catless DP + stock mid pipe + aftermarket muffler

shaoster

Hi, I own a F22 and i’m on these these three items currently. Ever since i changed to a catless DP , my engine start has always become quite unpleasant.. is it normal?

Hi, I own a F22 and i’m on these these three items currently. Ever since i changed to a catless DP , my engine start has always become quite unpleasant.. is it normal?

do you meant Cold-start only or whenever you start?
*** describe ( unpleasant ) - overly-loud, crack...?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

thank you for replying. definitely whenever i start . i hear this loud, unpleasant and hollow sound. Before i switched back to stock mid pipe it was worst. Was wondering if it’s normal and any recommendation

thank you for replying. definitely whenever i start . i hear this loud, unpleasant and hollow sound. Before i switched back to stock mid pipe it was worst. Was wondering if it’s normal and any recommendation

for sure with a catless down-pipe the cold start will be loud ( switch back to stock DP )
by the way what brand is the exhaust?
is your car 4cyc or 6cyc?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

i see. thanks for the advice! i believe it’s 4cyc. Will tuning of the car make things better? what would you recommend ? a stock dp with aftermarket midpipe and muffler or a catless dp with stock exhaust

i see. thanks for the advice! i believe it’s 4cyc. Will tuning of the car make things better? what would you recommend ? a stock dp with aftermarket midpipe and muffler or a catless dp with stock exhaust

is your car M235i?
what do you meant by make things better? softer on the sound side?
my advise: just get a LTA approved cat-back exhaust...( plus a stock dp )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

is your car M235i?
what do you meant by make things better? softer on the sound side?
my advise: just get a LTA approved cat-back exhaust...( plus a stock dp )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

M235i will be a 6cyl..so most likely it's a 2.0L.

To Shaoster
Most important is what u wanna achieve after changing DP, mid pipe and muffler?

Aftermarket muffler? Those brandless type? Does your current sound like those Malaysia Lorry? Those are super hollow sounding

Would suggest to get a approved muffler than those non LTA compliance.. And maybe a high flow cat will be better if u find the smell too unbearable.

Cheers

M235i will be a 6cyl..so most likely it's a 2.0L.

To Shaoster
Most important is what u wanna achieve after changing DP, mid pipe and muffler?

Aftermarket muffler? Those brandless type? Does your current sound like those Malaysia Lorry? Those are super hollow sounding

Would suggest to get a approved muffler than those non LTA compliance.. And maybe a high flow cat will be better if u find the smell too unbearable.

Cheers

yes i know 4cyc (2L) cause maybe 6cyc with catless DP + brandless type could produce louder hollow sound?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88freevip
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back