Champion Forged Monolite Rims

Re: Champion Forged Monolite Rims

Very nice rims you have there MT. How much unsprung weight did you save relative to the stock rims?

As an aside, I wish dymags were available in more aesthetically pleasing styles. I heard they allow one to reduce rim weight by 50%!!! But the current ones are really fugly imho.

my guess is ard 2.5-3kg per corner
which is HUGE!

My TE37 saved me 2.5kg per corner

TripleM;359111 said:
my guess is ard 2.5-3kg per corner
which is HUGE!

My TE37 saved me 2.5kg per corner
Remus, Jack's figures are about right. It's huge.

I took 18 not 19 because I cannot stand ultra stiff sidewalls, and though the 19s may be good for Sepang they unsettle a car in street corners or mountain roads.

As for the Dymags, besides fugly which is something I don't care much, the incredible price and unproven durability scares the hell outta me. Champion rims are reputedly the industry strongest with no mention of it ever getting bent, so I'm OK with it.

centurion;359052 said:
Thanks Jack. Now my wheels look much nicer than the car though. Like Ah Pek dress like shit wear rolex.

ABD, here are the approx specs... probably one of the world's lightest non-carbon rims...

Spread forged 9X18 et 47; 1” lip (estimate (17.5 lbs.)
Spread forged 10X18 et 33; 2” lip (estimate (18.5 lbs.)

Recommended tire sizes – Front Stock up to a 245 section width
Rear Stock up to a 275 section width

Brake Fitment:

The wheels will accommodate the stock Porsche brake system and aftermarket BBKs with no spacer required. The larger and uncommon 6 pot Brembo systems utilizing rotors larger in diameter than 365mm will not fit ANY 18” wheel.

Finishes: these are custom made rims, Champion does not usually make 18" RS98 at all. They're supposed to be in satin silver, arthacite or gunmetal, but this batch all silver.
thanks centurion, I just saw a 335 with stock 18" rims and that car 355 front brembo rotors like mine. Damn, if I knew the brembos can clear 18" rims, I would have gone for it instead of 19". The 19" looks nice but lotsa road noise and less cushy.

When its time to dump by HREs, I will looks seriously at these rims in 18" as one of the candidates.

Ahbengdriver;360575 said:
thanks centurion, I just saw a 335 with stock 18" rims and that car 355 front brembo rotors like mine. Damn, if I knew the brembos can clear 18" rims, I would have gone for it instead of 19". The 19" looks nice but lotsa road noise and less cushy.

When its time to dump by HREs, I will looks seriously at these rims in 18" as one of the candidates.
as for the Champion rims, they are by default only for Porsche, but a group called RAC (read the beginning of this thread) do make it for BMWs. Their email addresses are there, as long as you can do like 25-30 in a mass order they will probably help you out.

acupunch;360646 said:
Centurio, congrats! on the new HOTz! shoe and rubbar
I would have been happier with a fuller wallet if I could take the Volks TE37s but I couldn't. On paper the TE37 vs the Champions, they run neck to neck, at a much more reasonable price for the TE37s.

well, each rims has its take and advantage. compare mass production spec with custom made spec. I believe each had its own cost. don't worry. no one ever said you should jus had a pair of shoez. one for track one for show lor. Jack say one. :wink: *wink

centurion;359004 said:
RS98 fitted with PS2. Real noisy road noise now, waiting for it to settle in.

Wow Centurion bro, sibeh chio ur rims! COngrats man! :yummie:

wilman2772;334597 said:
Same Same....

See the design plan......it says Champion.....kekekeke

'The Great White'

Wah lan eh bro, see this CHAMPION rim for BMW damn wet lei! Buey tahanz! :yummie: :yummie: :yummie:

centurion;359052 said:
Thanks Jack. Now my wheels look much nicer than the car though. Like Ah Pek dress like shit wear rolex.

ABD, here are the approx specs... probably one of the world's lightest non-carbon rims...

Spread forged 9X18 et 47; 1” lip (estimate (17.5 lbs.)
Spread forged 10X18 et 33; 2” lip (estimate (18.5 lbs.)

Recommended tire sizes – Front Stock up to a 245 section width
Rear Stock up to a 275 section width

Brake Fitment:

The wheels will accommodate the stock Porsche brake system and aftermarket BBKs with no spacer required. The larger and uncommon 6 pot Brembo systems utilizing rotors larger in diameter than 365mm will not fit ANY 18” wheel.

Finishes: these are custom made rims, Champion does not usually make 18" RS98 at all. They're supposed to be in satin silver, arthacite or gunmetal, but this batch all silver.

Mike
Your front wheel specs are clearly wrong man. It's meant for wide body conversion one

For Cayman fitment, ur front is same as typical 911
ie 8.5J +53 OR 8J +46 thereabout

If u run 9J, ur offset shud be at least on par with the 8.5J or slightly more positive..

actually there was discussion on the wheels `sticking out' in the group buy IIRC, but the group voted in favour of `slightly sticking out', after that decision then Champion went to do all the measurements etc.

I have a slightly different version of wrong offset. If there is rubbing or hitting the suspension components, then it's wrong. But the way it is, it doesn't hit the suspension on the inside and on the outside it don't rub, so for me it's OK.

you're right in saying Cayman front = 911 front, it's exactly the same including the entire front fender assembly. Short of a custom front fender, these wheels on a 911 widebody or not, will be same, sticking out a little right? Because widebody in stock form only occurs for rear, not front, right?

fyi the stock rim specs on a c2s are

front: 8x19" (10.1kg)
rear: 11x19" (12.6kg)

MT, why did the group not go with 8x19 on the fronts to save weight?

Now the 18" are 17.5 lbs (7.9kg) front, and 8.4kg rear. that's a lot lighter than stock, and than the 19 inchers. The Cayman does not do well on 19" wheels, as reported, and they went witn 9 inches wide to take wider front tyres. The front can now take to 255-265 even, and the rear up to 295.

Ok Mike
I know the front wont rub but should u decide to slap on some coilover to lower the car then u will call Singapore, we have a problem.
Meanwhile, enjoy in good health. Get a little more camber in the front and ur cornering speed should be sweet.

thanks Jack. If I could lower the car it would be nice, but since this is a PASM system the only upgrade now is the Bilstein Damptronic and I'm not sure that it'll be lower (probably same height). Lemme ask the other members who don't have PASM and lowered and see how they cope with the 47 ETs.

And with your camber change, yeah I think can lower away without any issue.

edit: Jack, i took a picture, using a pole to show the vertical axis made by the outer side of the tyres. Not that bad huh?
dscn0415by8.jpg

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back