Ceramic coating effectiveness doubtful

Thanks for your flattery Bryan. It’s my habit to do lots of research before plunging into any action. I am no expert, and I had my fair share of bad choices.
your windscreen should be oem, and pilkington isn’t bad.
if the coating is uneven, you can request them to redo it for you. I don’t think they will decline.
i think you can guess why I know where you did your windscreen (hint hint).
no need $1000 coffee lah, any gourmet coffee is good enough. Spend wisely and make every cent count LOL!

My ride had a detailing session (paint correction + ceramic coating) early last year. After one year, seeing that there were scratches and bird shit marks, I decided to send for a maintenance session by the same detailer. Recently, it had been raining frequently. Usually, I don't dry the car after a rain (it's just too tedious, isn't it?). After 2 days of rain, I sent my car for a wash and I saw a few water spots on my bonnet. They can't be removed through normal wash. I was damn pissed - the coating seemed to offer no resistance to water spots. Mind you, it's not as if I left the water to dry for weeks, it was just 1-2 days. Yes, the car looks shiny after the maintenance session, but if it offers little to no protection, then the coating is not doing its job. The latest coating appeared far less effective compared to the first round of coating. Maybe it's because it's just one layer instead of three? I think such maintenance sessions are just gimmicks, although they cost only 1/3 of the full session. I see these detailing companies as similar to bubble tea concept. It's a lucrative business, so every Tom, Dick and Harry get into this line. Each claimed to use a different brand of products. Now I am very skeptical of the power of coating.

Those who had done coating before, hope you can share your experiences with it. If I can find a reliable shop, I may just try again. Those who want more details can just PM me, it's rather sensitive to reveal certain info over the forum.
are you using wrap bro ?
or paintwork

Thanks for your flattery Bryan. It’s my habit to do lots of research before plunging into any action. I am no expert, and I had my fair share of bad choices.
your windscreen should be oem, and pilkington isn’t bad.
if the coating is uneven, you can request them to redo it for you. I don’t think they will decline.
i think you can guess why I know where you did your windscreen (hint hint).
no need $1000 coffee lah, any gourmet coffee is good enough. Spend wisely and make every cent count LOL!

redo? no way man... you should look at how professional they are.
i think do whole car then they will do properly. i guarantee plus chop, after analysing their sales talk and the result of their work. buy the nano coating and do it myself better... sg got enough ultraviolet radiation to go around...

at a detailing level, i think the bare minimum is to be detailed.

still looking for honest-living workshop to make my cents count LOL!

lucky my oil leaks all kaotim already... my only consolation so far...:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back