Change of windscreen wiper x 2

Re: Change of windscreen wiper x 2

Boss is selling the PIAA silicone ones. Are silicone wipers really better?

Was on Twister silicone wipers on my previous car, they work like no other wipers I tried, Clean and smooth wipes even after years.

But was told they might not fit BMWs, anyone fitted them on?

Last edited by a moderator:

i just went to Soon Huat, their Bosch AeroTwin wipers does not fit my e60. weird...

Essence33;592066 said:
Was on Twister silicone wipers on my previous car, they work like no other wipers I tried, Clean and smooth wipes even after years.

But was told they might not fit BMWs, anyone fitted them on?

For Twister wipers, you need the F4 adaptor to fit 3-series and F5 adaptor to fit 5-series if I am not wrong. Adaptors are sold seperately but they are cheap, like $4-5 a pc.

Can advise where to get those twister silicon wipers??? Thank you

pengful;594264 said:
Autobacs...

Was @ Autobacs, they don't carry for bmw. Only rubber ones... And it cost almost the same as original from PML

wolf73;594269 said:
Was @ Autobacs, they don't carry for bmw. Only rubber ones... And it cost almost the same as original from PML

Make sure you know the sizes of both wipers, then look for the adpator for your car. These are general application wipers, unlike those from Bosch or Valeo. So you have to know what you are buying.

Autobacs Paya Lebar has them. I was there the other day.

pengful;594298 said:
Make sure you know the sizes of both wipers, then look for the adpator for your car. These are general application wipers, unlike those from Bosch or Valeo. So you have to know what you are buying.

Autobacs Paya Lebar has them. I was there the other day.

Ok, i will go take a look at Paya Lebar.

Do you know the brand? And also what' s the cost?

Silicon wiper right?

wolf73;594312 said:
Ok, i will go take a look at Paya Lebar.

Do you know the brand? And also what' s the cost?

Silicon wiper right?

Twister. Believe they are all silicon wipers and not cheap, around 38-40 for 1 pc. You still have to buy adaptor for your car model which costs around 4 per pc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you bro, for your info.

pengful;594315 said:
Twister. Believe they are all silicon wipers and not cheap, around 38-40 for 1 pc. You still have to buy adaptor for your car model which costs around 4 per pc.

pengful;594315 said:

Thanks Pengfu... Will check it out

I went to Autobacs and ask the person to try the twister gold series....which he said is the only brand that may have chances of fitting in my E90. However, the bracket holder couldn't fit into it...stuck halfway. So the guy say...go back PML to change!!! Anyway tried successfully using the twister gold wiper??

whitelance78;594813 said:
I went to Autobacs and ask the person to try the twister gold series....which he said is the only brand that may have chances of fitting in my E90. However, the bracket holder couldn't fit into it...stuck halfway. So the guy say...go back PML to change!!! Anyway tried successfully using the twister gold wiper??

Just go to ES to get the OE one and change. 5 mins job only and it cost $75 for a pair of original for my E60.

blacktrek;594920 said:
Just go to ES to get the OE one and change. 5 mins job only and it cost $75 for a pair of original for my E60.

Can also try Goldenlink. My experience is their parts seem to be cheaper than ES, and the young chap at the Sin Ming Autocentre outlet is helpful.

just called goldenlink. oem 48 bmw original 70. dont know wads the difference though. anyway i saw on ebay you can jus buy the rubber blade refill for 17. anyone tried b4?

Twister for E60, choose 24" wiper blade + F5 adaptor. Total damage near 85, installation FOC. Bad news is the standard wiper come with Grade A rubber only.
Good news is silicon blade refill is availble at 40 a pair, installation FOC. So, use on rubber first, then change to silicon later.
Information on the type of adaptor to be use on type of cars is also available right at the wiper display section.
Currently, only F7 adaptor not available.
Oh, don't ask me F7 adaptor for which model, i old man, forget liao :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back