carefree trip to Malaysia

stevenwu

hi,

Plan to drive up to Malaysia Genting/ penang etc BUT not using my own car.

Is it wise to rent locally or rent in Malaysia JB (probably more cost efficient) and will not be 'disturb' both by HW petrol and others since driving a Malaysia car plate......

Any advice ?

Can I drive a Malaysia rent car to Singapore ? I am Singaporean.

thanks

Re: carefree trip to Malaysia

stevenwu;826815 said:
hi,
Can I drive a Malaysia rent car to Singapore ? I am Singaporean.
this one is probably not possible.

Mockngbrd;826818 said:
this one is probably not possible.

if not wrong, we are not even allowed to drive a msian registered vehicle with our spore driving license? and msian cars entering singapore have to pay $30 a day to enter if i am not wrong.... all i heard from people before so dunno if its :bullshit:

This one I got expert advice to dispense. Free some more.

1. No, a Singaporean cannot drive a Malaysian-registered car back into Singapore - Customs will stop you.
2. A Singaporean CAN drive a Malaysian-registered car in Singapore - provided you don't get checked. Say your relatives visiting from Malaysia & they drove their car over. It'll make more sense for you to drive them around in their car (if you don't have your own). Just drive safely, and that'll be OK. It's just the coming thru customs that confirm you can't clear if you're driving a M'sian-reg car.
3. Singaporeans CAN hire Malaysian-reg. cars in Malaysia. I've done it previously, with my Singaporean licence. No different from hiring cars in Australia/UK (which I've also done personally - our Licence is quite well recognized, at least for the purposes of hiring a car for personal use).
4. Good idea to drive a M'sian-reg car, but make sure the car is up to safety specs. You'll be driving SUPER LONG distances, and Genting's twisties are not funny. If brakes go kaput, it's a long way down a ravine...

Good luck!

rent a proton or jap from jb(not BMW), go rochor road and get a jb taxi.
ask the taxi to take you to the car rental company to take car.
with a malaysian registered car you can blend in better and fake as locals.

your odds of being targetted are very much reduced.
your sg license can drive malaysia cars.(cant drive into singapore)

how come nobody asked Steven wat kind of carefree trip he is thinking about?

Many spas and ktvs have limited parking leh

Why not exploit your 335 in Msia? Sure beats driving any crap rental all the way to Penang.

I think Steven telling his wife he's on business trip, that's why he must leave his 335 at home.....

Thanks....

335 already 3+years old so worry kaput on the way up north.
For rented car, if kaput, just called to change another one.....easy...
Malaysia plated car is less "obvious" whenever I go so can chiong anywhere I want, not to worry about parking, stolen etc.

can rent a M3 to test also.....

I really going for 'carefree' trip......don't think elsewhere hor :)

Stevenwu, long time no see.

U reminded me of someone I know. Leave his carrerra-S in Sg and go JB rent a proton wira drive up to genting.

When u going Genting? I poke you and flash u with high beam on NSH.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88osaka

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back