Changing cars? - COE prices 19-Oct 2011

Re: Changing cars? - COE prices 19-Oct 2011

st8800;695170 said:
I remember distinctively back in 1996-7 when COE was around 100k, someone I knew bought a 10 yrs old merc c200 for 120k. Madza 323 1.6 astina cost 132k new and I nearly bought it. Seems those days are coming back.

Hmmmm..

Over the last 20 years,

I paid $129K for a Corolla.

Then years later, paid $62K for a Honda Civic 1.6

Went on to pay $130 for a E46 Sports

And finally $138K for a six-month BMW Asia full-featured E60 525 highline (soft-close, rear windscreen blind, active steering...).

I will wait for F10 to hit $140K new..

Life's not fair. But it's alright... as long as you are on the correct side of the unfairness.

Could happen again but highly unlikely.....

Population then was under 3m. Now we are closing in on 6m. Government have no choice but to limit car growth.

that was the price for a new E60 520i (4pot, NA, N46) in mar 2009
will history repeats itself for F10 520i (4pot, turbo, N20)? :D

MapleLeaf;695174 said:
I will wait for F10 to hit $140K new.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidtch;694293 said:
The simplest solution is to stop dealer from bidding. But hor, Ah lui bonus will go down the drain.

Not that simple la...dude.

wt_know;695177 said:
that was the price for a new E60 520i (4pot, NA, N46) in mar 2009
will history repeats itself for F10 520i (4pot, turbo, N20)? :D

Possible. History has shown that what goes up must come down. I used to have a pre-owned Mazda 626 with a $65K COE.

When banks start adjusting their loan rates, that'll be the start of down... wait for it.

COE won't go down that low again. This is the new norm. The government has learnt its lesson when it released too many certs now its mopping time to reduce the certs that has gone through the door. They also learnt that they did'nt make that much money with that many COEs in fact they made less. So this time around, pay through your nose if you want to drive.

quite true.
after lehman collapse, all institutions including governments had learnt thier lesson

robecom1;695248 said:
COE won't go down that low again. This is the new norm. The government has learnt its lesson when it released too many certs now its mopping time to reduce the certs that has gone through the door. They also learnt that they did'nt make that much money with that many COEs in fact they made less. So this time around, pay through your nose if you want to drive.

after COE price has stabilized then govt will start to charge pay as you drive. the more you drive the more you pay. I think the trial for Gps tracking will be finished by mid next year and full implementation and roll out will be earlier than the original target date of 2015. By then we have to drive more in Malaysia to make full use of our cars.
how about 25 cents per kilometer for the first 10 km then 50 cents per km thereafter per day.

Pretty reasonable charges. Road tax will be abolished by then. :laughlik:

Why so damn troublesome? Might as well just jack up fuel prices. Then singapore will be full of volkswagen.

when COE hits the roof, car sales MAY slow down and bank rates MAY increase. by then maybe we'll see a shift. otherwise for now till end 2012... suck thumb. sit and wait and make friends with workshops.

unless people can't take loan on the COE amount... maybe starts a different ballgame. To down a cash of $75K for a car is somewhat mildly insane.

Thinking of swtiching my F10 for the Evoque

Evoque is nice. But I still prefer F10. Different class of cars though... saloon and SUV.

Time to switch to public transport, fellas! Our bus and train operators have been severely penalised and things can only get better:

SBS, SMRT buses fined for quality of service lapses

SMRT Buses: $300.
SBS Transit: $700.
Commuter eating on train: $500 :sleepy:

Oilman;695799 said:
Time to switch to public transport, fellas! Our bus and train operators have been severely penalised and things can only get better:

Some people (and company) never learn. It may also be more economical to pay a fine then rectify a flaw.

Wondering what is the latest promotion price for 3-series & 5-series.
I mean actual lowest price to pay direct.. without talking about what overtrade what loyalty, etc.

detach8;695753 said:
when COE hits the roof, car sales MAY slow down and bank rates MAY increase. by then maybe we'll see a shift. otherwise for now till end 2012... suck thumb. sit and wait and make friends with workshops.

unless people can't take loan on the COE amount... maybe starts a different ballgame. To down a cash of $75K for a car is somewhat mildly insane[/I].

Perhaps it will take a while for this 'norm' to set in. As it is, some forummers who just bought their car at a COE of $65k consider it a steal!!

For the current car owners who has seen the lows of COE, it's a very bitter pill to swallow. I guess it's all relative.

Sad state for car ownership in Singapore....

Cheers!

2 years ago I am planning to get the F30 with N20 engine to replace my E90 and expected to pay around 160K....now 160k can only buy a tom yam camry 2.4..

Last edited by a moderator:

zorro;696004 said:
2 years ago I am planning to get the F30 with N20 engine to replace my E90 and expected to pay around 160K....now 160k can only buy a tom yam camry 2.4..

I actually missed the opportunity when PML promotion on the 318i at $149,800 during May 2011

I remember when I picked up the E90 in 2007... $13k. Now... sigh.

Oilman;695799 said:

SBS, SMRT buses fined for quality of service lapses

I'm re-reading this article 3 times. Was there a mis-print? Fine SBS $700 and MRT $300. Did they mean per bus that were late? Or they forgot to add 1 or 2 more zeroes behind if they are referring to the respective companies?

$300 and $700 per company is just unbelieveable. Those are fines for individuals! Not a corporation. Why is the PTC so gawd damn lame?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRogerss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back