normal $0.50 hand towel to polish and see what will be the result.

If cannot use shampoo to wash, oni using water? T6 will tell u rain water.:lol2:

it boils down to the type of pad and the type of compund used for machining off swirls, not to forget a guy who knows his shit.. haha..

If u were to use polish to machine in... it certainly will cover in certain types of light, not remove... if im not wrong.. the groomers using Klasse, as long there isn't any machining... the swirls are still there.. give it 2 weeks.. maybe it'll come out.. once the polish wears out, after many washes... i tell u .. u'll be amazed at the swirls..
i for one know this ... i have tried many types of brands, grooming services, even tried DIY, mixing my own concoction... in the end...it'll look good, smooth... but ur'e not removing anything at all.. mearly covering it .. giving it a good look for a week or 2. try Dewaxing the car... u'll be amazed i tell u. Now.. Everyone will then think " remove swirls then wait wash car and all.. wait come back". You've mistaken Fine Line Scrathes frm swirls.. SWIRLS can only come frm the pad itself, unless u take a rough spounge to wash ur car... what i think wld be right is to get rid of the swirls... and if u are not too particular of ur car's paintwork like how some of us are... the next following times.. dun machine.. just apply polish... it'll cover here and there.. SFC so far has one of the best machining guy i have come to know.. his "cutting" of lines are usually very leveled, just rem... the car may be kim kim goot goot for a week or two, no machining.. then expect ur car to look like how it went in to the grooming shop.

Shaaz.

Machine buffers are dangerous tools. They must be used properly. The better ones use a more random motion, which is called an orbital buffer. I DIY at home using the Black and Decker one - comes with pads and buffers of its own. Using some imported polish, I actually managed to remove ALL the swirl marks and the car has been kept looking like that for months.

In my experience, the condition of the pad is very important. It should always have the right amount of moisture there, and cannot pick up particles of dirt. The hand movements are also another thing that you would pick up once you start to DIY. Effectively used, the machine actually makes the job many many times easier, and giving you more leeway to actually pay attention to details and doing a really good job instead of just rubbing rubbing like a madman, and looking at the rest of 9 more panels to do... By the time you finsh the whole car exterior in DETAIL by hand, you wondering about the interior, already feel like taking a bath and a nap.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88quest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back