ceramic coating

Re: ceramic coating

Just my 2cents.

Its not the coating that matters but what is done before the coating that is important. Some coatings are full of fillers that hides all the imperfections for several days/weeks/months but fact is that the imperfections are still there just hidden until the fillers wash out.

If you want to have a perfect shine you need to first get the base paint right. This requires proper technique and tools. Depending on the condition of the paint it can take a couple of days to get the paint perfected. Only then do you put whatever coating you want on to enhance the looks and protect the paint. This initial step of paint correction without any coating will be expensive but generally need be done only once every few years if the paint is properly taken care of through proper washing techniques.

How often you need to cleanse the paint of contaminants and do spot corrections (for the occasional scratches and marrings) before reapplying the coating is a function of how dirty the environment is, whether covered car park or not, and how long the coating lasts. Generally I find that 6 months is a good interval assuming that you are using a durable coating. Even if the coating can last beyond 6 months, I find that the paint generally requires a good cleansing which necessarily means that the coating has to be re-applied.

Please note that my use of the word "coatings" here is rather liberal and refers to any top coat including carnuba waxes, sealants, glass coatings, ceramic coatings, acrylic coatings etc etc. I am not associated with any particular brand or workshop so I have refrained from mentioning specific names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back