CCFL for E46 @ only $280??? So cheap meh??

Just a small word of caution...
I am afraid the rings light throw may "suffer" if inserted in regular head lights, ie non-eagle eye kind of type. I can't really imagine the result but I suppose when the main headlight is turned on, your head light will look extremely bright and the ring can't be clearly seen.
The high beam light, of course, isnt an issue

I would like to see if someone out there has done this CCFL on regular headlights.

TripleM said:
I am afraid the rings light throw may "suffer" if inserted in regular head lights, ie non-eagle eye kind of type. I can't really imagine the result but I suppose when the main headlight is turned on, your head light will look extremely bright and the ring can't be clearly seen. The high beam light, of course, isnt an issue.

You'd mean to say that the normal bulbs' light diffusion will lower the visual impact of the angel eyes?

Not sure how you define eagle-eye kind of lights.

Yeah I am afraid so
If without the head light on of coz there is no problem like in your pics above but once the headlight is turned on then I am afraid the entire cluster of the main headlight + A.E becomes too bright and not only that, since the ring is smaller (hence inserted inside) than the headlight housing itself, the heat produced from the main headlight might melt the ring ( yet to be proven thou as this is just my analysis)

The eagle eye is the projector lense as in Xenon light and ring is attached outside the housing.

IMO, I think the one where jaskin put on his car should suit the non xenon light system better as both rings are designed to nicely fit the circumference of both main headlight and hi-beam housings.

I stand to be corrected on this.

Bros,

The rings that you have installed on your car, is meant for the xenons and non-xenons. For the Xenons, they are actually developing a new version, which is not for sale yet. And don't know when they will be available to public, this is the info given to me by the factory.

Over here in KL, there are many people who installed the angel eyes on their car with stock bulbs and non-xenons, it still looks nice because the Angel eyes are always brighter AND whiter than the normal bulbs, so they still stand out quite significantly :D

:drool: :thumbsup:

Regards,
Shedden

Cool bro, thks for clarifying that
Cheers

Over here in KL, there are many people who installed the angel eyes on their car with stock bulbs and non-xenons, it still looks nice because the Angel eyes are always brighter AND whiter than the normal bulbs, so they still stand out quite significantly :D

Any chance of a picture to see how they look like?

I think jack is right that any type of angel eyes look better on the xenon-projector equipped clusters, especially when the main lamps are on, cos with the normal halogen cluster, the light is too diffuse that there is no contrast between the AE and the main light.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181957

There are some pics on this link from the fanatics website of someone's CCFLs on his non xenon FL e46 sedan. IMO fine when the headlamps are off, but when the main lamps are on, the light just floods out the AE effect. But hey, it may be advantageous for the AEs to not be too prominent when the lights are on fully, since it isnt the most legal mod around right?

But it could also be the camera settings which may make the image different from that in real life.

Anyway Ken, i may be interested if you're organising a group buy. Cheers mate! =)

eaurouge_spa said:
I think jack is right that any type of angel eyes look better on the xenon-projector equipped clusters, especially when the main lamps are on, cos with the normal halogen cluster, the light is too diffuse that there is no contrast between the AE and the main light.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181957

There are some pics on this link from the fanatics website of someone's CCFLs on his non xenon FL e46 sedan. IMO fine when the headlamps are off, but when the main lamps are on, the light just floods out the AE effect. But hey, it may be advantageous for the AEs to not be too prominent when the lights are on fully, since it isnt the most legal mod around right?

But it could also be the camera settings which may make the image different from that in real life.

Anyway Ken, i may be interested if you're organising a group buy. Cheers mate! =)

Agree with you and Jack that it looks better on Xenons. Attaching the CCFLs on stock headlights just doesn't stand out enough. I'd be keen to do a group buy too..but will probably fix them only after changing my headlights to Bi-Xenons.

Agree with you and Jack that it looks better on Xenons. Attaching the CCFLs on stock headlights just doesn't stand out enough. I'd be keen to do a group buy too..but will probably fix them only after changing my headlights to Bi-Xenons.

Then i may join you on a group buy for bi-xenons too. Ha Ha!!
=)

Then i may join you on a group buy for bi-xenons too. Ha Ha!!
=)

I think we should do that too bro... :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8livenet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back