Cashcard protector

zeb

Hi,

Does anyone knows where to get a decent cashcard protector for the IU? I've seen them selling at the Post Offices but they come with the BMW letters, which in my opinion are not tastefully done. Dunno why they have pretty nice inscriptions for other models like Audi, Toyota...and many of them do have their logos on it, but for the BMW, it's just the 3 letters and they're freaking big. Would help if you anyone can guide me to get a plain protector.

Cheers.

Re: Cashcard protector

U can get them at petrol kiosks. Saw them recently at Caltex, where I usually pump my tank of gas from.

just wondering if putting a cover would 'invite' break-ins to grap the card...i mean if you cover it up, chances are that there is a card in IU...which is why i have resisted in putting a cover til now, but i may be wrong. and it is definitely more troublesome to put in and out of IU everytime u need to pass a ERP

not really, with the cover on....whoever intends to attempt a break-in will think twice, whether there's any card and is it worth it compared to a cashcard lying open there, like displaying a big welcome sign. the bad guy would be like "hmmm.....dunno got card inside or not leh, wait dun have waste my time....might as well look for another one"

gadgets;235232 said:
just wondering if putting a cover would 'invite' break-ins to grap the card...i mean if you cover it up, chances are that there is a card in IU...which is why i have resisted in putting a cover til now, but i may be wrong. and it is definitely more troublesome to put in and out of IU everytime u need to pass a ERP

Err... the reason I use one was because the stoopid IU doesn't match the dashboard color (which is black). Anyway, I think it would be safe lah, unless you get an indecent one that start exposing itself rampantly........:yummie:

SEB >> Yo, bro, you can buy a plain one and stick your own sticker on it.. maybe the ///M label you find in the M-rims would be nice.

Thanks bro...will try to get a plain one. The reason I need my cashcard in the IU is because the middle console (just below the aircon) is very prone to scratches. The constant ordeal of taking out the cashcard from there is indirectly inviting me to scratch the cover....not really of safety reason to protect my IU etc.... Also, my normal route doesn't incur ERP charges and there are many occasions that I've got trapped by the gantry and pay extra $10 on top of the ERP charges.... hence having the cashcard inside is definitely much easier.

I've seen a friend of mine has got the tiny BMW wordings exquisitely imprinted on his cashcard protector, but he inherited it from the previous owner and didn't know where to get it. I would suppose it might be sensible to get a normal one and stick whatever designs one wishes....but dunno why are those sold in the Post Offices so 'obiang' for BMW as compared to others?

I think the Shell petrol kiosks sell the plain ones for around $6 if I don't recall them wrongly.

Hey ZEB, I was once shopping around like you and came to the same opinion. Anyway, i surrendered and bought the plain jane. Yes, pulling out the card frequently also wears out the contact point on the chip beside risking that $10 thingy.

mine got PML written on it!!!

Why you take the cashcard in and out? I never remove it.

jawzsg;235518 said:
Hey ZEB, I was once shopping around like you and came to the same opinion. Anyway, i surrendered and bought the plain jane. Yes, pulling out the card frequently also wears out the contact point on the chip beside risking that $10 thingy.

u mean sex wears out the contact pooint too?? since it 'pulls out frequently':nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

As for me, better to take out la...:)

Too much of a hassle to take it out but seriously, try using the airbursh machine to paint it in black. classic. you can put on the ///M logo if you want to pose a bit. mine was given by the SE

Hitmee, stop it

my boss is in ofice, he can hear me laughing

are u seeing things this 7th month? LOL
i see hitmee all the time..

seeing things?? nope. Just blur only

stupid eyes, when will doctors invent bionic eye for me

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back