Change color of car

deputyruggles

Hi,

Itchy liao... Anybody change the color of their car?

Any recommendations?

What's the $$$ and the duration like?

Understand for a color change, must remove lots of trimmings etc... any experience with damaged parts and rattling etc?

Thanks.

Re: Change color of car

good quality colour change is 4k at mike in ubi. an ok colour change at yew lip at sing ming is around 2.5k they do good work. my car was black before

downtime is about 1mth, should be abt 2.5k

if your paintwork is still good, do not change colour but respray same colour. better resell value as people might think you had accident.

thanks for the infor guys...

Color dark green now.... not my fav color so thinking of changing to black or white... i know... hard to maintain...

must think hard... seems not cheap and take quite a while.... not to mention the crap i'll get from dealers when i ultimately sell the car.

bro. white is not that hard to maintain. black is. any dust shows up on a black car. so u gotta keep it kim kim dust and dirt free.

bugaboo said:
bro. white is not that hard to maintain. black is. any dust shows up on a black car. so u gotta keep it kim kim dust and dirt free.

hmmm... thot both were equally difficult to maintain... well then... guess white color is the preference now.

white is just as hard to maintain. when it rains, there'll be black streaks running down the side of your car. if you don't maintain it properly, it will also begin to yellow in 2-3 years, especially if its parked outdoors.

however, white paint is the hardest colour available due to the titanium dioxide pigment used. i think the hardness rating is something like 7/10 with 10 being the hardness of diamond?? i think lah.

the dye used in black paint is actually carbon, which is the softest, 2/10.

what does it matter whether your paint is hard or soft? don't know if harder paintwork will provide better protection from stone chips but from the point of view of a car groomer, its easier to polish and detail soft paintwork than it is to polish harder pigments.

louis said:
white is just as hard to maintain. when it rains, there'll be black streaks running down the side of your car. if you don't maintain it properly, it will also begin to yellow in 2-3 years, especially if its parked outdoors.

however, white paint is the hardest colour available due to the titanium dioxide pigment used. i think the hardness rating is something like 7/10 with 10 being the hardness of diamond?? i think lah.

the dye used in black paint is actually carbon, which is the softest, 2/10.

what does it matter whether your paint is hard or soft? don't know if harder paintwork will provide better protection from stone chips but from the point of view of a car groomer, its easier to polish and detail soft paintwork than it is to polish harder pigments.

ok...ok... compromise lor.... black/white...aiyah...grey lah. :yummie:

I got mine from Silver to Alpine White at Mike.

Min 10 days. Good worksmanship.

Drive down and get a quote from him lah.

Dun get white as there are not many white cars on the road.

I hope to be the selected few.

Cheers!

Liverpudlian said:
I got mine from Silver to Alpine White at Mike.

Min 10 days. Good worksmanship.

Drive down and get a quote from him lah.

Dun get white as there are not many white cars on the road.

I hope to be the selected few.

Cheers!

what's was the damage$$? So no rattling etc?

OK lah... no white for me....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gemwinwang

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back