Castrol Edge Sport 0w40 - Some Facts

Re: Castrol Edge Sport 0w40 - Some Facts

bfd;429804 said:
Shld be ok, but i guess 5w-30 more ideal. 0w-30 needed more for cold countries but still can use just that not required in our climate.

but it didnt say its BMW LL-01/ LL-04 approved, so how?

Higher boost use thicker oil ?

Everyday I learn something new here.

tom_ting;429848 said:
but it didnt say its BMW LL-01/ LL-04 on the package. so how?

castrol has so many different versions of SLX across countries it is a nightmare trying to determine which is which. some state LL04 while others LL01, and the bottle u got surprisingly lists no LL spec.

i think the MB spec 229.3 means its full synthetic, and that sounds good. but what is ur intention? bringing it to PML? if u are, then best to check with your SA for the green light, if its warranty u are worried about.

is tis old stock u got hold of? Msia current castrol site only has EDGE listed now leh. they got the sport version, LL04, and they put a note for buyers to check with their bmw car manual.

the heck with LL thingy. change sync oil every 10,000km so dun need to bother about how much extra longer it can last. even LL oso result in sludge so play it safe and smart!

pml charges sgd55 for oil filter, gasket and labour for oil change. bring ur own oil and total is quite cheap for 10,000km oci. motul 1l $30 bucks? amsoil 1l $15 bucks? cheap la... to maintain a high end car. jap and korean car owners oso do this!

motorknut;429963 said:
castrol has so many different versions of SLX across countries it is a nightmare trying to determine which is which. some state LL04 while others LL01, and the bottle u got surprisingly lists no LL spec.

i think the MB spec 229.3 means its full synthetic, and that sounds good. but what is ur intention? bringing it to PML? if u are, then best to check with your SA for the green light, if its warranty u are worried about.

is tis old stock u got hold of? Msia current castrol site only has EDGE listed now leh. they got the sport version, LL04, and they put a note for buyers to check with their bmw car manual.

i dont know if this is the old stock, but this ols apparently is packed by castrol m'sia and its not sold in the market. its available from Tan Chong Motor Service Centre and certain selected OEM car dealers. you need to know the service centre/dealers b4 they will sell it to you. :juggle:

its funny i know and i am waiting somebody from Castrol M'sia to explain this.
I called up Tan Chong centre to find out what car they put this oil, they replied Cefiro, Sentra, blah...blah...blah...unbelievable! :screwedu:

arowana1;429966 said:
the heck with LL thingy. change sync oil every 10,000km so dun need to bother about how much extra longer it can last. even LL oso result in sludge so play it safe and smart!

pml charges sgd55 for oil filter, gasket and labour for oil change. bring ur own oil and total is quite cheap for 10,000km oci. motul 1l $30 bucks? amsoil 1l $15 bucks? cheap la... to maintain a high end car. jap and korean car owners oso do this!

ya tio lah..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7clubcomde

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back