Car went over pothole

Midnight1987

2 tyres + 2 rim + control arm uplorry

after going thru the pothole, tyre went flat straight away on the side of expressway and got recovered by EMAS.
able to claim from LTA?

i tried calling them and they want me to submit my claim.

what are the chances of claiming back?
at least for the tyres...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Car went over pothole

not sure about the chances but the last time that happened to my car, had to replace all the rims and tyres :(

damage around $800..? can't remember

Last time I asked before.

LTA say cannot claim.

All these Murtha farker LTA people, dig here dig there until our road is WORSE than those Malaysia roads that goes through national parks.

The problem I see with the roads here are not so much of potholes, but those stupid metal covers they keep installing on the road. They are almost never flush with the road but below the surface…which pretty much behaves as a pothole and these are everywhere!!!! I really hate those and also the road patchwork! Seriously why can't they get these things right.

I thought got a hotline to complain and they will come and fix within weeks or months ?

Red_Bean_Bun;1099196 said:
I thought got a hotline to complain and they will come and fix within weeks or months ?

Experience show that they will only respond reactively when people post on FB or STOMP.

Midnight1987;1099157 said:
2 tyres + 2 rim + control arm uplorry

after going thru the pothole, tyre went flat straight away on the side of expressway and got recovered by EMAS.
able to claim from LTA?

i tried calling them and they want me to submit my claim.

what are the chances of claiming back?
at least for the tyres...

LTA may claim you damage their road. The hole is actually a dedicated craved out water collection point for data research. you spoil it, fine $2k.

I tried before. Metal cover flew out lying on the road. Must have been lying there for a while and destroyed my rims when i went over it accidentally. Wrote to LTA but didn't get a response. Wrote to them again and they responded that they have repaired the road.

i claimed before. you need to have photos of the pothole, the damage of your car, all in the same photo..

Am3thyst;1099401 said:
i claimed before. you need to have photos of the pothole, the damage of your car, all in the same photo..

wow.... that would mean one must stop his vehicle and come down to take pictures of the
damage with the rim sunken in the pothole??? and you managed that! kudos to you!

naan1974;1099407 said:
wow.... that would mean one must stop his vehicle and come down to take pictures of the
damage with the rim sunken in the pothole??? and you managed that! kudos to you!

No lah..the tyre doesn't have to be in the pothole..

i hit the pothole hard enough to have a blowout..so i managed to get pictures of my damaged tyre + rim..plus the pothole which i had already gone over...just so happen that my license plate etc was all captured in the same photo..and also my in-car DVR video..so it made the claim alot easier..

basically..it IS possible to claim..you just need to show evidence that the damage caused was because of the pothole and not your negligent driving etc..

Am3thyst;1099401 said:
Lol. So Red_Bean_Bun gonna chop what? Chop chilli ahh...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
747liveapp
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back